shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone else ever feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I''m a middle child and it probably explains everything, but does anyone ever feel like they''re not heard? I mean, you post something and you hope that others will comment/congratulate/sympathize/agree/etc. and you get....well, nothing. It''s like you never even posted anything...
33.gif

This isn''t a whiny, woe-is-me post by any means so I hope it doesn''t come across this way. I just want to hear if anyone else ever feels the same way or maybe even a swift kick in the butt.
41.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean in the context of PS? Like creating a thread and getting no feedback?

ETA: I think you answered that already. I'm just trying to understand exactly what you mean.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It happens to everybody. Really and truly. It''s only in the past, oh....500 posts? that I feel like people even know who I am. PS is like one of those comedies about big families, where you have to just keep on going and do your own thing. Eventually people start to notice and remember you in a long-term way.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Because sammyj.........Why would we want to post with YOU?!
6.gif
3.gif
Kidding!!!

I hear what you mean, sometimes I feel that way too. I realize I make some ridiculous threads, but I still want to hear something back!!! I also (as of last week...) found out I have ''lurkers'' who apparently read everything I post about but never post to me. Yeah, you know who you are!
3.gif
9.gif
And now I know you are watching me.
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:13:50 PM
Author: princesss
It happens to everybody. Really and truly. It''s only in the past, oh....500 posts? that I feel like people even know who I am. PS is like one of those comedies about big families, where you have to just keep on going and do your own thing. Eventually people start to notice and remember you in a long-term way.
This is very true. So many people/threads/good posts (a lot of bad ones too!), and soooo little time. It takes awhile for other members to remember your name because PS has a lot of newbies and fly-by posters (they come and go so quickly its hard to keep track).

You''re definitely a recognized (and very appreciated) member of the LIW forum, I can say that for sure
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:21:20 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Because sammyj.........Why would we want to post with YOU?!
6.gif
3.gif
Kidding!!!

I hear what you mean, sometimes I feel that way too. I realize I make some ridiculous threads, but I still want to hear something back!!! I also (as of last week...) found out I have ''lurkers'' who apparently read everything I post about but never post to me. Yeah, you know who you are!
3.gif
9.gif
And now I know you are watching me.
27.gif
Boba...(lol)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:22:00 PM
Author: Bia
You''re definitely a recognized (and very appreciated) member of the LIW forum, I can say that for sure
2.gif
Agreed! I''m glad to be in the company of you Ms. Sammy
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:58:01 PM
Author:sammyj
Hmmm...I''m a middle child and it probably explains everything, but does anyone ever feel like they''re not heard? I mean, you post something and you hope that others will comment/congratulate/sympathize/agree/etc. and you get....well, nothing. It''s like you never even posted anything...
33.gif

This isn''t a whiny, woe-is-me post by any means so I hope it doesn''t come across this way. I just want to hear if anyone else ever feels the same way or maybe even a swift kick in the butt.
41.gif
LOL. Another middle child here, who feels exactly the same way. If I disappeared from here, I doubt anyone would notice. But, as a middle child, I''m okay with that.
1.gif
Unless I post something off the wall, people rarely comment. *shrugs*

and my Who''s Who thread was REALLY pitiful...
38.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:33:32 PM
Author: trillionaire

33.gif

41.gif
LOL. Another middle child here, who feels exactly the same way. If I disappeared from here, I doubt anyone would notice. But, as a middle child, I''m okay with that.
1.gif

38.gif
I feel like this sometimes, but I just keep on going ... I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes it''s disappointing to be excited about something and get like 3 posts in response. I think it helps to be a regular member of a particular board. I feel like the BIW ladies know who I am even if people on Hangout have no idea because I mostly lurk there.

And Tril, I love reading your posts! I''m not sure why ... maybe it''s your dog stories? Haha. But I like your attitude towards things and I look forward to your posts. They''re refreshing in a world where women are supposed to be soooo into weddings, kids, etc. and I can usually identify with what you''re saying.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Hmmm...I'm a middle child and it probably explains everything, but does anyone ever feel like they're not heard? I mean, you post something and you hope that others will comment/congratulate/sympathize/agree/etc. and you get....well, nothing. It's like you never even posted anything...
33.gif

This isn't a whiny, woe-is-me post by any means so I hope it doesn't come across this way. I just want to hear if anyone else ever feels the same way or maybe even a swift kick in the butt.
41.gif
LOL. Another middle child here, who feels exactly the same way. If I disappeared from here, I doubt anyone would notice. But, as a middle child, I'm okay with that.
1.gif

and my Who's Who thread was REALLY pitiful...
38.gif
Hey, but you *have* one.
2.gif

ETA: Trill, I'd definitely notice if you disappeared. Though that is your intention once you get your ring, right? It'll be sad here without you.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Trill- I notice when you are NOT here. So that speaks for something. I didn''t know you had a Who''s Who thread. I''ll check it out. I hear you on that though....I mostly post to myself over there. Lots o fun! Woooo
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:39:59 PM
Hey, but you *have* one.
2.gif
And you don''t? Well then missy, maybe you should have one!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:41:27 PM

Hey, but you *have* one.
2.gif
Lol, you''re a sweetie, DG.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!
slider_grouphugg.gif

You know what makes me sad? That I make *friends* with LIW ladies and then you all go and get engaged then (most) don''t come back to visit me and I feel abandoned.....lol
39.gif
lol I believe Bia is the only exception that I''ve seen thus far.
5.gif
So I post to them at BWW and apparently they don''t remember me....
40.gif
lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:46:02 PM

Date: 2/3/2009 4:41:27 PM

Hey, but you *have* one.
2.gif
Lol, you''re a sweetie, DG.
Done.............
5.gif
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

Hmmm...I'm a middle child and it probably explains everything, but does anyone ever feel like they're not heard? I mean, you post something and you hope that others will comment/congratulate/sympathize/agree/etc. and you get....well, nothing. It's like you never even posted anything...
33.gif

This isn't a whiny, woe-is-me post by any means so I hope it doesn't come across this way. I just want to hear if anyone else ever feels the same way or maybe even a swift kick in the butt.
41.gif
LOL. Another middle child here, who feels exactly the same way. If I disappeared from here, I doubt anyone would notice. But, as a middle child, I'm okay with that.
1.gif

and my Who's Who thread was REALLY pitiful...
38.gif
Hey, but you *have* one.
2.gif

ETA: Trill, I'd definitely notice if you disappeared. Though that is your intention once you get your ring, right? It'll be sad here without you.
LOL, I think I HAVE to disappear, how will I continue hiding PS for years and years?!? SO would think I was nutty if I tried to explain it to him, then he would look for my posts!!!
23.gif
Maybe I can stay, I will just have to change my old name, then get a new one to something he wouldn't guess (current name is pretty conspicuous). I will say that forums are usually a phase for me, but I really love PS!!! The breadth of topics is so fun, and I got completely sucked into ATW during the election!!! :)

Thanks to all the lovely comments about my posts :) It's nice to think that I have made a contribution! And I for one notice ALL posters, old and new. I love the uniqueness that everyone brings to PS!
36.gif

35.gif
to all that feel ignored! Lotsa hugs!!!

ETA: if you want a who's who thread, you can always go to ATW and scream at the top of your lungs for a while. People seem to what to get your back story when you hand around there for a while... lol

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You know, when I was little I used to love the middle seat... because I always got to be in the MIDDLE OF EVERYONE''s CONVERSATION! (It is like when you are at the end of a table w/ a large group and you like MISS EVERYTHING!)
Sometimes on the forums, when other threads jump on top... you get bumped to the edge of that crowded table. It doesn''t make you less loved, but yes... in that sea of conversations, it can make you... less heard.
Try not to sweat it... it happens all the time, IRL as well as on PS.
((HUGS))
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think everyone feels like that from time to time on here and it can be frustrating! For what it''s worth, I always notice your posts!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
whew...thanks for your responses and the hugs ladies! I think I just needed to get it off my chest and it was nice to hear that others feel the same way...

Bia - thanks for your comment about my presence on the LIW board. It means a lot to me!!! I love the LIW board so much that I almost don''t want to graduate to BWW...ok, maybe not.
3.gif

princesss - i like your analogy...and yes, post # does equate to the presence you have on this forum...and any forum for that matter! I can''t ever compete with those who have a gazillion posts and have been on PS for years and years! I''ll go post on your WW thread now....

DG - everyone wants to post with me! I''m a legend in my area...TOTALLY kidding...I''m just being a little facetious!! I could learn a thing or two from you...I''m a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to posting new threads!

trill - we should start a middle child club! you would definitely be missed if you disappeared. i love your humour and your outlook on life. plus, i''d LOVE to present your BF with the Person to Hold an E-ring Hostage the Longest Award. jk
41.gif

elrohwen - i agree...i definitely post in LIW the most and while there are tons of threads in Hangout and what-not where I feel like chiming in I tend to think twice. LIW is my safe haven.
1.gif

tlh - seriously woman, you came out of nowhere and you''re a force to be reckoned with! your posts are hilarious and i love how your throw out nookie talk whenever possible. you remind me of one of my best friends who adamantly refuses to sit at the end of a table and NEEDS to sit in the middle of everyone. it drives me a little nuts but i love her just the same!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:22:46 PM
Author: bee*
I think everyone feels like that from time to time on here and it can be frustrating! For what it''s worth, I always notice your posts!
thanks for chiming in, bee*!!! Even though I''m not a BWW I browse through the list and your organization skills are phenomenal...
Perhaps my recognizability has something to do with my neon orange avatar?
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:27:57 PM
Author: sammyj
DG - everyone wants to post with me! I'm a legend in my area...TOTALLY kidding...I'm just being a little facetious!! I could learn a thing or two from you...I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to posting new threads!
Haha! I know this is going to sound goofy- but I like to post some stuff here that I feel I can't talk to anyone else about. As in, I drive my Mother mad when I speak about rings. Oh wait, I drive my boyfriend mad too....lol! And obviously I can tend to be a drama queen with some of my threads but, I guess it makes me feel better that I have a place I feel safe to discuss what's on my mind! So....others don't think I'm crazy. I guess just you ladies (and lurkers) here think I'm crazy.
6.gif

Sometimes I read back on what I said and I laugh and think how silly that thread was......but all in all..it made me feel better at the time! So I've posted away about...silly nothing at all arguments, trips to my favorite store, LIWitis, and dream homes I wont buy for another 5 years...lol
littlebashfulguy.gif
Yeah, I like to think of PS as kind of a public diary......lol
6.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I definitely feel that way sometimes, but I know I''m still fairly new. sammyj and trillionaire -- no way! You''d totally be missed if you didn''t post anymore!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
dreamgirl you are such a butt lol
i follow ALL of your posts! i think i comment on almost all of them so you can just....go sit on it!
as my dad would say lol he thinks he is the fonz

also, how do you find out if people are subscribed to you? that would be interesting to know :)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

33.gif

41.gif
1.gif

38.gif
Funny that you say that. There were a few posts since the last time you posted and you didn''t reply. Shame!
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:48:08 PM
Awwwwwww GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!

slider_grouphugg.gif

You know what makes me sad? That I make *friends* with LIW ladies and then you all go and get engaged then (most) don''t come back to visit me and I feel abandoned.....lol
39.gif
lol I believe Bia is the only exception that I''ve seen thus far.
5.gif
So I post to them at BWW and apparently they don''t remember me....
40.gif
lol

Me abandon you?! You crazzzzzy???? Never!
10.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Sweetie I totally feel you! I can''t speak for how you personally feel, but I posted a topic in BWW and 107 people have looked at the post and not a single person has reponded and I posted on monday! It really hurts its kinda like unless you are a really frequent poster and always starting threads then no-one cares who you are or what you have to say. I was actually going to start a topic like this also. Although I don''t post everytime I am on pricescope at least once a day.

Well I always ready everything you post
1.gif
and the reason I am responding to this post instead of just reading and not posting, is because I want you to know that people on here do appreciate you!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I just had one comment, which is good... it sounds like everyone else has taken care of the rest. My mom recently referred to me, the middle child, as the sweet cream filling inbetween the chocolate cookies.

:) Just an FYI!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
RE: trill - we should start a middle child club! you would definitely be missed if you disappeared. i love your humour and your outlook on life. plus, i''d LOVE to present your BF with the Person to Hold an E-ring Hostage the Longest Award. jk

RE: Moon: Funny that you say that. There were a few posts since the last time you posted and you didn''t reply. Shame!

Sammy, we are def going to have to get a big banner when he proposes, with his award name on it. Then we can start a Hall of Shame Thread here on PS, with him as a cautionary tale of what NOT to do! lol!

And Moon, yeah, I didn''t notice my thread when it went up in the first place, let alone when it pops up for 3 seconds before disappearing! Ooops....
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sammy,

I think we have all felt that way at some time, I know I did in my early days so you are not alone! I think now PS has grown so fast and is now huge that it is hard to keep track, I know I tend to stick just to RT and the healthier lifestyle thread - but please know you are contributing in your own unique way and are very much a valued poster! I find although I don't have time to go to the other forums much that even if I don't answer some threads I do read a lot and great posters like yourself register in my mind as a positive and enjoyable part of Pricescope, so you are very much appreciated!
35.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I definitely notice you and try to comment, Sammy! It''s just hard with such a huge number of people to feel really personal, especially since this is a public forum and that means most of us are guarded about how much we post. Just know that we''re thinking of you and we all feel the same way :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results