shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone else get emotional with wedding stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve turned into the biggest sop ever. I was looking at a wedding programme and I had tears in my eyes when she was walking down the aisle. Does anyone else get like that or is it just me? It''s so unlike me-I''m not a crier! Do I have to look forward to another fifteen months of crying at anything wedding related?
3.gif
14.gif
Even if I listen to the demos of our gospel choir I start tearing up. AHHH
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten a little sappy. The other day we were in bed bath and beyond and they played our first dance song. We stood real close to each other, with my head on his shoulder and started to sway a bit in time with the music.

Otherwise, I''m feeling a bit like a frustrated bridezilla, so no.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww-that''s so nice about your first dance song. I haven''t gotten to the frustrating stage yet-I have a long time to go before then I think, but it has to be better than the soppy stage!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not overly sentimental generally though. I see it all as a challenge to be conquered so, that probably explains the lack of soppy.

As for the frustrated. I''m just... wanting someone in my life to be a little excited about the wedding. John''s stressed about new job things and $$, my mother et al. are worried about her impending surgery, and I am too... but well, none of my RL friends really cares at ALL about the wedding. My MOH is in her last year of grad school (PhD), interviewing for positions and finishing up her disertation. She can''t be bothered with her fiance measuring her for her dress, clicking on a link of my wedding ideas, or well... anything. My other close friend just had a baby, AND she started a new job, and another friend is depressed about the state of her non-existent love life and I don''t want to be all weddingy with her. Finally one of my other friends just thinks its all a waste of money and so forth, so she''s no fun. And I''m just feeling sorry for myself. I KNOW the NO ONE cares about this thing as much as I do, but I want just a little bit of excitement from someone. And there just hasn''t been any. SO like I said, bridezilla frustration. LOL. Poor me.
20.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bee! Yes, I''ve cried every time we talk about wedding stuff, see wedding stuff, think about wedding stuff, etc. But don''t use me as an example, because I''m usually a big softie!

Gypsy, I am also in the frustrated stage at the same time. I just want it all to be planned, paid for, and over with! I''m more excited about BEING married than GETTING married, if that makes sense! I''d love to elope, but FI says no. I''m sure someday I''ll be happy that he stuck to his guns (I guess I''m already kinda happy about it, just stressed out, mostly about money...) I''m so sorry to hear that everyone in your life has so many other things going on.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
OK, PS''ers, come to the rescue!! All of you who are so good with the dancing, pompom flying thingies, come to the rescue.

So sorry, I''m thingy impaired except for the few at the bottom of the post. Ah well, what the heck:
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

GYPSY''S GETTING MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!

(to be sung to "Get Me To The Church On Time!!!)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I do, especially when I start thinking about people who can''t be here since they passed away. Then I get sad then happy again because I remember it''s a happy occasion.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see how you'd be frustrated Gypsy. When I got engaged I thought my mother would be a bit more excited but she wasn't and it did frustrate me a bit and I had a bit of a self pity party but I'm over it now. I'm not normally emotional at all, I think that's why this is confusing me a bit. I hate the though of being emotional when I'm getting married-not sure why but it haunts me. I hope that things will calm down with everyone around you so that they can focus on your wedding-I know that we all know that our wedding is only important to us but it is nice when people show an interest in it.

nclrgirl-yay! Someone else that can sympathize!! Seriously I think I'm going mad. I told D and he laughed his head off as normally I'm quite strong and not a softy!

Sarah-I'm the exact same. I'm just so excited for it and I know it will be a happy day but I don't want to be a crier the whole lead up to the wedding!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:44:42 PM
Author: bee*
I can see how you''d be frustrated Gypsy. When I got engaged I thought my mother would be a bit more excited but she wasn''t and it did frustrate me a bit and I had a bit of a self pity party but I''m over it now. I''m not normally emotional at all, I think that''s why this is confusing me a bit. I hate the though of being emotional when I''m getting married-not sure why but it haunts me. I hope that things will calm down with everyone around you so that they can focus on your wedding-I know that we all know that our wedding is only important to us but it is nice when people show an interest in it.

nclrgirl-yay! Someone else that can sympathize!! Seriously I think I''m going mad. I told D and he laughed his head off as normally I''m quite strong and not a softy!

Sarah-I''m the exact same. I''m just so excited for it and I know it will be a happy day but I don''t want to be a crier the whole lead up to the wedding!

Me either!! Sigh. I am hoping I can get it out now? A lot of family feuds have resurfaced as well since we have to figure out who to invite.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We kind of had this happen to us too...some of the people/family we thought would be really excited didn''t even call us to say congratulations...actually, one of our relatives, I had to ask HER, "so, what do you think that we got engaged?" And this is someone I know loves us both to death. And with the wedding, same thing...some people are treating it like it''s a no big deal, every day thing...they don''t ask any questions, ask how anything''s going, nothing...all some people managed to say is "why so far away?" (as if Mexico is Tahiti). I think we''re surprised mostly because both FI and I are in our late 30s and neither of us ever really thought we''d ever get married. So we thought everyone would be a bit more...excited. But the people who ARE excited make up for those that aren''t...that''s how we''re trying to look at it. And Gypsy, I think it was you who one time said "Nobody is as excited as you are about your wedding. For most people, it''s something they''re doing on weekend x" (or something to that effect). I think that''s very accurate...and yet another reason for no bridesmaids.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:40:48 PM
Author: isaku5
OK, PS''ers, come to the rescue!! All of you who are so good with the dancing, pompom flying thingies, come to the rescue.

So sorry, I''m thingy impaired except for the few at the bottom of the post. Ah well, what the heck:
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

GYPSY''S GETTING MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!

(to be sung to ''Get Me To The Church On Time!!!)
AWWW. Thank you Isabel for indulging my pity party.

And bee* I''m sorry for the threadjack. My MOH promised me (for the upteenth time) to get me her measurements today so I could order her dress for her and surprise, she didn''t. And sent me a note saying she''d get to it in the next three weeks. So... that''s where it was coming from. I am sorry though.

Pity party over. Isabel ((HUGE HUGS)). Thank you honey. I needed that. Pom poms and all.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:54:18 PM
Author: claudinam
And Gypsy, I think it was you who one time said 'Nobody is as excited as you are about your wedding. For most people, it's something they're doing on weekend x' (or something to that effect). I think that's very accurate...and yet another reason for no bridesmaids.
1.gif
I've been saying that all day claud. LOL. I'm a hypocrite. As It's funny that it only helps a wee bit when I think about the ten minutes it would take her to take a tap measure and measure her bust and waist and email the numbers to me. I KNOW she doesn't care as much. But I'm not expecting her to do ANYTHING except measure herself, give me the information so I can order her dress on the same order as mine so I can save on shipping, and show up to the wedding and stand up for me and stand up for some pics. I wish she'd just said, nope. Too busy. Or that I'd had the sense to say... nope, you are too busy. LOL. No bridesmaids indeed. Okay. enough.

back to our regularly scheduled thread.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the family feuds Sarah-I hate it when things like that happen.

No prob at all Gypsy! Vent all you like!! That''s so frustrating that your MOH didn''t get her measurements! It can''t be that hard to do!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 8:21:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the family feuds Sarah-I hate it when things like that happen.

No prob at all Gypsy! Vent all you like!! That''s so frustrating that your MOH didn''t get her measurements! It can''t be that hard to do!

Me too, haha. Hey Gypsy I got something for you, apparently I forgot to update my facebook to say in the feed I was engaged. So I was getting really disappointed that most of my friends decided to ignore it . . . or so I thought. Apparently most of my friends didn''t know.
14.gif
14.gif
And it was my fault. So anyway, I am sorry it seems like people aren''t excited, but hey at least it wasn''t your fault!!
39.gif
And we at PS are all excited for you, you are such a nice and helpful person!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I have been SUPER sappy...especially when I''m hormonal.

An example of what made me cry 4 times in about a weeks time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM

I saw this LIVE about 3 weeks ago and sobbed like a baby. That video was played in the background. I then proceeded to watch it twice, then tell my mom all about. I cried at that time too. She thought I was nuts.

I''m already trying to psych myself into NOT crying when I walk down the aisle. I''m not a pretty crier. If I get a little teary eyed, that''d be perfect.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Last time I watched "Love Actually," which was a couple weeks after I got engaged, I cried through practically the whole movie. I always get choked up when the little kid is running through the airport and Colin Firth is dragging the whole town along on his way to the restaurant Aurelia works at, but it''s never been that ridiculous before. I also got choked up when watching the "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway" episode where the bride had survived cancer and the groom had been in a car accident -- I didn''t even really like them, but when they were talking about obstacles and love triumphing, it really did me in.

I''m a big sap.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - it''s definitely annoying, especially when you''re not asking for much. Just go give that adorable cat of yours a kiss, one to your FI, and look at the pictures of the beautiful day you have planned for your wedding...take a deep breath, and remember, you always have the option of telling her straight out you you know she''s busy, but you promise it won''t take her more than 5 minutes, and you''d really like them sooner...she may not realize it''s getting on your nerves...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Am I too late to join the pity party? No one but me give''s a rat''s behind about this dang wedding, and I am sick of it! I am tired of spending money, I''m tired of planning, and I''m sick to death of worrying about whether or not my dress will get here in time, and if it does, will it even fit??? I find myself getting emotional over commercials and soap operas, sappy songs on the radio...it is pathetic!

My parents have shown no interest whatsoever in my wedding. My mother continues to complain about how inconvenient it is for them to have to come to Maui. She b*tches me out about everything, and even though they have offered no assistance, no financial backing, etc..., towards the wedding, she is still pissed off that hers and my dad''s names aren''t on the wedding invitations... Duh...that''s because YOU''RE not paying for any of it!!!
38.gif
I am the only daughter and the first of their children to get married...one could only hope for a minimum amount of enthusiasm!

I can''t get my bridesmaids coordinated on anything and can''t even get two of them to call me back!

FI can''t be bothered with things like a guest list for our reception in August, which we needed WEEKS ago...no hope for a caterer for said reception, no reception or welcome dinner planned as of yet in Maui, etc... I am at a loss.

Today my MOH came up to Sacramento to help me look for the guys'' pants & shoes...we need 6 matching pairs of everything, but because of all of their oddball sizes (big & tall, short & wide, tall & wide, etc...), I can''t find any of the same pant in all the right sizes.
14.gif

So, while we''re at the maul, what did my MOH decide to do? She had to stop in every single maul jewelry store and try on engagement rings. Now, don''t get me wrong, I can look at bling all day, but not at the maul, and not while we''re supposed to be looking for things for the wedding, especially when I have offered numerous times to take her to some of the local family-owned jewelers I would recommend she look at. I nearly died at some of the frozen spit those sellers were trying to talk her into today...left a bad taste in my mouth, and we accomplished NOTHING for the wedding!

I came home with such a migraine that I finally just ordered off the Big & Tall section at Kohl''s, in as close to the sizes as I was able to find, and am just going to tell the guys in the bridal party to make it work. I also called my mom to confirm my dad''s size and she again went on and on that what I was buying he wouldn''t like, and I basically had to tell her that I just didn''t care...they had his size and for two dang hours he can just suck it up and pretend to enjoy himself! Hell, I was even spending extra to get the brand of pants we KNOW fits him!!!

There''s more going on than just that, but I won''t bore you ladies with it, and thanks for listening. I have just had it with being sick, doing everything by myself and nobody seeming to care that I''m getting married in just four months and not enough is done!!!

I just don''t know what to do...too bad it''s too late to open a bottle of wine...

Hang in there, everyone...I''m sure we''ll all figure out a way to get through this sooner or later! I am just REALLY ready for July to be here and to just be married...done and over with already!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 11:00:35 PM
Author: Courtneylub
I have been SUPER sappy...especially when I''m hormonal.

An example of what made me cry 4 times in about a weeks time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM

I saw this LIVE about 3 weeks ago and sobbed like a baby. That video was played in the background. I then proceeded to watch it twice, then tell my mom all about. I cried at that time too. She thought I was nuts.

I''m already trying to psych myself into NOT crying when I walk down the aisle. I''m not a pretty crier. If I get a little teary eyed, that''d be perfect.
Courtneylub, I''ve been in chicagoland for years now...but I''m still a country girl at heart, meaning that I still love country music and even though I used to hate it as a teenager when my mom listened to it while washing the dinner dishes, gah! It still gets me every time. I just watched the Utube you posted and omg even though I''m an old married lady of 4.5 years now it made me cry!

I was not really a sap over our wedding planning. I was working so much and trying to plan the wedding without any close friends or family nearby that I just did what I had to do and rely on phone calls and emails from my BM''s and mom, who all helped me plan things. DH was a great help too, but he didn''t get the whole sentimental thing of course, hee hee. I surprised myself by not crying during our ceremony...and who do you think DID cry? Yup, DH. And I now have it recorded onto a DVD...he''s crying and I''m wiping his tears saying "don''t cry, it''s ok." in a soothing and sickeningly sweet voice.
20.gif
I think I got all my stress and emotions out the weed preceding the wedding...it''s good that you brides to be are feeling sentimental and emotional now...you don''t want to ruin that expensive makeup job during the wedding itself, LOL!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
phew so I''m definitely not the only one.

Courtney-I''m not a pretty crier so I can definitely understand that. I''m more of the snorty, can''t breath crier-not attractive!!

Sarah-at least you found out why some of your friends don''t know! Update that profile!!

Octavia-I always seem to be getting emotional during wedding programmes on the tv. I can''t help myself. I think it was the fact that I saw the dress I love on the bride last night that really got to me as it looked perfect!

Harleigh-definitely not too late to join the pity party! Just remember it will all be worth it in the end! It is really frustrating though that people aren''t trying to help and in fact making it more awkward for you to get your planning done!

Monarch-that''s so cute about your DH! I can''t see D crying at the wedding although he might surprise me. I just hate the thought of me crying at it and I definitely don''t want to ruin the make-up!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am rather lucky because my FSIL is planning her own wedding as we speak but she is in the final stages so she has been super supportive. As well as my Man of Honor and my brides maids. FMIL offers to help and so does my mom. It has been hard for be because I am planning this wedding from Delaware to take place in our home state Massachusetts...it has been nearly impossible. I hope all of your planning will start looking up, I am sure once it gets closer people will be pitching in to help left and right :)

PS. Thanks courtneylub...I was crying during that video.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Sorry to make you girls cry! But it''s a great song and a great message. Life, love, and marriage aren''t easy, but once we reach that old age, we would do it all over again. Oh jeez...tears!

I''m not normally a big country fan, but I still know a lot of the more popular songs and artists. Alan Jackson being one, for sure. We saw him at the rodeo a few weeks ago.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, for sure. I saw a stupid ad on TV while I was working out that had a bride in it with her mom and I was all SNIFF! SNIFF!
39.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 9:11:38 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Oh yeah, for sure. I saw a stupid ad on TV while I was working out that had a bride in it with her mom and I was all SNIFF! SNIFF!
39.gif

I''ve done that too-I just saw an ad for a new tv programme and the groom was talking about how he loved his girl and I was like awww
39.gif

Ohhhhhh, I am totally undersatanding what you are saying...

I found myself all misty eyed at a commercial on TV of a bride and her new husband running through a field, the announcer stating.. THIS IS THE MOMENT YOU WILL CHERISH ALL YOUR LIFE...
The cheesy music blasting through the speakers...

I was literally SOBBING....

Any and all things wedding related... in fact, even seeing myself in IVORY for God''s sake, causes butterflies in my stomach... so yeeees, prepare for MONTHS of this !!!!!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got a doozy for you ladies--

I spilled some tears last night while we were watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3! Captain Barbossa marries them while they''re fighting off all the sea monsters-- SO SWEET!! haha, I''m a sad lady....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe misysu! Remind me not to look at that film until after June of next year!

Brown eyed-The thought of me in my dress (which ever one I pick) also makes me get sobby. I can only imagine when I''m trying them on!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 1:07:33 PM
hehe misysu! Remind me not to look at that film until after June of next year!

Brown eyed-The thought of me in my dress (which ever one I pick) also makes me get sobby. I can only imagine when I''m trying them on!
Hey bee*, I''m picking my dress up tomorrow, so I''ll let you know how the tears behave!! (I guess look for my dress thread tomorrow, too!!
9.gif
)

Ohhh Bee, if your anything like me, you''ll be a MESS !!!!!!

Even LOOKING at dresses in magazines gets me misty eyed.. I totally lose my senses when I have one on... wait until you find THE ONE !!!!!

Bring lots of kleenex !

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know. I forgot that after trying on a billion dresses over the last 3-4 years... when I found ''the one'' I DID actually start to cry. Briefly... but there were actual real tears!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results