shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else think jeans are uncomfortable? Or am I a weirdo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not fan of jeans. I used to get rashes around my knees where the rough material would rub against my skin. I have very sensitive skin. I have managed to find a few pairs that don''t chafe but not many. In general, I just find them uncomfortable.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I find suit pants more comfortable than jeans for the softness of the material.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 9:27:20 AM
Author: princesss
When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don''t fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it''s not the cheap vs. expensive material that''s your problem. Maybe they just don''t fit your body the way they''re supposed to.
+1

I remember when I was about 12 is when I started wearing jeans, and when I first put them on, it felt a little weird, stiff and just uncomfortable, later one found the right fit for me

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I agree that fit matters, but I still prefer most other bottoms to jeans. By wear 2 or 3 most of my jeans feel as good as my other pants do on wear one, but they are much less comfortable initially.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. You are a weirdo!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re a weirdo, then my husband is too! He hates wearing jeans. I love them, but it all depends on the fit.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t find them uncomfortable, but I definitely like coming home and changing into shorts or pajama pants

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I find them very uncomfortable to wear, but that may be because I have issues finding jeans in my budget that fit correctly. Almost all of them are big in the waist in order to fit on my hips, so the waist falls down. I HATE wearing a belt, but I pretty much have to with all my jeans.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine -- I know exactly what you mean, and it''s annoying, isn''t it? I''m a shortie and plus size, so nothing ever fits right. I think half of my wardrobe budget is spent on just getting things hemmed, taken up, in, let out, etc. Sigh. I can''t even tell you what size I wear because by the time my clothes are tailored, they''ve been altered so much. I refer to them as "Zoe sized."
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love my jeans.
9.gif

Of course, pajama bottoms and a big fluffy robe are definitely more comfy.
41.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 7:41:21 PM
Author: Sabine
I find them very uncomfortable to wear, but that may be because I have issues finding jeans in my budget that fit correctly. Almost all of them are big in the waist in order to fit on my hips, so the waist falls down. I HATE wearing a belt, but I pretty much have to with all my jeans.

Hey Sabine, this is actually a very common fit problem for women. The best pair of jeans for this problem is probably the Joe''s Honey. Joe''s tend to stretch a lot, though, so it''s best to buy them a bit snug if you decide to buy a pair. Most retailers are catching on to this issue now and stores like Gap and Old Navy now carry curvy fits. Hope this helps!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 8:11:30 PM
Author: thing2of2

Hey Sabine, this is actually a very common fit problem for women. The best pair of jeans for this problem is probably the Joe''s Honey. Joe''s tend to stretch a lot, though, so it''s best to buy them a bit snug if you decide to buy a pair. Most retailers are catching on to this issue now and stores like Gap and Old Navy now carry curvy fits. Hope this helps!

I second that!

I am pear shaped and Joe''s Jeans in Honey fit me perfectly. I hardly ever want to take them off.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Hated them as a kid, LOVE them now. I especially like the low-rise ones now, because the waists always gaped on me too to fit my hips. Hate skinny jeans though, even though I''m thin. Anything tight on my legs or riding up my butt is not my thing. I''m sure my jeans could be tighter and better-looking, but I wouldn''t like them as much.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:55:09 AM
Author: gemgirl
Date: 10/26/2009 9:34:30 AM

Author: Gleam

Date: 10/26/2009 9:27:20 AM

Author: princesss

When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don''t fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it''s not the cheap vs. expensive material that''s your problem. Maybe they just don''t fit your body the way they''re supposed to.

I don''t know... I own about 10 pairs of jeans, of varying styles. I tend to wear whatever style looks best on me (generally skinny jeans or tighter boot cuts) so I guess I''m not dressing for comfort when I wear jeans anyway. That''s probably a big part of the problem, you''re right! I wish I looked good in looser jeans! I tend to just kind of get lost in them and it doesn''t help that I''m only 5''2''.

When I want to bum around the house, I do so in yoga pants usually. They''re just more stretchy and soft to me.

It might be because you wear varying styles. I just went jeans shopping and I know for myself, I first find a style or two that fits the shape of my body. Then I have to try on as many as eight or ten pair of one style to find a pair that fits me perfectly. About four trips to the stores and trying on at least forty pair got me four pair that fit me really well. Maybe you should stick to a style that curves where you curve.

My gripe this season is that regular lengths are now at least two inches longer than they used to be. All of my new jeans have to go to the tailor to be taken up
29.gif
. What a PITA! I can''t bring them home and just wear them.

lol! I face that problem with every pair of jeans I buy - I''m short, so I have to have all my jeans and pants hemmed up before wearing them.

I tend to wear a ton of boot-cuts since they''re comfy and I have short legs (skinny jeans do NOT make me look skinny - what a misnomer
29.gif
). I''ve been buying more skinny jeans lately though since i want to wear them with knee-high boots

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I love my jeans! And I buy fairly expensive jeans, too. I wear them form-fitting, but not tight. I don''t have the body for tight jeans. (And doctors have hypothesized that wear tight/skinny jeans too frequently is bad for your health, anyhow - although I''m not sure how much I believe it).

I''m 5''9" but my height is in my torso rather than my legs. It''s hard for me to wear very low-rise jeans because my rise is longer than most people''s. Also, I need most of my jeans shortened in spite of my height.

There are a few places that make custom jeans to your exact measurements, so maybe that''s an option - especially since you don''t mind spending money on them. I believe Earnest Sewn has a custom service in NY, but I don''t know about elsewhere...

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you ladies seen/heard of the Yoga jeans by Second denim Co? I saw them in the mall but didn''t have the time to try a pair on...looks like they could very well be the holy grail of comfy jeans. I just wonder if they are so thin that some lumps and bumps might be visible through the denim?
23.gif

Linky

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:04:02 AM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 10/26/2009 9:56:48 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 10/26/2009 9:55:09 AM
Author: gemgirl
It might be because you wear varying styles. I just went jeans shopping and I know for myself, I first find a style or two that fits the shape of my body. Then I have to try on as many as eight or ten pair of one style to find a pair that fits me perfectly. About four trips to the stores and trying on at least forty pair got me four pair that fit me really well. Maybe you should stick to a style that curves where you curve.
My gripe this season is that regular lengths are now at least two inches longer than they used to be. All of my new jeans have to go to the tailor to be taken up
29.gif
. What a PITA! I can''t bring them home and just wear them.
Thank goodness! At 5''10'' it can be very hard to find jeans that aren''t floods!
2.gif
Ditto! I threw a party when they finally came out with 36'' inseam jeans!
1.gif
Me too! I wear a 36" inseam with flats, and I need longer for heels. Regular length jeans look ridiculous on me, I love that many of the "designer" jeans are super long. I snag them up when they go on clearance at Loehmann''s.

I really love wearing jeans, I think they''re really comfy when I find a pair that fits me right. I''d wear jeans all the time if I could.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of jeans. Or pants in general. 99% of the time I wear skirts or dresses. it''s partly that yes, I find jeans uncomfortable, but also that i think pants don''t look great on me either. My waist/torso is super ridiculously short. i mean, I''m short in general, yes- but regular fit jeans or pants will almost touch my bra underwire. i loved it when lo-rise pants came into fashion, because on me, they aren''t lo-rise... just a proper fit!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m dealing (unhappily) with having to have my jeans taken up by a tailor, but I won''t wear any jeans that don''t fit me around the waist. That just drives me bug nuts. This year I found a style called the "Curvy Flare" at the Gap that fit me around the waist. (They have 1% lycra in them, just enough to help them spring back in shape). I used to tuck my turtleneck or white cotton shirt into my jeans and wore a belt all the time. Post menopause? I''m not so much into tucking things into my pants anymore, and no belts. Try the Curvy Flares. They might fit you too. They''re $80.- at the Gap and $40.- at the Gap Outlet. Same jean.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like jeans at all - I don't have any. But I do love to see how some men fill out their jeans
2.gif
3.gif
11.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:37:39 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

lol! I face that problem with every pair of jeans I buy - I''m short, so I have to have all my jeans and pants hemmed up before wearing them.

I tend to wear a ton of boot-cuts since they''re comfy and I have short legs (skinny jeans do NOT make me look skinny - what a misnomer
29.gif
). I''ve been buying more skinny jeans lately though since i want to wear them with knee-high boots
For some reason, skinny jeans make me feel like I''m 12. If I wore them with boots, surely they''d look better. . .I''ve been hunting down boots (as I don''t have any tall ones), but then would have to get skinny jeans too (and designer ''to boot'') so then I''m looking at min. $300 and I''ve spent SO MUCH on clothes lately, that it''s time to taper back. (at some point my husband will become suspicious of how much I''m spending!
2.gif
)

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 1:50:18 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I don''t like jeans at all - I don''t have any. But I do love to see how some men fill out their jeans
2.gif
3.gif
11.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
31.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 3:25:35 PM
Author: MC

Date: 10/26/2009 9:37:39 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

29.gif
For some reason, skinny jeans make me feel like I''m 12. If I wore them with boots, surely they''d look better. . .I''ve been hunting down boots (as I don''t have any tall ones), but then would have to get skinny jeans too (and designer ''to boot'') so then I''m looking at min. $300 and I''ve spent SO MUCH on clothes lately, that it''s time to taper back. (at some point my husband will become suspicious of how much I''m spending!
2.gif
)
I''m thin and I''m not buying any straight leg, skinny, ankle gripping jeans. Been there, wore that ten and fifteen years ago. Flares and boot cuts look so much nicer.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I live in my jeans!! Love them! You have to find the right shape and fit though.

I am the go-to-personal shopper when my friends want new jeans.

elisekelly

Rough_Rock
I am with you!! I hate wearing jeans as well, they feel scratchy and itchy against my skin. I like yoga pants too, especially the ones from So Low (solowstyle.com). I think I only own like 4 pairs of jeans right now and only wear them on special occasions. Haha. You''re definitely not alone though!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
When I am out of my house, I pretty much live in jeans. But the second I get home I change to sweats or even sometimes my robe. I really don''t think jeans are the most comfortable item of clothing. As far as jeans go though, I love my Joe''s!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I think yoga pants are MUCH more comfortable, but I recently found a pair of jeans that were also surprisingly really comfortable. I always HATED jeans because they never fit right and always would start falling down and I hated wearing belts with them. I only wore jeans when I had nothing else to wear. Now I love wearing my jeans because I finally found ones that fit right!

But nothing is more comfortable than coming home at the end of the day and changing into pajama pants or yoga pants...
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results