shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone bought from ROLAY on Etsy?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest pearling desire/obsession is to find a nice, large, pale gold drop SS pearl pendant, in yellow gold. I’ve looked at all the high end websites (Jewelmer, Fiji Pearls, Paspaley etc) and don’t see anything I like. I stumbled across ROLAY on Etsy and they seem to have a good range of choices, all pretty reasonably priced. Anyone have any experience with them? The reviews are all good.

Or any other places to look?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought something from them, and it shipped today. A giant tahitian drop. I'll update when it arrives!

Ooooooh, exciting! I’m hoping for a giant one too, looking forward to seeing this and hearing your thoughts.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve thought about it and will be interested in what @ForteKitty thinks when her pendant arrives. It looks beautiful in the picture.

You could try looking at The Pearl Society or Tahitianpearls.biz on eBay. I haven’t purchased from either vendor but bookmarked them after seeing some eye candy on the other pearl site.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never bought from him but Rolay who owns the Pearl Society Ebay store has a good reputation on the other pearl forum.

@ForteKitty - Looking forward to pics when your baroque Tahitian pendant arrives. It looks like it will be beautiful. :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought earrings, pendants and a strand from ROLAY (and yes, it's the same seller as pearl_society on eBay). I love everything I bought!

I offer 2 caveats:

1. The lighting in his photos varies rather a lot-- if you look at various photos of items held against his hand, you will see his skin tone sometimes appears cooler/bluer, sometimes warmer/yellower, sometimes redder. So ask yourself how this may be affecting the color of a white pearl (is it really more cream than white?) a bluish pearl (is it really that blue or is it more silvery?) or a golden pearl (is it really that deep a gold/yellow?) Play with the image on your own computer to get a better idea of what the color might be.

2. He accepts returns of some items but not others, so read the description carefully. That being said, I have never wanted to return anything-- which is a good thing because I don't relish paying for shipping with tracking to Hong Kong.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought earrings, pendants and a strand from ROLAY (and yes, it's the same seller as pearl_society on eBay). I love everything I bought!

I offer 2 caveats:

1. The lighting in his photos varies rather a lot-- if you look at various photos of items held against his hand, you will see his skin tone sometimes appears cooler/bluer, sometimes warmer/yellower, sometimes redder. So ask yourself how this may be affecting the color of a white pearl (is it really more cream than white?) a bluish pearl (is it really that blue or is it more silvery?) or a golden pearl (is it really that deep a gold/yellow?) Play with the image on your own computer to get a better idea of what the color might be.

2. He accepts returns of some items but not others, so read the description carefully. That being said, I have never wanted to return anything-- which is a good thing because I don't relish paying for shipping with tracking to Hong Kong.

Good advice! I will take a closer look, I’m definitely wanting a creamy, softer toned gold pearl.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Following! I really love their floral pendants...but don't see any right now with a pearl that I like...

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve had great success with pearl society. If you ask specific questions of the vendor about color, over tone etc he will provide honest answers. He also takes care to photograph any blemishes.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the giant Pearl has arrived! I might try to take my own photos later but this is the one,

D6BBAD11-9009-4271-B94C-F1ECB308347D.jpeg
I’m very pleased with it. The colour is true to life and any blemishes were well photographed so I knew exactly what I was getting. The setting/bale looks to be of good quality and is solid. Packaging is beautiful and best of all, 6 days transit time from Hong Kong to the U.K. Overall a great experience and I would recommend this seller.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the giant Pearl has arrived! I might try to take my own photos later but this is the one,

D6BBAD11-9009-4271-B94C-F1ECB308347D.jpeg
I’m very pleased with it. The colour is true to life and any blemishes were well photographed so I knew exactly what I was getting. The setting/bale looks to be of good quality and is solid. Packaging is beautiful and best of all, 6 days transit time from Hong Kong to the U.K. Overall a great experience and I would recommend this seller.

Glad you had a good experience and the vendors pics were true to life. I love the baroque shape, impressive size and on my monitor the sunny, yellow with pink color of the beautiful pearl. The cute diamond accent looks pretty as well. :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had a good experience and the vendors pics were true to life. I love the baroque shape, impressive size and on my monitor the sunny, yellow with pink color of the beautiful pearl. The cute diamond accent looks pretty as well. :)

Thank you @Lisa Loves Shiny it is sunny! A lovely, buttery soft gold. I’m pretty sure I can’t carry off a whole strand of SS but this one will do me fine.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine arrived today... and it looks like a testicle. Exactly as pictured though! I will wear it proudly and threateningly. :lol:

Go for it! It’s a real statement piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results