shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone bought the Garry Ideal-Scope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiant_nyc

Rough_Rock
Whats the difference between the ''Beginner'' and ''Expert'' model?
I''m thinking of ordering one but the $95 dollar difference seems quite substantial if they both do the same thing.

Does anyone have any reviews/input with each model?

read.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have an IS, the $25 version. If you're a consumer, you'll likely do just fine with this one. It's a great tool.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes if you are a consumer, definitely just get the $25 model...
1.gif
It does the same thing, but I think if you were selling stones, you'd want to be using the more advanced model.

I ordered mine early this week, procrastination!! I've got all my diamonds lined up to test it out.
2.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I just CAN'T believe that you never bought one! How could you stand not looking at all of your goodies? We expect a full report..I know some of mine were winners, others were losers, but now it is in my purse at all times...just in case.
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG..I know!!! It's sacrilege. I even bought our jeweler one. Anyway--I am anticipating good and bad with my goodies, but I think my earrings will pleasantly surprise me.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Get the cheap one. I have the prototype version, but it still works pretty well.

BrianTheCutter

Shiny_Rock
I think my mate Garry is doing a good deed by making the selection of well-cut diamonds so simple.
1.gif

We have both Expert and several Production (Beginners’) models.

The Expert has solid body and better optics. Plus, it has a white dome to standardize lighting conditions. We use it when photographing idealscope images.

However, the beginner model is just fine for cherry picking. we're using it very often for checking the stones and especially when picking stones for our own "Expert Selection" inventory.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Brian,

Just curious. Did you pick up 8*'s new symmetry scope?

Rhino

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If anyone wants a second hand Firescope(tm) I think i know where one can be got.

For most consumers the $25 model works fine.
The pink reflector is the same in both - just the lens and the diffuser dome are the differences.

We are also now offering a portable light source with holding tray for $25. this can make life easier for people who are not adept with tweezers.
You can put the CZ callibration stone side by side with any loose stone you are looking at and easily compare the performance.

BTW the $5 CZ is a must have for all begginners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results