shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever get a DBTY necklace from ID Jewelry

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was searching Pricescope for DBTY necklaces, and it seems like most posts were for Whiteflash or BGD DBTY necklaces, which people are happy with.

Anyone ever get a DBTY necklace from ID Jewelry? Feedback?

For a necklace such as DBTY, where the diamonds contact skin and can get grimy more readily than a diamond set in a ring setting, is it more important to get ideal cut melee, or does it just not matter b/c skin oils and lotion will just dampen the sparkle, anyways? I'd love to hear from DBTY owners! :wavey:

Also, 0.07 (7 pointers) versus 0.10 (10 pointers) - will I see a big difference? AND the quantity of diamonds in the DBTY - is 5 too minimal? should I look at necklaces that start at 7? This will be for an 18" necklace. What's a good look?

Thanks in advance for your informative posts! ;))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey PB!!!

I don't have a DBTY from IDJ, but I have been SERIOUSLY thinking about purchasing one from them lately. I've been talking to Luann about one, but haven't decided which way I'm going to go yet. If I get it, I was actually thinking about going with bigger diamonds (like 18 pointers) as I love bigger/blingier looks these days. Since I live pretty close to NYC though, I think I am going to wait till after the holidays and pay a visit to them so I can try some on in person. I believe they can customize to whatever size stones/spacing you want!!

If you get one, you MUST post pics!!! I love DBTY's!!!! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Dani!

18 pointers sound DIVINE! I'm more at the 7 pointer to possibly 10 pointer price range right now.

Earlier this year, when I was working in the city, I used to sneak out during lunch to ID Jewelery to take care of misc. projects. I always admired the DBTY necklaces they had, but the time crunch kept me from trying any on ( :blackeye: ). I think they had two types of DBTY necklaces - one was handmade and one was not (elf-made? :tongue: ). Now I don't work in the city anymore, so its more of an ordeal for me to haul my butt out there. So tempted to run to IDJ tomorrow since they're open on Sundays right now, but this cold I have is derailing my plans!

Anybody ever get a DBTY from IDJ? I welcome all feedback!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Pintobean, if you get out there to try some one, do you think you could take photos and show them off to us? that would be a lovely treat for the rest of us... or maybe just ME!! ... I'd love to see what they look like at different length and stone sizes, if they allow it.

(and I'd really like to see the ELF MADE ONES!! :lol: )

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, if you could go and get some pics for us PB, that would be wonderful!!! I would love to see. If not, maybe I will get there after the holidays and do some research for the community :naughty:

The big decision right now for me is either doing a larger solitaire pendant, or the DBTY. I just don't know what I would be happier with. Guess that's why I have to try both on to see what I like better IRL :confused:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
BTW, this is the pic of the DBTY with 18 pointers that Luann sent me :love: :love: :love:

idj18tptsdbty.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I like that size - it sits well on her neck and the diamonds stand out with out being lost or overwhelming. For me, it would be the price point that would be my driving force. :$$):

I wonder if they make DBTY in other stones as well? (then - duh! - obv not DIAMONDS by the yard!) I have a several small blue, blue/green, green/yellow pear shaped unheated sapphires that this may just be the perfect solution for... uh oh... the wheels are turning....

Dani and Pintobean - if you do make it to the shop and can share your photos, that would be AWESOME! :appl: :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi-

I'm pretty sure if you wanted a DBTY using sapphires or other stones they could do it- I think Mara just got a sapphire by the yard necklace by them and she loves it!!! :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
say... WHAT????!!!! Wow - is there a link somewhere? I'd really love a browse at that!

(( Apologies to OP Pintobean for threadjacking 8) ))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani - you are KILLING me with these 18 pointers! They would look so good on my tree trunk neck!

Two options - save more money, OR lose a ton of weight to make 7 or 10 pointers look bigger. LOL!

Dani, Enerchi, such enablers - you've got me motivated to shake this cold. I am going to drink a gallon of clear fluids and take a lot of vitamins right now. I WANT to get my arse to ID Jewelry tomorrow!!! Making sure Fi charges his iPhone for pics!!!

Poor thing, Fi got a little pale in the face :errrr: when I said I wanted to go to IDJ. I assured him that it was for research purposes only, and to keep the cash at home. :naughty: (No biggie - if I find something I like, there are lots of ATMs around... :lol: :twisted: , or maybe another weekend trip to the city - yay!)

THREADJACK away - Enerchi!!! I'm intrigued myself - bought a parcel of random sapphires from Mastercut gems, and was wondering what the heck to do with them myself!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YES!!! Now you're talking!!!! Please take neck pics of the DBTY- you may just help me pull the trigger on that one!! If you can take one a little further away, that would be wonderful!!! It's hard to get an idea of scale when its taken at such a close range. Oh, I can't wait to see!!!!!!!

Enerchi- I don't think Mara posted any pics of her new necklace. Maybe she will chime in and post some :confused: Mara, come out, where ever you are!!!!! ;))

eta: PB, what do you think of DBTY vs solitaire pendant? I can't really make a decision! I love the DBTY, but I also have a short, thicker neck (I always need 18 in). I'm wondering what style would be more flattering?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ladies- I found a pic of Mara's necklace (only 1 though) :blackeye: It actually has blue diamonds @ 5 pts each, 14 diamonds, so .70tcw approx.

MARADBTY.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dani! I was just searching the SMTB site for any DBTY threads... kinda got lost in that fantasy land for a while! :)

Thanks for finding that photo of Mara's beautiful necklace - perfect length! She must be so pleased - I would be!! My stones are pears... maybe it would look weird... oh well, a fantasy for another day!

PintoBean - I want you up and healthy and out to IDJ tomorrow at 8am! photos posted by 810AM!!! We are counting on you! You have the masses hanging on, desperate for you to complete this mission for us... FI can't let us all down - that just wouldn't be proper cricket! :lol: :lol:

Good luck and enjoy the search!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1324146010|3083529 said:
eta: PB, what do you think of DBTY vs solitaire pendant? I can't really make a decision! I love the DBTY, but I also have a short, thicker neck (I always need 18 in). I'm wondering what style would be more flattering?

I actually had a 0.40-ish BGD H&A Super ideal cut solitaire pendant. I ended up trading it in with my martinis for a quadex to be set in a ring. I had the solitaire slip off the chain the first time I wore it, as I took it off, and it scared the be-jesus out of me! From then on, I only wore it on "special" occasions. I am naturally spastic and way too exhausted M-F, 9-5 (or more hours) to be careful with the solitaire pendant. I desperately wanted a necklace, though, and figured that a DBTY would be perfect for work and special occasions, and I'd never have to worry about any thing sliding off the clasp!

I think you should have BOTH! I have seen a post somewhere on Pricescope where someone put a solitaire pendant on a DBTY necklaces. :lickout: :devil: (enable enable enable!!!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1324143430|3083497 said:
BTW, this is the pic of the DBTY with 18 pointers that Luann sent me :love: :love: :love:

This is gorgeous!!!! Is this the handmade one, I assume? I'd love to hear price quotes on these, too.

Pintobean, the 16" standard ones sold by BG and WF have 7 stones. I think I would have a 16" made with 9 stones, although sna77 had one made for his wife with 15 stones. So I really don't think 5 would look very good on 18". I'd probably go with at least 9 since that would be a stone every 2 inches. I also debate the size of the stones. And really, budget would decide that for me, so I need to know the prices of the different size stones. Ideally I'd like maybe 15 pointers. Realistically, I might go for 10-12 pts.

Here's the link showing sna77's wife's 16" with 15 12 point diamonds.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post3073777.html#p3073777']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post3073777.html#p3073777[/URL]

dani13

Ideal_Rock
DS, Luann quoted me a little over 2K for the 18 pointers. I thought that was pretty good, considering..... :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1324157554|3083625 said:
DS, Luann quoted me a little over 2K for the 18 pointers. I thought that was pretty good, considering..... :naughty:

Yes, I agree. I assume 14 or 18k and F-G SI stones? And how many stones total is on that necklace?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think those specs are correct. And I believe she told me there are 10 stones, 1.8 tcw. :naughty:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1324146010|3083529 said:
YES!!! Now you're talking!!!! Please take neck pics of the DBTY- you may just help me pull the trigger on that one!! If you can take one a little further away, that would be wonderful!!! It's hard to get an idea of scale when its taken at such a close range. Oh, I can't wait to see!!!!!!!

Enerchi- I don't think Mara posted any pics of her new necklace. Maybe she will chime in and post some :confused: Mara, come out, where ever you are!!!!! ;))

Hi,
I have a single solitaire bezel attached to the chain and it moves all over my neck and is never centered (needs contant reajustment) so if I were to pick, I'd go for a dbty with many smaller stones rather than a necklace with one larger stone. Mine also flips, etc!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1324166290|3083698 said:
Yes, I think those specs are correct. And I believe she told me there are 10 stones, 1.8 tcw. :naughty:

Thanks! I really think I may need one of those!!! I think 10 stones would be great on a 16"! I have to deliberate over 18k wg vs. platinum, though. If anyone prices them in the near future, please ask the comparable price in platinum, if you think about it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is mine... its princess cut at 9 points I had BGD extended my bracelet into a necklace at 15'5" with a jump ring in at 14'5" I have a petite neck.. there are 8 diamonds. Also just wanted to add that my bezels do go all the way around the chain equally. I'm not sure if you wanted most of the bezels in the front of the chain or not? I requested mine all around equally so when it did turn around, there was always diamonds showing even if my clasp showed as well.

ETA: I also have a .30pt WF bezel solitaire necklace as well, I like both, but I don't worry about the dbty necklace if it spins and turns about.. my solitaire while I love the look I do notice that my clasp is frequently in the front

20111216_083236kitepcnecklace.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: pinto bean! :wavey:
Did you get to the store today? Are you feeling any better? If you took photos we'd love to see necklaces you tried on :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1324267960|3084342 said:
:wavey: pinto bean! :wavey:
Did you get to the store today? Are you feeling any better? If you took photos we'd love to see necklaces you tried on :bigsmile:

Hi Enerchi!!! :wavey:

I learned that the handmade bezels are finer, whereas the "elf-made" (which turned out to be bezels that are cast) have thicker bezels. The three DBTY I took pictures of are all elf-made/cast bezels. Yekutiel's mom had a DBTY with handmade bezel, and from across the counter, the bezels disappear and all you really notice are the bling-bling of diamomds, kinda like how delicate the milgrain bezel earrings from ID Jewelry are when you see them in person.

They were super busy this Sunday, so I didn't get much picture taking done. Plus, I got so distracted by all the good stuff that I would forget to harrass Fi for his iPhone! And, uh, ... I got derailed from DBTY necklaces...!!! BUT, to satiate Enerchi, Dani, and all you other patient Pricescopers, here are a couple pictures. I apologize for not taking more, but I was just having so much fun!!!

Here are 6.5 pointers to the left of 18 pointers
IMG_0201_0.jpg

Here are 6.5 pointers, 18 pointers, then 10 pointers. On the counter, the 6.5 and 10 looked close. However, on the neck, the 6.5 pointers were clearly smaller. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the 6.5 and 10 on my neck b/c the 6.5 pointers was on a 16" chain that wore like a choker on me, and I wanted it OFF!
IMG_0202.jpg

Here are 10 pointers and 18 pointers on my neck. The funny thing is that I was reluctant to try on the 18 pointers, thinking that they would A) be (hopefully) too big, and B) there would be a chance that I would fall in love! When I put the 18 pointers on, and looked in the mirror, they looked too big to me, but when I took the pic with the iPhone and looked at it, I went, OMG - PERFECT :shock:
IMG_0203_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics so far, Pintobean!!! :appl: Can't wait to see the neck shots of the 10 and 18 pointers!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And abou that DBTY derailment...

Fi and I arrived at ID Jewelry and I was greeted warmly by Jade and Yekutiel. Business was bustling. Jade amazingly remembers EVERYTHING! She asked how my mom likes her ring, her pendant, and what was really funny was how she KNOWS what I like! I'd ask about certain items in certain price ranges, and she would say, nope, you won't like this, and sure enough, when she showed the items to me, I would NOT like them, and we'd have a good laugh. As Jade led me towards the DBTY, something MAGICAL caught my eye and my heart skipped a beat!

The night before, I was thinking how I would totally rock a pendant if I could find one with a yellow diamond with a yellow bezel and a white diamond halo to match my "forever" e-ring. I even did a quick look at Diamonds by Lauren and Leibish's to no avail.

So, as I head towards the DBTY necklaces, I see THIS!!!
IMG_0204_0.jpg

IMG_0205_0.JPG

At first glance, I think it's three halo'd yellow diamonds. Jade corrects me - they are brown diamonds that look yellow b/c of the yellow bezel. It's three halos - a smaller one with two bigger ones dangling serially. The chain - OMG - the chain was 10-12 pointers that alternated whitei and champagne diamonds. My eyes played ping pong between the DBTY necklaces and the three halo wonders of the world. My eyeballs likey the yellow and white combo. It was fated! BUT out of budget. :blackeye: But that's ok - I only wanted ONE yellow-brown halo goody, so Jade gets me a quote for the bigger one and the smaller one, and the bigger one was SO in budget that I pulled the trigger. BTW, the pendant looked less brown in person than in the pictures. I verified this by looking at the pictures of me taken on the iPhone - I look tanner in iPhone pics. :sun:

HOWEVER, the pendant left me with extra cash. Soo... I mused aloud about DBTY earrings. Yekutiel's dad is going to make me DBTY earrings (similar to the BGD ones which are 1.18"), but I can't recall if they will be 1.5" - b/c Jade said a diamond ever 0.5", which would make the total distance 1"???

The pendant + earrings together were only 10% above budget. Fi was proud of my lame attempts at negotiating, and was probably just relieved that I was within 10% of the budget.

After all is said and done, I think I do want a DBTY necklace, but I would like it to be either ten 10 pointers so that I can wear a pendant in the center as an option up to 15 pointers. Who knows - I'm supposed to be a dieting bride, and maybe as my neck shrinks down, the DSS will get in check??? :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be a perfect pendant for you!!! :appl: Can't wait to see it! I also like the idea of the even number of stones on a DBY in case one wants to wear a pendant on it. Your neck shot didn't post above, though...it was another shot of the triple pendant!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1324347850|3085000 said:
That will be a perfect pendant for you!!! :appl: Can't wait to see it! I also like the idea of the even number of stones on a DBY in case one wants to wear a pendant on it. Your neck shot didn't post above, though...it was another shot of the triple pendant!

ICP is so weird - it shows the neck shot, but when I click on it, it flips to the pendant. I re-uploaded and edited the post. Thanks for your patience and for the heads up!!! :praise:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
O
M
G
!!!!

Pinto Bean, you just lived my fantasy day!!!
:lickout: :appl: :love:

WOW!!!
So, first - congratulations on your TOTAL SCORE of diamonds diamonds DIAMONDS!!! Oh MY G*D!!! AWESOME! :appl: :appl:

And second ---- so jealous that you can pop in to IDJ and just 'do' this kind of thing. Man, living remote like I do, is such a heart breaker...
But please send as many photos as your camera can hold - love living vicariously!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! And that IS a bummer! I think the 10 pointers are too small!!! ;(

I think I might price 15 pointers in the handmade settings someday.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1324350844|3085048 said:
O
M
G
!!!!

Pinto Bean, you just lived my fantasy day!!!
:lickout: :appl: :love:

WOW!!!
So, first - congratulations on your TOTAL SCORE of diamonds diamonds DIAMONDS!!! Oh MY G*D!!! AWESOME! :appl: :appl:

And second ---- so jealous that you can pop in to IDJ and just 'do' this kind of thing. Man, living remote like I do, is such a heart breaker...
But please send as many photos as your camera can hold - love living vicariously!

Sorry Enerchi - that's all my photos :blackeye: . However, when the goodies come home with me, I promise to take pics of them!

How's this Enerchi - the next time I'm able to make it into the city, I'll start a topic paging you, and I'll try on bling for you and take pics! It will be a mutually beneficial relationship - I get to play with bling while sating your curiosity about real life perspective! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results