shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever seen a ring like this?

Maplesyrup

Rough_Rock
I bought this ring off of ebay almost 10 years ago. It was sold as sterling but I see no marks on it and it's never needed cleaning even with daily wearing 20210205_104708.jpg , it retains the shine amongst the antiquing. I was drawn to it because it looked like reptile skin wrapped in rope and was so unique. The domed part is hollow and has a small nub on the inside, maybe from a molding process? And the back of the band has a slight buckle, perhaps from being resized at some point. I would love any additional info people may be able to provide, I was so pleasantly surprised at everyone's amazing insight on the last mystery ring I posted. Thank you in advance, you all are awesome! 20210205_105538.jpg 20210205_104722.jpg 20210205_104703.jpg 20210205_104653.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I do see signs of patina all around, but silver keeps its shine if you wear it often. Could be the ring was deliberately oxidized to begin with, the shading of the scales look that way. It’s a cool ring!

Maplesyrup

Rough_Rock
I do see signs of patina all around, but silver keeps its shine if you wear it often. Could be the ring was deliberately oxidized to begin with, the shading of the scales look that way. It’s a cool ring!

Oh, good to know! I thought silver tarnished no matter what. It does look purposefully oxidized, it was that way when I got it.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock

It reminds me of some of the old Barry Kieselstein / Kieselstein-Cord designs, though I would think it would be marked if it were.

Maplesyrup

Rough_Rock

It reminds me of some of the old Barry Kieselstein / Kieselstein-Cord designs, though I would think it would be marked if it were.

Thank you! I looked them up and it does indeed resemble that designer's style. I wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by them or something like that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results