shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody with BGD bezel studs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
About to make the purchase...I think. When I say about, I am getting married in May and graduating residency (but starting fellowship) a month later. I think this deserves a pressie to me from me. Oh, yah, and I have a birthday in April, too. So, extra paycheck coming in April. Looking to spend approx $1200-1300 (Max) on some diamond earrings- my first pair, in fact!

I like the BGD ones b/c my e-ring is yellow gold and all my other jewelry is white gold and silver. Hence the idea of the bezel, I'll finally have something to match the e-ring!!! And, I can get jackets later on to bling them up.

So, here are the questions before I pull the trigger: what is the actual diameter on the 0.3ct stud (I think they end up being 0.6-.7 ctw) after it is bezeled?

Is there anything you would change about them if you got them again?

Do you get much use out of them?

Thank you in advance!
35.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi beadchick, if you do a search a bunch should come up with detailed threads, as many PSers have these.

they are sooo pretty!!!!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I know! I've looked at them. They SEEM like they've got pretty good ear coverage. But, they don't talk about the actual measurements.

The other thing is, these are usually right after they get them. And they love them. I want to know if they wish they'd gotten a shorter post, screwback or friction back, bigger, not bigger- AFTER they've lived with them for a while. These are fairly expensive studs (at least to me they are), so I want to make sure its worth the money!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I got them from Whiteflash, but mine are leverbacks not studs. I went back and forth and got leverbacks--LOVE THEM! I wear them 24/7. I''m not sure of the measurements (mine are .25 ct each, so .5 tcw)they would be IMO the perfect size everyday stud as well. Sizeable for ear coverage, but not too overstated.

If I had gotten studs I would NOT have gotten screwbacks and I would have worn the plain posts with SUPAbacks.

Mine are definitely not shy:)

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Bella,
Whats the millimeter measurement on your .5 bezels?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Beadchick!
I have bezel studs from WF but I bought them through Lesley who is a dream to work w/ by the way. I bought them almost 2 years ago now and I still love them! (you should be able to find my thread about them). Mine are .31''s each, one is a J and one is K and they are both VS1, set in 18kt white gold. They are plenty big enough for me (and i''m kinda a size whore when it comes to diamonds) lol but I love this size in my ears.

I would like to add jackets at some point. Gypsy had some one time (sent for her to check out by BGD) and I tried them on w/ my bezel studs and they were super yummy!
9.gif

Hope this helps, what size are you thinking of getting?

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Hello fellow asscher fan! You had my dream wedding shoes btw- but I can't handle the heel height, so the stud idea was born.

I'm looking at about the same size as you have. I'd like the 0.3 carat diamonds each ear. Was looking at ctw 0.75, but am wondering if it matters, 0.6ctw vs 0.75, if bezeled?

My only worry is that I've been wearing cz asschers just about daily for the past 4 years (gasp! CZ???). They are white gold, approx 6mm diameter each one (too big I thought when I tried them on at first), and now I like that size distribution on my ear. I do NOT, however, have very big earlobes, so I'm happy in that mm distribution. I don't think I can get bigger and then jacket it later...my earlobes wont handle it!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I did? That''s so sweet
1.gif

You know before I got my bezels, I also wore cz studs for the longest time, i think they were 1.00 ctw RB''s in 14kt WG. And yes these are smaller (I had actually wanted .25''s each but they didn''t have those that were AGS graded so I went w/ the .31''s and I''m so happy. The avg diam of my diamonds are 4.36 mm and I''d say the bezel adds about another 1.5 mm total, bringing it up to almost 6 mm.

I have a bezeled .46 oec that I had BGD bezel for me last year. I''ll try to get a pic of it tonight next to my bezel studs to see if you can see a real difference. I think the diam on my oec is 5mm without the bezel (and the bezel is the same thinkness as my studs) so that''s about 6.5-7 mm total dia

I think you''ll love that size, especially because these little puppies really sparkle and it''s amazing how big they look because of that. They are little balls of fire!
10.gif

What color do you want for these? I ask because you can really save some $$ here. I can''t believe how white my j and k''s are, it''s amazing. It totally made these affordable.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
beadchick, I''m not sure of the mm measurement. I think the best thing to do might be to ask Lesley the mm of the bezel and then add that to the mm of the diamonds you want to use. I remember there were a few threads about that before, but there was some disagreement about the size. SO, it might be nice to just go to the source and be sure you have your info....

I had mine made with WFs ACA melee F VS1 and saved a ton of $ b/c they were "melee" diamonds. so worth it IMO.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also been thinking about getting graduation-present studs in the range of .25-.3ct each! But I''ve been agonizing over martinis versus bezels. In terms of size, my e-ring is .35ct and I held it up to my ear -- it was just a bit too big for my tastes, which makes me think that the .25-.3 range would be good. But that might not be true for you! According to the mm to carat conversion chart in the FAQs, a .25 is 4.1mm, a .3 is 4.2mm, and a .35 is about 4.5mm (estimated because the chart jumps from .33 to .38). Hope that helps a bit!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Asschergirl, Cant wait to see pics of the bezel necklace!!! That''s kind of the plan, next year: jackets. Year after, necklace. "Baby bling" right now, then when I am safely installed as a soccer-mom in the suburbs (and out of Chi-town), I''m going to the 8 prong white flash earrings (note the ''someday'' quality of this statement). But I saw pics of the 0.3 carats with the 8 prongs...not so nice.

Plus, I need to have something in yellow gold. FI picked the yellow gold thing, I wasn''t thrilled at first, but I''ve ''warmed'' up to it. I still like WG, and never did like platinum, but the whole point with the YG bezel is so that I can match. I''m getting some sort of ruby-yellow gold set from his parents on our wedding day, but I don''t think it''ll be everyday wear, and I go CRAZY every morning when I put my ring and earrings on.

Octavia, the martinis scare me. Not the 8 prong, but the three prong. All I hear about is how they bury themselves in your ears. I do not need to widen my ear holes any more, thank you very much. I actually forgot to wear earrings today (happens about once A YEAR), and I''m good. I don''t need stretching. And, you SHOULD get studs for graduation! Yes, you can spend it on other things, but the nice thing about this is a) you get a lot of mileage out of it and b) you need to celebrate your accomplishment. My deal with this is, if I''m good and pay off my car w/ the tax return, I can have the studs. If I don''t, I cant. The end.

So, I pulled the trigger today. I called BGD and spoke with Jamie about the earrings.

36.gif
Will probably get them in a month or two, if I''m good...

And Asshergirl, I still need to see that OEC necklace. What are the stats on that? My thought is, if I have YG, I can go to an I or J, right?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wearing my martini studs for 2 months straight and as long as you don''t push them super tight, I haven''t noticed any real difference in my ear holes.. just a thought.. not sure of the experiences of others, but it probably also depends on how big the stones are (i.e, how heavy they are)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had .31 ish bezel totalling .62 ctw from BGD, but the posts were pretty long for me, it was a bit uncomfortable from the back, but love love love the way it looked from the front, I have small lobes, so here is a picture on my ear, and another picture to give you some dimension, This was my previous ering at about 6.8mm width, so I''m just guessing that the bezel earrings spans at least 4mm at the edge of the bezel?

terr04.26.09%2011215.jpg

terr04.26.09%2011222.jpg

Reenie

Rough_Rock
I have the bezels in platinum and the stones are roughly 0.8ct in total. The bezel is dainty (adds maybe 1mm in total to the stone) but does add make the stones pop and of course the stones are super sparkly. I went for screwbacks as i wanted the extra security.

Wouldnt change a thing - i love them!!!

Hope that helps!!!

Karen

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Oh, D&T, I have to tell you, I''ve looked at the thread w/ the pictures you''ve posted so many times. I LOVE your bezel e-ring and band set. It makes me want to go RB.

You said "had." Did you get rid of the earrings? I''m wondering if they can make the post shorter for me and still allow me to add jackets later.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
hey beadchick! i wanted to weigh in on the discussion since i''m a fairly new owner of BGD bezel studs! my pair is .73 ctw, i had also asked lesley about the diameters with the added bezel. she said with a stone approximately .35 ct, the stud with the bezel has about the same diameter as .5 ct! this was great for me because i have small lobes, because i felt like i got more coverage for the price paid, and also because i wear my earrings 24/7 so the added security of the bezel was ideal.

that said, these earrings were a wedding gift, and yes i did get jackets as well!! i would not change a thing. i have worn the studs 24/7 since the wedding, and i love ''em! i did get screwbacks, which i know isn''t a popular choice around here... but they work well for me because i keep them in.

one last comment, if you are looking at yellow gold bezels, you definitely could find a pair of studs in your range. lesley found me a beautiful pair of Ks and they are super white, even when set in platinum, so i can imagine they''d probably look super super white in yellow gold!

best of luck!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
ysj99- I think we might be jewelry twins so far. I have a trellis e-ring: asscher 1.25 carat, also G, also VVS2. I saw your e-ring pics in another thread. Gorgeous. Love the re-set!

Do you have any ear shots of the earrings in their jackets? I have small ear lobes, too. So, this is why I'm looking at the bezels. So tempted on the jackets, though...

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased bezel studs from BGD, and they are 0.305 carats each. With the bezel setting they are around 5 mm in diameter, which is a good amount of ear coverage. I haven''t taken any pics of them in my ear yet, but once I do I will post them. By no means do they cover my whole earlobe, but they definitely are substantial on their own. (I think I have an average size earlobe.)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow D&T - I ADORE that photo of all your bezels... the yellow gold looks so rich and warm! :)

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I ordered them!!! They''re on the way, once the wire transfer thing works out. I''ll post the info as soon as I can figure it out. YEAHHH!!!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 11:29:07 PM
Author: D&T
I had .31 ish bezel totalling .62 ctw from BGD, but the posts were pretty long for me, it was a bit uncomfortable from the back, but love love love the way it looked from the front, I have small lobes, so here is a picture on my ear, and another picture to give you some dimension, This was my previous ering at about 6.8mm width, so I''m just guessing that the bezel earrings spans at least 4mm at the edge of the bezel?

terr04.26.09%2011215.jpg

terr04.26.09%2011222.jpg
I love your whole "family" of bezels... is a tennis bracelet next.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results