shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone a Personal Trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''''m not so happy with my job and have been trying to think of professions that would make me happy. Though I''''m not currently in the best shape, I know I could get there with some more time and I actually do like working out and I really like showing people how to do things and coaching them through it. In high school I was a cheerleader and I was always helping people learn the routines.

When I was at my peak I was spending 3 hrs a day in the gym (every day) and I know that if I hadn''''t had other things I had to do (like work) I would''''ve been there even more.

So I''''m curious about what the requirements are to become a personal trainer. What''''s a typical day like? What are your favorite and least favorite things about it? Does this kind of a job provide health insurance?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...perhaps I should''ve posted in Family & Home...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
You could try to hire ( expensive ) a personal trainer to see how it works.Or you could approach a good one and just tell him what your intensions are and follow him/ her for a day or so if he is ok with it.You can find out at a local gym who a good trainer is and start from there..

metro

Brilliant_Rock
A great forum with personal trainers as memebers is 3fatchicks.com Post on the "exercise" section and I''m sure you''ll get a response.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
My brother is a professional coach and knows a lot about this -- I will ask him and pass along the answers -- but it may take awhile as he''s in his busy season right now.

I think it''s great that you are able to think about how to use what makes you happy in your personal life as a means of making a living!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks jas!

I just hope that this is something I''ll actually be able to follow through with. I just know I''ve never really been happy with any job I''ve had so something has to change. It would''ve been a lot easier if I''d thought about doing this oh, I don''t know, when I was still in college.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, I''ve thought about it too. I love fitness and working out, and I love teaching classes and helping people, so....

Watching the trainers come and go from my gym, it seems like many don''t stay long. I have to think it is due to the variable nature of the pay. The only one who has stuck around for any length of time is actually an employee of the gym. I think it would frustrate me to know from week to week how much I would be earning. Maybe after you build up an established client base, it is more regular.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results