color
clarity

Anyone ever get a DBTY necklace from ID Jewelry

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1324351197|3085056 said:
Thank you!!! And that IS a bummer! I think the 10 pointers are too small!!! ;(

I think I might price 15 pointers in the handmade settings someday.

You got my wheels turning - ID Jewelry has a great upgrade policy, and since the DBTY necklaces are standard fare for them, I bet those are upgradeable. I think my plan of action is to confirm the upgrade policy, save up for the 10 pointers then pull the trigger, save up for the 15 pointers while praying for a downturn in diamond prices, and eventually upgrade!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PB --- :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
I think I love you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, forgot to ask (if it is appropriate...) what was the pricing range for the 10 and 15 pointers for a DBTY necklace in the size you are looking at? I'm thinking perhaps we may have a similar neck size (for me... 16" is too snug - 18" / 20" is about where I'd want this to fall)

This is sliding higher and higher up my 'when I win the lottery' wish list. (and that SHOULD be this friday, if all goes per plan and my numbers are the right ones...) but if the lottery doesn't come thru, I'm wondering how much "real" money I'll need to set aside! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1324353017|3085095 said:
diamondseeker2006|1324351197|3085056 said:
Thank you!!! And that IS a bummer! I think the 10 pointers are too small!!! ;(

I think I might price 15 pointers in the handmade settings someday.

You got my wheels turning - ID Jewelry has a great upgrade policy, and since the DBTY necklaces are standard fare for them, I bet those are upgradeable. I think my plan of action is to confirm the upgrade policy, save up for the 10 pointers then pull the trigger, save up for the 15 pointers while praying for a downturn in diamond prices, and eventually upgrade!

That could be a good strategy if they'd do that! I'll join in hoping to see diamond prices decline!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PB ---- when do you get your diamond/halo/DBTY necklace combo with the earrings? Are these a Christmas gift? NYE?

I'm hanging on a thread here, remember? Living rural and all that ... !! lol!

I am comparing prices on a little trinket between a few vendors and for the very same stock item (code numbers/manufacture website), with the same diamond pedigree, IDJ are the best for pricing. Were you able to negotiate a lesser cost than what was originally quoted? you mentioned your FI was impressed with your attempts...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, PB...you're so awesome!!! Thank you so much for doing this!!! I LOVE that pendant that you chose, and can't wait to see the neckshots!!!

I absolutely love the DBTY with the 18 pointers (is that what you thought was the perfect size)? I think that would be the best size for me (although I would need 18", since I don't have such a petite neck :blackeye: I really have to get into IDJ after the holidays- just waiting to be a little less busy so I can get there and try some things on :naughty: Thanks again for doing the research though- what an exciting day!!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! It was my pleasure! :wavey:

Hey Enerchi - for the price, I'd give them a call, or e-mail. They are very responsive. With pricing in such flux, I'd feel bad if someone saw this thread 2 months from now, saw a price, and had it influence their decision. (If we had PM - I'd totally message you :nono: ). My pendant and earrings are for Christmas, birthday, and Valentine's Day. I was REALLY having a hankering for bling, so I asked Fi if he was open to doing one big present instead of a bunch of little stuff, and he was happy to have everything done in one shot. :appl:

I was able to negotiate a little because I was buying 2 pieces, and paying in cash. I am not a very good negotiator - my mom is used to haggling, and she'll play hardball. She scared me a little when I took her to ID Jewelry last year. We went to look at uncerted 3 stone rings for her - u know, just enough bling for the supermarket and mall shopping :rolleyes: (Fi would love that :devil: - "Honey! I have work bling, party bling, but I don't have supermarket bling - wah!" :-o ). Before I knew it, she had
1. a 3 stone ring,
2. they were popping her old 0.58 diamond that she had given us for our e-ring #1 out of MY e-ring (e-ring #1= we bought the setting and used mom's stone while we saved for the lemon (yellow, not jalopy) cushion)) and setting said diamond in a halo pendant, and
3. I guess she felt bad or something, or was maybe on a bling junky high (her first in-store bling experience), she got me an EX, EX, VG-cut 0.78 H SI-1 (the largest diamond that would fit in the e-ring #1 setting) to fill in the sad, lonely e-ring setting.

And as this is all happening rapid fire - she's haggling, haggling, haggling, and it's NUTS!

For me, time is money, and I don't push too hard. And I have no poker face around bling - i just drool, pant, bug my eyes...so vendors would probably laugh if I tried to "walk away" as a negotiating tactic.

(And just so no one thinks I'm taking advantage of mommy, a month later, I went back to ID Jewelry to gift my mom 1.5 ctw huggies with ten 15 pointers as a thank you for the "upgraded" diamond in e-ring #1.)

I'd like to put together a thread one day of mom's goodies. Her pendant is her favorite b/c of the significance of it housing her first engagement ring diamond. The halo is GORGEOUS!

Dani - I think you will be very happy with 18 pointers!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1324516644|3086486 said:
OMG, PB...you're so awesome!!! Thank you so much for doing this!!! I LOVE that pendant that you chose, and can't wait to see the neckshots!!!

I absolutely love the DBTY with the 18 pointers (is that what you thought was the perfect size)? I think that would be the best size for me (although I would need 18", since I don't have such a petite neck :blackeye: I really have to get into IDJ after the holidays- just waiting to be a little less busy so I can get there and try some things on :naughty: Thanks again for doing the research though- what an exciting day!!! :appl:

If and when I save enough for the DBTY necklace, I think that I will go for an 18" necklace with a jump ring to make it 17". The 16" was an awful choker, but the two additional inches were a big difference. 18" would be better for the lower necklines, while with higher necklines I would use the jump ring for 17". Just something to consider when you try the DBTYs on.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PB!!! Yep, Luann had suggested that when we talked about it. Thank you so much again!!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results