shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else think jeans are uncomfortable? Or am I a weirdo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I know denim is hailed as the classic laid-back wardrobe item, but do people really find jeans comfortable? I tend to wear expensive designer jeans so it''s not a matter of cheap fabric or anything -- but I still find them ALL so uncomfortable compared to say, sweatpants (possibly an unfair comparison but there you have it).

Whenever I get home, I can''t WAIT to take my jeans off.

Does anyone feel the same?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I love jeans actually .. I could probably wear them 24/7 and I wouldn''t get tired of them.

Maybe it''s the fit of the jeans you''re wearing?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night I wore a pair of jeans that were uncomfortable on me because they are the only pair I own that don''t have that 1% or 2% lycra in them. I never realized how really comfortable that little bit of lycra makes denim.
Those jeans are going to the very back of my closet.

I think if your jeans are uncomfortable, it has to be either an incorrect cut for your body shape or denim without lycra. My regular jeans are pretty comfy although let''s face it, nothing feels as comfy as a pair of stretch cotton yoga pants or pajama bottoms.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don't fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it's not the cheap vs. expensive material that's your problem. Maybe they just don't fit your body the way they're supposed to.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:27:20 AM
Author: princesss
When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don't fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it's not the cheap vs. expensive material that's your problem. Maybe they just don't fit your body the way they're supposed to.

I don't know... I own about 10 pairs of jeans, of varying styles. I tend to wear whatever style looks best on me (generally skinny jeans or tighter boot cuts) so I guess I'm not dressing for comfort when I wear jeans anyway. That's probably a big part of the problem, you're right! I wish I looked good in looser jeans! I tend to just kind of get lost in them and it doesn't help that I'm only 5'2".

When I want to bum around the house, I do so in yoga pants usually. They're just more stretchy and soft to me.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I hate jeans. The material is heavy and hot. I never, ever wear jeans at home.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
In comparison I think that jeans are uncomfortable. I wear dress pants to work and they are more comfortable than jeans. Of course any kind of cotton pants are more comfortable too. I only wear them when I am out shopping or something like that. I do agree that the looser they are the more comfortable they are. Unless they are so loose that you have to constantly pull at them to keep them up.

It is funny that you bring it up. My husband was complaining that he did not like jeans anymore and the first thing that I thought of was that he was going to buy all fabric pants like Kramer on Seinfeld.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just telling DH how comfy my Joe''s Jeans are, and that I''m sorry, but I can only buy those for the rest of eternity!
9.gif

Jeans are super comfy, but I do love coming home, taking them off, and throwing on some yoga pants/sweats. NOTHING beats a great pair of comfy cotton yoga pants. However, my jeans do come in at a close second!

My problem with pants in general (jeans, work pants) is that I hate anything tight on my waist. I always end up buying pants a size too big so that they''re big on my waist. That helps a LOT. I know a lot of women like to squeeze in to the smallest size possible that fits them, but I like my jeans loose in the waist. Luckily Im pear shaped so I can still fill out the booty part.
3.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 9:34:30 AM
Author: Gleam

I don't know... I own about 10 pairs of jeans, of varying styles. I tend to wear whatever style looks best on me (generally skinny jeans or tighter boot cuts) so I guess I'm not dressing for comfort when I wear jeans anyway. That's probably a big part of the problem, you're right! I wish I looked good in looser jeans! I tend to just kind of get lost in them and it doesn't help that I'm only 5'2'.

When I want to bum around the house, I do so in yoga pants usually. They're just more stretchy and soft to me.
It might be because you wear varying styles. I just went jeans shopping and I know for myself, I first find a style or two that fits the shape of my body. Then I have to try on as many as eight or ten pair of one style to find a pair that fits me perfectly. About four trips to the stores and trying on at least forty pair got me four pair that fit me really well. Maybe you should stick to a style that curves where you curve.

My gripe this season is that regular lengths are now at least two inches longer than they used to be. All of my new jeans have to go to the tailor to be taken up
29.gif
. What a PITA! I can't bring them home and just wear them.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:55:09 AM
Author: gemgirl

When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don''t fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it''s not the cheap vs. expensive material that''s your problem. Maybe they just don''t fit your body the way they''re supposed to.

I don''t know... I own about 10 pairs of jeans, of varying styles. I tend to wear whatever style looks best on me (generally skinny jeans or tighter boot cuts) so I guess I''m not dressing for comfort when I wear jeans anyway. That''s probably a big part of the problem, you''re right! I wish I looked good in looser jeans! I tend to just kind of get lost in them and it doesn''t help that I''m only 5''2''.

When I want to bum around the house, I do so in yoga pants usually. They''re just more stretchy and soft to me.
It might be because you wear varying styles. I just went jeans shopping and I know for myself, I first find a style or two that fits the shape of my body. Then I have to try on as many as eight or ten pair of one style to find a pair that fits me perfectly. About four trips to the stores and trying on at least forty pair got me four pair that fit me really well. Maybe you should stick to a style that curves where you curve.

My gripe this season is that regular lengths are now at least two inches longer than they used to be. All of my new jeans have to go to the tailor to be taken up
29.gif
. What a PITA! I can''t bring them home and just wear them.
Thank goodness! At 5''10" it can be very hard to find jeans that aren''t floods!
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:56:48 AM
Author: elledizzy5

29.gif
Thank goodness! At 5''10'' it can be very hard to find jeans that aren''t floods!
2.gif
Ditto! I threw a party when they finally came out with 36" inseam jeans!
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

When they fit properly, I find jeans incredibly comfortable. When they don''t fit just right, they get really annoying. Maybe it''s not the cheap vs. expensive material that''s your problem. Maybe they just don''t fit your body the way they''re supposed to.

I don''t know... I own about 10 pairs of jeans, of varying styles. I tend to wear whatever style looks best on me (generally skinny jeans or tighter boot cuts) so I guess I''m not dressing for comfort when I wear jeans anyway. That''s probably a big part of the problem, you''re right! I wish I looked good in looser jeans! I tend to just kind of get lost in them and it doesn''t help that I''m only 5''2''.

When I want to bum around the house, I do so in yoga pants usually. They''re just more stretchy and soft to me.

29.gif
Ditto! I bought some jeans recently and I think the inseam was 34 or 35 inches! I''m on the tall side of average (5''7) and yet they were SO long on me I had to get them fixed.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean because I live in skirts/skirt suits for work... so it's hard to go from that comfy skirt thing to that rough cotton jean. At home, I live in my Danskin yoga stretchy pants - very good for the butt!
31.gif
Jeans are NOT the most comfortable items of clothing I own, but when it's cold and rainy outside, they are great as a protective layer. They look so good and chic, it's hard not to wear them. But they are not soft and cuddly.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock

[/i]

Yeah, I ALWAYS have to hem mine, too. Paige makes some great petite denim but they''re hard to find in stores.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Depends on what level of comfort.
For every day, out of the house wear, I love them - nothing fits better.
36.gif

For lounging at home, no - that's where the strechies or pajama pants come in.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto princesss-jeans should be comfortable if they fit correctly. Maybe you''re buying them too small. It''s good to get them a little too small because they typically will stretch out, but you may be going too small.

I used to buy for a premium denim boutique so I know way too much about denim. Let me know if you have any questions about fits, etc.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love jeans. I wear them pretty much always. Perhaps it is fit? Or even brand? I love Wranglers stretch fit denim, and I love 20 X. I''ve also found Arizona to be comfortable. I''m going to be trying new brands this year as well to see what I can find so I''ll let you know if I find any that are super comfy.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else noticed that denim has gotten very thin and light weight over the last couple of years? They don''t look as good as medium weight denim does.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gem - I have noticed it, but I also think it depends on the jean. I find some medium weights to be more coarse, and less flexible. Again, I think it depends on the jean. Wranglers are still heavier, and tend to wear really nicely as a heavy jean, as do 20 x. They are durable, but still flexible and I like that. I ride horses, so a sturdy jean is important to me. At the same time, I''ve tried some on and felt like I couldn''t move comfortably. I do have some lighter weight jeans too that have lasted for FOREVER, and they are so comfortable and easy for me to move around in.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I used to tolerate jeans more when I lived in the northeast but ever since I moved to Texas, wearing jeans is insufferable (especially in the summer!). I mostly live in skirts and jersey dresses (love Ella Moss and Rachel Pally knits), which is basically like wearing sweatpants every day! In the winter, I throw on a pair of thicker leggings or tights with boots and I am set. All of my jeans are designer so I do feel like they fit well and are flattering, but skinny jeans on a 100+ degree day is just not happening for me
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 8:09:52 AM
Author:Gleam
I know denim is hailed as the classic laid-back wardrobe item, but do people really find jeans comfortable? I tend to wear expensive designer jeans so it's not a matter of cheap fabric or anything -- but I still find them ALL so uncomfortable compared to say, sweatpants (possibly an unfair comparison but there you have it).

Whenever I get home, I can't WAIT to take my jeans off.

Does anyone feel the same?
Mine are all designer and some feel comfy and some don't. Even though sweats feel great, they make me feel frumpy. Also, I like to be dressed nicely when my DH comes home from work. About once a week, I put on PJ pants around 7 pm, however, mostly I wear jeans until it's bed time.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:09:05 AM

[/i]

Yeah, I ALWAYS have to hem mine, too. Paige makes some great petite denim but they''re hard to find in stores.
Joe''s has petite length as well. I''m 5'' 4", so the length is such that the jeans look great with flats. I don''t mind having my other jeans for heeled shows hemmed b/c they''re then guaranteed to be the correct length.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how I hate jeans. Do not wear anymore. They are so uncomfortable that they make me grouchy & give me back knots. Not worth it. I wish I could wear them, though. Oh well.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m ok with jeans. I have one pair that I''ve owned forever and they feel awesome! I dread the day they have to go but so far so good! I just recently bought jeans that fit and I''m excited about them. I bought 2 of the same style just different washes...one in light blue and the other dark blue and I''m done with jeans shopping for another 2 years or so. I guess you can say I wear my jeans til they go ragged and I try to stock up on the ones I really like. But normally, I have a hard time jean shopping so I just try to go back to my old skinnier jeans if I need to or go up to my baggier jeans depending on my weight at the time. But of course, I love yoga pants!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I love jeans! I tried to convince my DH 20 years ago that we should wear jeans to our wedding ceremony. The secret is to wear them as much as possible so they form to your body and become increasingly more comfortable. I hate the break in period, but love the obvious results.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Jeans are the most comfortable things I own! I love them and I''d swim in them if they didn''t stick to me! DH asks why I don''t change into my yoga pants or flannel pants, but I really don''t feel much of a difference.

My SIL doesn''t like jeans either. I ditto the fit issues.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
mmmm...i enjoy my jeans, and wear them whenever i leave the house for the most part- but i hate having to buy new ones. even if they aren''t stiff, i always feel like there is something wrong with them...probably because i buy cheap jeans. maybe i''ll splurge and get some nice, well-fit jeans.

when i get home, i put on those sweatpants! i LOVE sweats!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
i love jeans! I wear them pretty much everday. however, pjs are more comfy...and they should be because comfort trumps fashion when you''re sleeping, i think
20.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Jeans are a pain in the butt to get a good fit in. They are a bit uncomfortable for me (even with a good...well close fit...since I can''t find jeans that fit perfectly). I agree that yoga/sweat pants are most comfy but yes jeans look nicer (when they fit well).

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I like wearing jeans, but the ones I find most comfortable have a little bit of Lycra in them. When I wear the skinnies with Lycra, it feels just like thick leggings, which I find to be very comfy. I like PJ pants better when I''m lounging around the house, but I like to wear jeans when I leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results