shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else buy the same shirt in a bajillion different colors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have a sickness. I find a shirt I like, and I buy it in at LEAST 2 different colors.
I must have 8 V neck T-shirts, same style, different color.

Anyone else as crazy as I am?
26.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Me! Me! I''m guilty - yesterday, I went to Ann Taylor and bought 4 v-neck sweaters in green, yellow, purple, and blue. Wow - I''m so guilty....ha!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I never do it because I want to try it out first to see how I like it after a while.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I am SOOO guilty of this... Though Ill buy anything I like in diff colors... jeans...shirts...shoes.. LOL.. bad habit... haha

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It makes dressing easier. And, since I''m a good New Yorker, I used to buy it all in black ... I basically had Batman''s closet. 9 gazillion of the exact same thing. I''ve diversified a little since then, but ... yeah.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:01:48 PM
Author: Circe
It makes dressing easier. And, since I''m a good New Yorker, I used to buy it all in black ... I basically had Batman''s closet. 9 gazillion of the exact same thing. I''ve diversified a little since then, but ... yeah.
Sounds like me in college, LOL!

Okay, so glad I''m not the only crazy one! And it totally makes getting dressed easier! Might not be the height of stylish, but whatever, LOL.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do this sometimes, but limit it to two colors.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Me! If I find a good fitting shirt, I''ll buy it in both black and white.

I wear way too much black and white!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m that way with dresses, especially if they''re on sale!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes!!! If it fits and I like it and it comes in 12 colors I''m getting them all, LOL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:38:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh yes!!! If it fits and I like it and it comes in 12 colors I''m getting them all, LOL!
9.gif

Especially things of the tie-dyed variety?
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Only every time I go shopping ;-)

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly this sickness has gone so far for me that I now even have the same coat in three different colors- black, cream and tan.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:50:47 PM
Author: sap483
Sadly this sickness has gone so far for me that I now even have the same coat in three different colors- black, cream and tan.
LOL! I haven''t quite gotten there... but I may!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:01:46 PM
Author: blondebunny
I am SOOO guilty of this... Though Ill buy anything I like in diff colors... jeans...shirts...shoes.. LOL.. bad habit... haha
Hee hee... I have the same shoes in 3 colors, pants, etc..... purses.... meh.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely. i have the same nubbie silk t-shirt in over 10 colors. makes life simple and i can go casual and/or dressing in seconds.

movie zombie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a tough time finding basics that fit well (I''m tall with a long torso), so when I find a sweater or tee or whatever that actually fits well, I grab 2-3 different colors. Ok, and I''m indecisive, too.
9.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
It''s no sickness! (At least that''s what I keep telling myself). I was just at The Gap and loved this sweater, but couldn''t decide between the 4 available colors. So yes, I bought all four. Sigh...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I may have just gone on lunch and bought the same cozy long sleeve v neck that I''m currently wearing in an additional 4 colors.....
12.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I do this all the time. My FI says I wear a uniform. Last time I pull this one off is when Express had this sale on the cutest short sleeve, buttoned shirts for some ridiculous price, something like $20 each. I ended up buying 5 of them. I guess the rest of NYC thought the same because I swear, I see these shirts everywhere.

I also have a GAP at the corner of my job, so if something cute goes on sale, the whole office cascades in to buy multiples. Yes, we are bad!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2008 12:41:03 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/2/2008 12:38:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh yes!!! If it fits and I like it and it comes in 12 colors I'm getting them all, LOL!
9.gif

Especially things of the tie-dyed variety?
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Sadly those only came in *one* color scheme, but if there WERE more I would own them right now!
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a shirt from Ann Taylor in two different colors just the other day. And I have several more in my closet that are identical, except for the colors. A couple tanks...a couple sweaters...

And may I present to you, The Jessica Simpson Brenda in Gray Crocodile and Hot Pink Nubuck:

Brenda JS collage.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 3:11:21 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I bought a shirt from Ann Taylor in two different colors just the other day. And I have several more in my closet that are identical, except for the colors. A couple tanks...a couple sweaters...

And may I present to you, The Jessica Simpson Brenda in Gray Crocodile and Hot Pink Nubuck:
NICE!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock

Freke, I covet your show collection.. have you strated a thread yet with all of them?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 4:02:44 PM
Author: ~*Snow*~

Freke, I covet your show collection.. have you strated a thread yet with all of them?
Thanks Snow! I do not have a thread with them all in it, but I have posted a lot of pictures of them in the Shoes.... thread. You aren't the first person who has asked about it though. Perhaps one day I'll get organized and start one up...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:47:12 AM
Author:geckodani
I have a sickness. I find a shirt I like, and I buy it in at LEAST 2 different colors.

I must have 8 V neck T-shirts, same style, different color.

Anyone else as crazy as I am?
26.gif
I''m guilty of this also.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 4:09:52 PM

Date: 10/2/2008 4:02:44 PM
Author: ~*Snow*~

Thanks Snow! I do not have a thread with them all in it, but I have posted a lot of pictures of them in the Shoes.... thread. You aren''t the first person who has asked about it though. Perhaps one day I''ll get organized and start one up...
Freke I think it''s time you start the thread! i''m going through the Shoes... thread right now. I remember seeing it when it started but had no idea it got to big! My last 30 mins at work will now be spent drooling over shoes..
18.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, Freke, more shoes?! Jeez lady!

I do this ALL the time. I couldn''t tell you how many colors I have of Gap''s Favorite Tee (lots of solids and stripes). I also do this with my favorite BCBG shirts and pants.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s a great style and it looks good on me I''ve definitely been known to buy multiples. I''ll usually buy one in a neutral color and one in a bolder color.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I just bought two suits in the same style, different colors. However, I think all suits look essentially the same (or at least the conservative ones I wear to court do), so I don''t know if that counts.

If I do buy more than one of the same style, I try to limit it to two different colors. I broke my rule this summer and bought three of the same adorable lightweight cardigans--after loving the first one so much, I had to get two more in different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results