shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from Columbian Emeralds Int''l?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadianicequeen

Rough_Rock
I was in the Bahamas recently and visited a Columbian Emeralds International store. They seem to be everywhere in the Caribbean these days. I''m wondering about the quality of their emeralds.

Has anyone here purchased from them and/or had appraisals done of their purchases?

Thanks!

I'm sorry I've never heard or bought anything from them. There's also a pretty recent post about someone not getting what he paid for when he purchased 2 tanzanites in the Caribbean and is having issues tying to get a refund.

I would not buy an emerald (at least a costly one) without a lab cert from a highly reputable lab like the GIA, AGL, AGTA or GRS, and it must include the type of treatment and filler information. 99% of emeralds are filled in someway to hide their numerous cracks. Depending on the type of filler, this can really mask the stone''s true quality, and lessen the value extensively.

I have been in a few of these stores...even one in Colombia this past summer. I was not impressed with what they had to offer. The stones were often cloudy or not cut well. I don''t know as much as you ladies, but I know I wasn''t getting a decent deal. I looked at items in all price ranges as I wasn''t looking for something in particular. Colombia, believe it or not, was beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics