shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else''s pets likes their bling??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Fi and I recently got another cat. His name is Mako, and he has a habit of affectionately gnawing on toes, limbs and other things! Anyway, shortly after we got him, I realised he just adored my diamond jewelllery! The only two pieces I always wear are my tennis bracelet and ering. I would wake up to find him absently biting my bracelet or sucking on my solitaire! I am so worried that the diamond will pop out of my ering and I will have to spend an anxious day hovering next to his litterbox waiting for the diamond to come out the other end!

I do think it''s cute that he appears to have inherited my affection for diamonds, though
1.gif

Does anyone else have pets who love their sparklies?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Dylan used to try to bite my ring, and I made sure to teach him that was off-limits really quickly. Not only do I not want anything to happen to it, but I don''t want to have to monitor what comes out of the other end!

He''s gotten more and more adventurous with getting on things lately (I caught him on the dining room table earlier tonight
38.gif
) and I''m having to rethink some habits. I take my ring off a lot around the house -- like when I''m cooking or cleaning or in the shower -- and I don''t want him to grab it and swallow it! My ring box is all gnarled up as it is, from when I left it too close to the edge of the dresser and he snatched it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Cockateil Khackie loves all things sparkley. She tries to nibble on my diamond studs, and my DBTY type necklace. She hasn't done any damage yet. But have to be careful. I really should play with her with no jewelry on, but often forget. I don't wear my rings in the house, so they aren't a problem. If I buy her a new toy that has a golden chain attached to it, that sucker is ruined fast.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was just me! My dog has a habit of chewing on things that shine. He removes beads and sequins from clothes and he''s chewed up several dangly earrings (cheapy ones though, thank goodness). I thought it was really weird. He doesn''t swallow them, I find the bits and pieces in random places on the carpet in a huge puddle of drool. When I finally get my ering I''ll have to keep it away from him. He''s like a little rodent sometimes.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My dog isn''t partial to sparklies, but she loves my scarves. She''ll nudge at it when I take it off and if I wrap it around her, she''ll go around with it on till it eventually falls off, but she doesn''t try to take it off.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OH, but she does have a thing for chewing chapsticks and lipglosses. I have come home a few times to find my nice MAC lipglass chewed to bits...one took me a while to figure out what it was b/c she''d chewed it up so much it was unrecognizable.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
My hounds aren''t so into the bling itself...but they can chase the prism-y things that the bling throws off all over the house and the car.

They are quite silly.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My cat isn''t interested in jewelry at all. But DH''s late parakeet used to love to nibble on jewelry. He could stand on my shoulder all day long trying to nibble on my earrings lol
3.gif
I used to have to cover my ears or quickly take my earrings out if I was going to play with him
2.gif
And of course, anytime he was on my hands, he would nibble on my rings constantly
1.gif
Sure do miss that bird!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well its not my pet that likes my rings--its my 6 month old son. he keeps trying to pick it off my finger or eat it...lol

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not just my cats then
1.gif
When we first got our first cat, she used to bat my navel ring, and it would really hurt
8.gif
I''m glad she''s grown up a bit and has stopped doing that.

Sweetpea, our cats love the taste/smell of my body lotion and lip balms too. I wonder if there''s an ingredient in there that drives them nuts. Mika will sometimes lick my arm after I''ve put on body lotion. It''s very strange!

Blenheim, pets always seem to know exactly where they''re not meant to be, and how to get there. Dylan''s a beautiful dog!

Kaleigh, that''s so cute. Maybe Khackie''s hinting that she wants some bling for herself
31.gif

Goldenstar, yikes, but if it makes you feel better, I think it would be a lot harder to pull apart an ering!

littleysser, our cats chase the dvd screen saver around the tv screen. They''re very silly too
1.gif

Rascal, what happened to the parakeet?

NYCsparkle, that is a very yummy looking ring. No wonder your son keeps trying to eat it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 9:24:03 PM
Author: wolftress

Rascal, what happened to the parakeet?
He became sick and never fully recovered. He was off and on anitbotics for about six months. Then he started to lose the ability to use one of his legs and pretty soon that whole leg as paralyzed. The vet found no trauma to the leg, so we think he had a brain tumor. He still had a good quality of life even with only one leg working, but he suddenly passed away about a week later. Poor guy, he sure was loved!
17.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are there any pics of Mako?
emcat.gif
We love to see them around here! My cat Chloe loves anything shiny, but mostly goes for tinsel and any sort of shiny metallic colored ribbon. Much to her detriment actually...since she tries to eat them and ends up throwing them back up.
20.gif
I have to keep gifts far out of reach after they are wrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results