shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from Columbian Emeralds Int''l?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadianicequeen

Rough_Rock
I was in the Bahamas recently and visited a Columbian Emeralds International store. They seem to be everywhere in the Caribbean these days. I''m wondering about the quality of their emeralds.

Has anyone here purchased from them and/or had appraisals done of their purchases?

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I've never heard or bought anything from them. There's also a pretty recent post about someone not getting what he paid for when he purchased 2 tanzanites in the Caribbean and is having issues tying to get a refund.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not buy an emerald (at least a costly one) without a lab cert from a highly reputable lab like the GIA, AGL, AGTA or GRS, and it must include the type of treatment and filler information. 99% of emeralds are filled in someway to hide their numerous cracks. Depending on the type of filler, this can really mask the stone''s true quality, and lessen the value extensively.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
I have been in a few of these stores...even one in Colombia this past summer. I was not impressed with what they had to offer. The stones were often cloudy or not cut well. I don''t know as much as you ladies, but I know I wasn''t getting a decent deal. I looked at items in all price ranges as I wasn''t looking for something in particular. Colombia, believe it or not, was beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results