shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever been to bidz.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
A coworker was telling me about a site on which she won a diamond and sapphire ring, so I went there to take a look. Oh My Goodness!!! The crap that they are trying to pass off as quality jewelery! And the color and clarity descriptions are hilarious... For a fun piece of jewelery, maybe... But anyone who is expecting to find a "great" piece of jewelery for a "great" price... You get what you pay for!!
Example of crap
33.gif
32.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, their stuff is terrible. Also, a lot of times they describe something as a diamond, and only further down reveal that it is a CZ.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The only time I browse bidz is when I am looking for a setting - I''d pop out that frozen spit they try to pass off as diamonds in a heartbeat!

And then maybe I would send the diamond to that place on ebay that turns it into a colored diamond for you since the inclusions will be better hidden....Lol!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 6:38:10 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
The only time I browse bidz is when I am looking for a setting - I''d pop out that frozen spit they try to pass off as diamonds in a heartbeat!

And then maybe I would send the diamond to that place on ebay that turns it into a colored diamond for you since the inclusions will be better hidden....Lol!

Exactly... I saw a few things that wouldn''t be so bad if there wasn''t a huge chunk of rock salt stuck in it!!
32.gif

disney777

Rough_Rock
I used to get some great deals on bidz, but the last few years the stuff has been pretty "junky". I never bid a lot of money, and it''s all just "play" jewelry. That was before I found PS. Now I save up for the good stuff, so I don''t want to waste my money on cheaper jewelry. I feel I got some great deals in the beginning, though. I got gemstone rings for under $10. And I think the shipping was cheaper a few years back.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 12:55:18 AM
Author: disney777
I used to get some great deals on bidz, but the last few years the stuff has been pretty ''junky''. I never bid a lot of money, and it''s all just ''play'' jewelry. That was before I found PS. Now I save up for the good stuff, so I don''t want to waste my money on cheaper jewelry. I feel I got some great deals in the beginning, though. I got gemstone rings for under $10. And I think the shipping was cheaper a few years back.

I definitely saw some cheap "fun" stuff that I wouldn''t mind paying a few bucks for. My friend''s ring is pretty, but you really have to search through a lot of junk!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results