shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from new world diamonds?

doribird

Rough_Rock
Wtf??? Its definitely not the same. That's just blatant false advertising. Is yours knife edge? The pic on their website is so different

No knife edge, either. I bought a diamond tester, because with the false advertisement on the setting, it makes me question the stone. I'm pretty sure it is a diamond based on what I see, but I want to make sure.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No knife edge, either. I bought a diamond tester, because with the false advertisement on the setting, it makes me question the stone. I'm pretty sure it is a diamond based on what I see, but I want to make sure.

That's absurd. It's just false advertising plain and simple. I would return it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a color comparison with my .50 lightbox pendant. I really do love the stone. But, yeah. If they are in the jewelry business they should know the difference in the two settings. IMG_20200601_201023911.jpg

The stone is really pretty. But definitely warmer than they advertise, and the setting mistake is just irritating. Makes me feel like they are dishonest

doribird

Rough_Rock
The diamond tester came, and it is positive as diamond. I'm not surprised, since the color is unique to a diamond, and it doesn't look like any of my moissanites. I've been having a really hard time seeing any inclusions, and the cut does seem nice. It has been fun to take it into different lighting situations and play with it. I have yet to see an environment that it is dead in. I would describe the color as warm vanilla, my preference in diamonds. I was fully aware it wouldn't be as white as advertised, and am fine with that. I actually like it in yellow gold, it has quite a personality with browns, peaches, blues in sunlight and white in the shade.

So, all that said, I have decided to keep it purely for the diamond. I have fallen in love with its color, size in proportion to my size 6 finger, and clarity. I'd be hard pressed to find a nearly one carat diamond for anywhere near $700 that looks this nice. The special sale price they had on this ring apparently expired, and the price has gone back up to nearly $1300. :(

The setting is nice, just not what I was expecting. I have bands that match it for now, and will probably reset the diamond in the future. But for now, I'm enjoying its simplicity (and color- did I mention I LOVE the color? LOL!)

Just be aware if you order from New World, the color grading may be off. If you are color sensitive, you may want to look elsewhere, like Lightbox. My lightbox stone is several grades whiter. Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about the setting fiasco, but I bought it for the diamond. Clarity and cut are good. They were very quick to help with setting up a return when I talked to them about the setting, so it sounds like they stand by the return policy.

Lastly, their phone number seems to be disconnected, but I was able to get through immediately on their online chat. Not sure what that was about.

Sorry for the rambling, but thought I should give an update for those that might still be interested in the stones from this company.has

ETA: I was just browsing through the pinky Orange diamonds, they look so pretty! I'd be curious to see if they look that way in real life, too!

Last edited:

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The diamond tester came, and it is positive as diamond. I'm not surprised, since the color is unique to a diamond, and it doesn't look like any of my moissanites. I've been having a really hard time seeing any inclusions, and the cut does seem nice. It has been fun to take it into different lighting situations and play with it. I have yet to see an environment that it is dead in. I would describe the color as warm vanilla, my preference in diamonds. I was fully aware it wouldn't be as white as advertised, and am fine with that. I actually like it in yellow gold, it has quite a personality with browns, peaches, blues in sunlight and white in the shade.

So, all that said, I have decided to keep it purely for the diamond. I have fallen in love with its color, size in proportion to my size 6 finger, and clarity. I'd be hard pressed to find a nearly one carat diamond for anywhere near $700 that looks this nice. The special sale price they had on this ring apparently expired, and the price has gone back up to nearly $1300. :(

The setting is nice, just not what I was expecting. I have bands that match it for now, and will probably reset the diamond in the future. But for now, I'm enjoying its simplicity (and color- did I mention I LOVE the color? LOL!)

Just be aware if you order from New World, the color grading may be off. If you are color sensitive, you may want to look elsewhere, like Lightbox. My lightbox stone is several grades whiter. Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about the setting fiasco, but I bought it for the diamond. Clarity and cut are good. They were very quick to help with setting up a return when I talked to them about the setting, so it sounds like they stand by the return policy.

Lastly, their phone number seems to be disconnected, but I was able to get through immediately on their online chat. Not sure what that was about.

Sorry for the rambling, but thought I should give an update for those that might still be interested in the stones from this company.has

ETA: I was just browsing through the pinky Orange diamonds, they look so pretty! I'd be curious to see if they look that way in real life, too!

Thanks so much!!! This is all great information. And I love the “rambling.”

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is super helpful! I am so curious what their pink/orange eternity bands look like!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@doribird, I'm so sorry that the setting turned out so poorly/perhaps fraudulently. The stone is really pretty, though - nice cut and, like you, I love brown! - and at that price I think you're right, it's still a good deal for a stone you like so much. So....yay for that! And thanks for sharing your experience, so the rest of us kind of know what we're dealing with with them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just chatted with them this morning bc I was curious about IRL pics of their eternity bands. Person on chat sent me this pic of the pink and orange bands.

2b9146e42bcc507497c6c375b38be9fb7c7507de.jpg
They also said bands are made to order so if ppl are looking for a specific shade (I would want peach/light brownish vs pure pink, for example), you can request that.
Just in case anyone finds it helpful!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just chatted with them this morning bc I was curious about IRL pics of their eternity bands. Person on chat sent me this pic of the pink and orange bands.

They also said bands are made to order so if ppl are looking for a specific shade (I would want peach/light brownish vs pure pink, for example), you can request that.

I find it so helpful!!! Did she tell you a ball park price? I want the top one

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting! This is great info. I’m not sure if I want colors so saturated, but they sure look sparkly so that’s a plus.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this. I am really tempted by their blue diamonds, although I’m curious how deep and vibrant the color is. I bought a Lightbox pendant last year and wasn’t crazy with how pale the blue diamond was. I am dark and the lightbox blue looked white on me and didn’t look like a real blue at all.

I did sign up for New World Diamond’s mailing list and they give you a 10% off coupon, plus a couple follow up emails for any promos and sales they may have. If I find a good discount, I may get a blue diamond from them. I do like that the website shows the diamonds’ certs although it’s weird that they don’t list the cut grade for the majority of the colored diamonds. Full specs are listed on the certs, however. Not terribly picky about the cut grade for colored diamonds, btw; I just want the clarity to be decent.

ntilm

Rough_Rock
I am really tempted by their blue diamonds, although I’m curious how deep and vibrant the color is.

I bought a 1.16ct vs2 ideal cut fancy intense blue diamond/engagement ring from NWD just a few days ago.
Most of their blue diamonds are fancy deep or dark blue and I while I actively sought out one that wasn't very saturated or dark, pale is definitely not how I'd describe this. It's alive and full of color.
P1060933.jpg

BTW, I noticed that, while the cut grade isn't always displayed in their diamond list view, it does seem to include even the diamonds where it's not mentioned when you filter on cut grade.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god I did NOT need to know this site existed. Look at this beauty... I want!

Or this one! Too many pretties, ah!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a 1.16ct vs2 ideal cut fancy intense blue diamond/engagement ring from NWD just a few days ago.
Most of their blue diamonds are fancy deep or dark blue and I while I actively sought out one that wasn't very saturated or dark, pale is definitely not how I'd describe this. It's alive and full of color.
P1060933.jpg

BTW, I noticed that, while the cut grade isn't always displayed in their diamond list view, it does seem to include even the diamonds where it's not mentioned when you filter on cut grade.

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, I love that color!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
P1060933.jpg

I have been drooling over their blue diamonds! Thanks for posting this, such a great color!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P1060933.jpg

Can we see more pics please? Different lighting and angles? Does the blue seem to shift at all? This looks to be a much richer blue than the LB blue.

ntilm

Rough_Rock
Can we see more pics please? Different lighting and angles? Does the blue seem to shift at all? This looks to be a much richer blue than the LB blue.

Sure - I have 2 more.
1st was outside, in the sun. 2nd indoors, dark with flashlight.

And I just made a quick video so you can see for yourself: https://streamable.com/veh4ah
Start out in a darker corner in the room, slowly making my way outside in the sun. Camera struggles with changes of brightness a bit, but it'll give you an idea.

I have no other blue diamonds to compare with, but I'd say the color is quite rich (and I actively sought out a slightly ligher one - I expect their deep/dark blues to be even richer, but it's not what I was after)
The color doesn't shift, safe for appearing darker under direct sunlight (which I'm led to believe is normal - https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/news/why-do-diamonds-look-dark-in-sunlight)

P1060939.jpg P1060951.jpg

Attachments

• P1060939.jpg
    P1060939.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 27
  • P1060951.jpg
    P1060951.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure - I have 2 more.
1st was outside, in the sun. 2nd indoors, dark with flashlight.

And I just made a quick video so you can see for yourself: https://streamable.com/veh4ah
Start out in a darker corner in the room, slowly making my way outside in the sun. Camera struggles with changes of brightness a bit, but it'll give you an idea.

I have no other blue diamonds to compare with, but I'd say the color is quite rich (and I actively sought out a slightly ligher one - I expect their deep/dark blues to be even richer, but it's not what I was after)
The color doesn't shift, safe for appearing darker under direct sunlight (which I'm led to believe is normal - https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/news/why-do-diamonds-look-dark-in-sunlight)

P1060939.jpg P1060951.jpg

Thank you! Looks to be a real sparkler, too!

Elodie3

Rough_Rock
I have a .65 fancy deep purple pink emerald cut lab diamond from them and I’m pretty happy overall. This color is very hard to find in lab inventory and the price was right.

On their site, some of the diamonds don’t have a video of the actual diamond on their list page. It does have a disclaimer about this, but it’s still confusing because some stones, like the one I purchased, are depicted, even though it still has the disclaimer. I wish they would leave the videos blank unless it’s a video of the listed stone.

Certs are randomly from different labs. This particular stone is EGL, and did not link back to the cert on the listing. In order to cross reference the stone I had to do some website creative URL stuff to find it. It’s an annoyance but not a huge deal. Again I wish they had linked it.

The prices are not beatable as far as I can tell. The budget sites for colored diamonds like Lightbox don’t have stones like this or offer custom stone and setting combinations.

My biggest complaint is some of the metal from the setting directly under the stone is not smooth and shows through the table, making it seem like inclusions in some light. That being said, the setting was not overpriced at all and the whole thing was done under $1,000. For the price, I’m ok with it. I don’t think it’s what you would consider cut for optimal light performance but again, is ok and expected.

There was one other thing that bugged me about the website. While I was scrutinizing stones, I zoomed in on a different stone and saw the edge was chipped, and that was not shown on the certificate for that listing.

I really liked their customer service. Before I realized some videos don’t match the stones, I had placed an order. I called back and got sent the proper video but ended up wanting to cancel that order. They promptly canceled and didn’t give me any grief, even when I bugged them because cancel confirmation email got stuck in my spam folder.

I think I will definitely keep them in mind for any future purchases unless brilliant earth expands their inventory, since I found their site much easier to deal with. I love lab diamonds and I love colors. I recommend requesting more info on stones you like since many of the listings have scant information. For rare colors made in a lab l, I think their inventory is pretty good. I saw a teal colored one that was really nice (what you’d call bluish green I think).

73126DEB-EFEB-452B-81C1-27CFFE0E1BBE.jpeg

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I have a .65 fancy deep purple pink emerald cut lab diamond from them and I’m pretty happy overall. This color is very hard to find in lab inventory and the price was right.

On their site, some of the diamonds don’t have a video of the actual diamond on their list page. It does have a disclaimer about this, but it’s still confusing because some stones, like the one I purchased, are depicted, even though it still has the disclaimer. I wish they would leave the videos blank unless it’s a video of the listed stone.

Certs are randomly from different labs. This particular stone is EGL, and did not link back to the cert on the listing. In order to cross reference the stone I had to do some website creative URL stuff to find it. It’s an annoyance but not a huge deal. Again I wish they had linked it.

The prices are not beatable as far as I can tell. The budget sites for colored diamonds like Lightbox don’t have stones like this or offer custom stone and setting combinations.

My biggest complaint is some of the metal from the setting directly under the stone is not smooth and shows through the table, making it seem like inclusions in some light. That being said, the setting was not overpriced at all and the whole thing was done under $1,000. For the price, I’m ok with it. I don’t think it’s what you would consider cut for optimal light performance but again, is ok and expected.

There was one other thing that bugged me about the website. While I was scrutinizing stones, I zoomed in on a different stone and saw the edge was chipped, and that was not shown on the certificate for that listing.

I really liked their customer service. Before I realized some videos don’t match the stones, I had placed an order. I called back and got sent the proper video but ended up wanting to cancel that order. They promptly canceled and didn’t give me any grief, even when I bugged them because cancel confirmation email got stuck in my spam folder.

I think I will definitely keep them in mind for any future purchases unless brilliant earth expands their inventory, since I found their site much easier to deal with. I love lab diamonds and I love colors. I recommend requesting more info on stones you like since many of the listings have scant information. For rare colors made in a lab l, I think their inventory is pretty good. I saw a teal colored one that was really nice (what you’d call bluish green I think).

73126DEB-EFEB-452B-81C1-27CFFE0E1BBE.jpeg

Really pretty, thanks for the detailed review!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'll follow this thread as I stumbled across New World Diamonds and their orange/pink stones are gorgeous and so cheap... I thought about getting a natural orange stone one day but the lab options are just too good to ignore...

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I was gifted 1/2 tcw blue diamond stud earrings from NWD for my birthday from my darling husband. These are difficult to photograph! I love them! They’re more blue-green or teal than royal blue, but it’s ok because that’s my preference.

Pictures:

NWD blue next to 1/4 carat MMD stud from Loop. In my ear, the larger pair is OEC moissanite from Provence.

The screw backs were a little tricky, and not as smooth as my custom pair from Provence. Still got them in after a little wiggling.

656BD35B-70B0-4661-B968-9F1C596865BD.jpeg 73DA9FEC-6999-4CFB-81AC-F70AA1105386.jpeg 38B18C92-5D65-48BA-A906-FD4EF2E01717.jpeg

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

That's beautiful, @lovedogs did you get the pink?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... that orange eternity... I can't say I've seen any fancy colour full eternties other than yellow. I must turn away...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results