shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Been to Kennebunkport?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
My Bf and I are thinking of planning a vacation there this spring. This is so dumb, but Maine is one of the two states that Bf hasn''t been to yet and thus, we are going to Maine. I would love tips on where to stay, what to do, etc.

I am secretly hoping IT will happen on vacation....
31.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Wcity.....Good stuff! Lucky girl! I only spent an evening in Kennebunkport, but absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I don''t have the name of the restaurant that I went to with me, but it is a seasonal restaurant that the locals hang out at. The restaurant is in a little bay with hard wood floors, very cozy & romantic (ask for a table by the window). Avoid the happy hour. It was quite loud by the bar. I will see if I can find the card at home. BTW, the food was fabulous & worth every penny! Will try and post either tonight or tomorrow.

How exciting!

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Maine is can be an awesome trip. The Kennebunks are nice and quaint (a bit tourist-y when a large bunch of Bushes are in town). Portland is only about 45 mintues north is a great small New England City with good food, great scenery and good art/architecture. Freeport is an hour or so about Portland and you can visit LL Bean and tons of outlets in a small coastal town. There is TONS to do along the Maine coast. And late summer is a wonderful time to visit. (OOOPS .. not summer.. Late spring is a wonderful time to visit too... but make sure it's MAINE late spring... like late April or else it'll still be a wee bit frosty at night.)

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Wcitygirl....I finally found the business card of the restaurant I wanted to recommend. Sorry it''s taken this long. It''s called Arundel Wharf, located in Kennebunkport. They can be contacted at 207-967-3444 or they have a website....www.arundelwharf.com. I checked out the website....it list samples of their menus. I really liked the restaurant. Food was divine (espeically the corn chowder)! View was beautiful, even on a dreary day. The restaurant had a cozy feel to it....although loud with the wood plank floors & all.

Hope you make it there!

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
NoonersMom ~ Thank you so much! I appreciate your tips! I will definitely check that place out. Sometimes, the most memorable places are "local hangouts."

I appreciate ALL your tips, actually! Thanks guys!

I hope we get to go too. I''m sort of doubting it now. It just seems like we have so much to do before August and so much traveling to do for other reasons -- like OTHER people''s weddings.
3.gif
Oh well. I''m still hoping though!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results