shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from new world diamonds?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really tempted by their orange/pink stones and eternity bands. Wondering if any PSers have worked w them before?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did. A tennis bracelet that went back. Lifeless diamonds, IMO.
Oh no. That sucks! But thanks for sharing your experience. Dont want to deal with returns on a lifeless stone!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did. A tennis bracelet that went back. Lifeless diamonds, IMO.
Were these the colored or colorless stones? I'm eyeing a pink stone and wonder if it's worth ordering.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I will! So tempting but I'm worried about being disappointed wit the look IRL
The one I'm looking at isn't expensive so I just might go for it.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are these from new world? Very pretty!

These were posted in the LB thread so I don’t believe they are from new world. I hope if anyone buys from new world they will post lots of pics because I suspect some of their photos are edited/ photoshopped.

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I bought a half carat band from them and am happy with my purchase. At the time it was 299, and the full carat band was 499. My only regret is that I didn't get the full carat. Prices have gone up since I purchased in January. 20200214_094641_HDR.jpg

doribird

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker here, this might be my first post! Have you seen their special on a .90 ct Solitare right now? 14 kt gold (your choice of color) I-J, vs2 stone for $699.00. They claim that is at their cost, no additional discounts/coupons allowed. IGL certified, so not a GIA grading, but at that price I felt it was worth a shot to order and take a look at it in person. There are free 30 day returns, so why not? I ordered in rose gold, size 6.5. Hopefully it 's not too good to be true. I'll update when it shows up.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long time lurker here, this might be my first post! Have you seen their special on a .90 ct Solitare right now? 14 kt gold (your choice of color) I-J, vs2 stone for $699.00. They claim that is at their cost, no additional discounts/coupons allowed. IGL certified, so not a GIA grading, but at that price I felt it was worth a shot to order and take a look at it in person. There are free 30 day returns, so why not? I ordered in rose gold, size 6.5. Hopefully it 's not too good to be true. I'll update when it shows up.

Awesome lurking :D and awesome buy!

Please do post pics, we're keen to see them :))

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I saw that they use IGL certification. Does anyone know what that is and how it compares to IGI? I’m intrigued that this company says it’s diamonds are made in the USA which is a huge plus for me.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My ring is coming tomorrow. It was shipped FedEx from Michigan. So, very fast shipping. Tomorrow will be a very looong day waiting at work!

I cannot wait to see!

doribird

Rough_Rock
Well, there is good, and bad. The good: the diamond is decent for the price. I louped it, and it is really clean.
The color is very warm, with brown undertones. But, I prefer the warm brown tones, and it faces up quite white. I'm thinking it's closer to a K-L, which is actually my favorite range. The cut? I'm not so sure it's stellar, but I do see arrows. It measures a bit over 6mm, I'm not sure exact measurements because my calipers aren't that precise. It's in my sweet spot for size, I'm always most comfortable wearing .75 to 1 cts. in size. Overall, I'm happy with the diamond, knowing I don't think I could get much better for the price.

Now, the bad. The setting. I ordered rose gold, and I got yellow. That alone isn't what is upsetting me the most. On the website, the example pictures are clearly of a Tiffany repro, with "chunky" smooth, rounded prongs and a knife edge band. What I got? I describe it as a generic 6 prong setting. The kind all diamonds come in before you pick out your "forever" setting. I contacted Tina at New World Diamonds, and the only suggestion she could offer is for me to return it and they would send it out in rose gold. I don't think she understood when I complained that the setting (especially the prongs) are completely different. I'm on the verge of just keeping it, knowing the diamond alone was a good deal and just resetting it down the line. But, my suggestion they update the pictures to accurately show what they are selling met on deaf ears.

I'll get pictures to post tonight - promise!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, there is good, and bad. The good: the diamond is decent for the price. I louped it, and it is really clean.
The color is very warm, with brown undertones. But, I prefer the warm brown tones, and it faces up quite white. I'm thinking it's closer to a K-L, which is actually my favorite range. The cut? I'm not so sure it's stellar, but I do see arrows. It measures a bit over 6mm, I'm not sure exact measurements because my calipers aren't that precise. It's in my sweet spot for size, I'm always most comfortable wearing .75 to 1 cts. in size. Overall, I'm happy with the diamond, knowing I don't think I could get much better for the price.

Now, the bad. The setting. I ordered rose gold, and I got yellow. That alone isn't what is upsetting me the most. On the website, the example pictures are clearly of a Tiffany repro, with "chunky" smooth, rounded prongs and a knife edge band. What I got? I describe it as a generic 6 prong setting. The kind all diamonds come in before you pick out your "forever" setting. I contacted Tina at New World Diamonds, and the only suggestion she could offer is for me to return it and they would send it out in rose gold. I don't think she understood when I complained that the setting (especially the prongs) are completely different. I'm on the verge of just keeping it, knowing the diamond alone was a good deal and just resetting it down the line. But, my suggestion they update the pictures to accurately show what they are selling met on deaf ears.

I'll get pictures to post tonight - promise!

I really want to see pics! Thanks for the review!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh I quite like it!!!!! It’s a bummer they didn’t get the metal color right, but it looks really nice. I’m tempted to get one now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results