shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else hate fireworks with a passion?

Do you hate or love fireworks or have no opinion either way.

• HATE fireworks. They're noisy and dangerous in the hands of most lay people.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • LOVE fireworks. C'mon where's your spirit and joy?

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Ahh, I don't really care. I have more important things on my mind. Just show me the results please.

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they are dangerous in the hands on non-professionals.
Exactly. I don't hate them but I don't think they should be allowed without a license. It's an explosive, a fire hazard, a cause of noise and smoke pollution, and a major limb hazard for the people who use any kind illegally. Makes no sense to me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just voted I don't really care either way. I grew up outside city limits on 60 acres of farmland, and believe me I have some fun stories of blowing shit up. There was never drinking involved. We were just pyromaniacs, apparently. We were on a large hill and watched the town fireworks displays from the front patio. Living in cities and towns, though...not a good environment for people to mess with the big stuff.

Haters, check this out: someone flew a drone into a pro fireworks show and it's pretty outstanding! Whomever filmed also set it to one of my all time favorite songs "Con te partiro." Enjoy!

http://time.com/2957348/fireworks-drone/

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cannot stand them, in any form and don't even like professional displays. The sound makes me irate, like nails on a chalkboard. I find them to be among the most selfish acts/items because you have no idea what your neighbor has been through and what that is bringing back for them--as in--what if they are a war vet that has to relive something horrible hearing those sounds? But by all means, think only of yourself and your enjoyment and screw everyone else! They're a selfish and stupid waste of money, and I don't feel any sympathy for someone who has an accident when doing them at home carelessly. In fact, every single pop I hear, I think "I hope that *******'s hand just blew off. They're illegal here, so you got what you deserved." So, I am a really major curmudgen about them and I feel zero shame about it. I tend to to think less of someone who buys them and shoots them off as well.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like firework shows but no longer go. I don't take my kids to them mostly bc I hate the crowds, the lines of cars to wait to get out of a parkinglot after the show (we would have to drive to see a half decent show) for 20 minutes of them. Not happening. We are in Canada and some people did set some off for a few days afterward locally-nothing major-but my son got to see a couple. He was complaining that he couldn't see them, then saw a couple and liked them but hated the loud noise.

They are dangerous. And most people likely are not using them properly. But you know, Darwin award and all. Stupid is as stupid does-be it fire works or some random house hold object people will figure out how to hurt themselves no matter what.

I think for people at cottages it would be a lot of fun to have a joint venture and invest in some to shoot off a dock for the family to enjoy as long as its done safely. I have friends who are trained in doing the professional shows and they really enjoy it but its a LOT Of work and a TON of money. They takes many many many hours to set up, then the clean up is awful too.

ETA: When you go to Niagara falls on weekends in the summer they set them off. That was pretty awesome.

Natalie222

Rough_Rock
I loved fireworks in my childhood! My now I don't feel the same way. I agree they are dangerous, but it s ok they are made by professionals on big holidays.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
more than two years latter and they arn't banned yet !
its been days since stupid guy faulks and still some idiots letting them off late at night setting off all the neighbourhod dogs
and i feel real sorry for the dogs and cats and probably a whole host of critters who are scared when woken from their sleep

M

Marriedbuteloped

I could not vote but want to make my strong dislike clear. I hate them. To me it's like burning money!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them! Thankfully my dogs couldn't care less so it's never bothered us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results