shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from Jharna Gems? (ebay?)

rimshotsnap

Rough_Rock
I am looking for Alexandrite for an engagement ring, and came across some nice looking stones at JharnaGems on Ebay based in Thailand. Has anyone bought from them before? Any opinions? Unfortunately, shipping is not super cheap, and if I decide to return a stone, I'd have to eat that cost, plus pay for return shipping within 7 days.

Would love any input!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you look at toolhaus.org?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too risky.

1. Cuts are quite lacking on most of their alexandrite
2. Colour change is quite lacking on most of their alexandrite
3. Strong light source used so I suspect the stones will be darker in person
4. I would want either an AGL or GIA lab report to make sure they are not synthetic or simulant

rimshotsnap

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Chrono! Wish I'd seen your response a little earlier, since I already pulled the trigger! This stone includes a GIA certification, but I am a bit worried about the other things you mention. They have a 14-day money back return policy, so I suppose the most I'll be out is $50 or so. Still, I hope it pans out. I will share my experience either way!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1437393630|3905125 said:
Too risky.

1. Cuts are quite lacking on most of their alexandrite
2. Colour change is quite lacking on most of their alexandrite
3. Strong light source used so I suspect the stones will be darker in person
4. I would want either an AGL or GIA lab report to make sure they are not synthetic or simulant

So nice of you to actually go check out their stones, Chrono. Sign me way too lazy, but glad someone helped the OP! :bigsmile:

jray1806

Rough_Rock
Any update on this? I'm in the same situation as you. Looking at buying Alexandrite for an engagement setting and I found my way to some gems from this vendor.

Luca_diamonds

Rough_Rock
I have purchased 3 Alexandrite's from Jharna gems . The seller is trustable and makes no problem on returns . The one I purchased are Indian alexandrite's , all of them are of good quality and have a beautiful bluish green colour .Indian alexandrites exhibit most attractive blue-green colors in daylight, although their color change is rarely strong as alexandrites from Brazil and Africa . I'm new to this forum and hope to give advice on any other stone .

bpaul

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am looking for Alexandrite for an engagement ring, and came across some nice looking stones at JharnaGems on Ebay based in Thailand. Has anyone bought from them before? Any opinions? Unfortunately, shipping is not super cheap, and if I decide to return a stone, I'd have to eat that cost, plus pay for return shipping within 7 days.

Would love any input!

Wondering if you did buy from them?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results