shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else Harry Potter-ing tonight?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I confess...I will be heading over to the local theater tonight, accompanied by the young girl I used to nanny and in costume ( :shock: ) for a special double feature event showing Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2.

In my defense, it's a cool event for kids and families with a costume contest, trivia games, ect. at the tiny local theater and the deal was if she dressed up I would too.

But I am still admitting my nerd status and reveling in the fandom and really looking forward to tonight! Anyone else going to stay up late and head to the theater?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm definitely watching it, but I've decided not to do so on the first day it's on. When Part 1 came out, I went on the first day. It was too crowded, people were loud during the movie, and the whole experience was ruined for me. I'm going to wait until the weekend's over and go to an afternoon showing in hopes of being able to watch the movie in peace.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I literally just logged on to see if anyone had posted this and wondered if I should. I LOVE Harry Potter and felt that it would be part of the excitement to go tonight. I'm sad, but excited! :)

This week my friends and I that are going watched all of the movies. Tonight, before we go see the last one, we're going to watch the 7th. I hope that doesn't mean horrible seats though!

I just finished re-reading all 7 today. :)

I made it a bigger thing for my friends than they would have. It certainly helped my sadness that my FI just left to go back to Algeria on Sunday, for 7 or 8 weeks!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my tickets for tomorrow afternoon a couple of days ago :appl: Imax 3-D tomorrow! Yay!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Probably tomorrow.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I went last night! I loved it! It's pretty fast paced for people who didn't read the books (surprisingly the movie is only 2 hours long), but I did and really liked how everything was executed.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
This week my local drive in is doing a Harry Potter double feature of the last two movies so I'm trying to convince DH to go with me. We'll see if he's up to staying up until 3am watching Harry Potter...I'm not getting my hopes up.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Mayerling: That's usually a good call; I made an exception last night so I could take the little girl I used to watch because I miss her dearly and wanted to let her have the whole 'experience'. It was a big success- the audience was full, but it's a small theater, everyone was enthusiastic, polite, lots of people were dressed up, so I think I would do it again with this local theater but skip the big box theater crowds.

Bleed Burnt Orange: Sorry to hear about your FI- best wishes for safe travel! We saw the double feature last night for Deathly Hallows, but I didn't re-read or watch this week. I've read the series probably 15 times so I don't feel the need to refresh my memory, although I do have a hankering now to re-read the 7th book so I can enjoy all the bits they can't fit in the movie :praise:. What did you think after seeing it last night?

Asscherhalo_lover: IMAX 3-D? Intense! I didn't see it in 3-D, it tends to make me a little dizzy and doesn't add anything to the experience for me, plus I hate wearing those glasses over my own glasses. Please let us know if you think it was well done, added to the experience, or was just plain cool. I am up for seeing it again :naughty: and would try it in 3-D if I heard it was worth it!

Anchor31: Go! Then come back and tell us what you think!

mscushion: I totally agree; there was an article in Slate where they actually sent two people who hadn't seen the movies or read the books and they said it was highly enjoyable but they only really got about 60% of what was going on. I think if you have been following the movies you'll catch everything. And by everything, I mean everything they have included in the screenplays; the books, in addition to more events, side storylines, and characters, is also so much richer in complexion, emotion, and detail. This is a nature of the two media, and I completely agree that the filmakers have done an excellent job of translating the material. However, having read the books, I can't imagine the experience of the films having such an impact without all the details, histories, and motivations I automatically fill in as I watch. That said, there were some truly beautiful moments of acting and film making that took my breath away.

Today I am exhausted, but happy I went. We were both finalists in the costume contest (she was Bellatrix and I was Luna!), but we lost out to the Hagrid on stilts :shock: - deservedly so! Hope everyone enjoys their Deathly Hallows experience as much as I have!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Turns out FH can't wait and wants to go tonight :rolleyes:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of my boys went - to separate locations! I must confess-I have never seen one.

The overnight waiting line in our local theatre was twice around the building!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw it today!

I'm studying in North Carolina, and a group of us started our Harry Potter Marathon last week. We watched #1 on Tuesday, #2 on Wednesday, #3 and #4 on Thursday, #5 and #6 yesterday, #7, Part 1 this morning, and then we went to the theatre to see the last one. I LOVED IT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results