shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Ever Wear YG Earrings w/ WG ID Jackets? Pics?

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Title pretty much says it all :)

I'm thinking of setting a couple stones into yellow gold earring settings but I'm wondering how that would look with the IDJewelry jackets I'd eventually like to buy in white gold. Would it just look like a two-tone effect, or would it really emphasize that the jackets are just that - jackets that aren't integrated?

If anyone has any pics to share, I'd love to see them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My MIL has YG studs that I sometimes borrow with my PLAT jackets. They really aren't noticable and I actually sort of like the small color difference...then once again only a hint of the prongs peek out. I wish I had pictures but I don't have any close ups and we don't live near MIL anymore.

Where are you buying the jackets from? i woudl ask them to do a set up for you with the different colored metals so you can see the difference. if that is possible...no harm in asking!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I would use the gold color that best enhances the gemstone. I've used YG for spessartites, yellow zircons, etc. and the prongs have all but disappeared, and have not looked odd against the IDJ jacket. Some gemstones aren't yellow/orange, but take on a grey or undesirable undertone in WG - in those cases, I wouldn't hesitate to use YG or even RG either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results