shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody use Clinique? I need help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beckycr04

Rough_Rock
hey
i actually work for clinique and it sounds like the consultant you were skin typed by had absolutley no idea what she was talking about. if you''re oily, you should''ve been in the oily bar soap, clarifying lotion 4 and Dramatically Different Gel. with any skin care product, breakouts are likely to occur because the skin care system is flushing out the dirt and oil in clogged pores. once that step passes, (which should take less than a full week) your skin should def feel more comfortable.

i actually just had to sign up for this because it really pissed me off that someone didn''t take the time to work with you on your skin. People like that really shouldn''t be in a profession that deals with listening to a persons needs. i hope you''re not discouraged from using the 3step system. it''s rated the number 1 skin care system in the world. Clinique is starting Bonus time again soon in stores all over. (In case you want to get some more freebies
emwink.gif
)

Take care :)
Becky

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beckycr04 makes a very good point.

The reality is that people have different skin types - and can also have allergies to certain ingreadients. What works for one usually does not work for another.

There are litterly hundreds of cosmetic lines out there - and they all have some sort of skin care products. Some only have one option - others have multiple options in order to cover most people. Some people have to to mix and match across skin care "types" within a cosmetic line because their skin type falls between the "normal" classifications. Thus, there can be some trial and error involved with finding what works.

It is also true that there is a difference between just cleansing and moisturizing with basic products - or with products that have been adjusted with additives that are known to help the skin (or certain types of skin). Some of these aditives are not cheap and you will not find them in the lower cost line of skin care products.

Clinique is a higher class brand that would tend to have products aimed at improving the skin tone. So is the brand I use.

I use Artistry Skin care products - it is the only way that I can shave due to my sensitive skin (yes, guys can use skin care products - yes it helps a lot).

In my case I have to mix and match within the Artistry line of products: Thus I use Clarifying Foaming Cleanser - meant for Normal to Oily skin, then Delicate Care Calming Moisturizer meant for Sensitive Skin. I finish up with Alpha Hydroxy Serum Plus. I do not use a toner as it did not seem to add anything in my case.

My face looks and feels great.

As far as the gals at the cosmetic counters. While I no longer talk to them routinely about skin care and cosmetics (there once was a time) - I will say that my memories are that not that many of them really knew skin typing and issues well (if at all). I actually studied up on it years ago with the thought that I could sell skin care and cosmetics (and I''m partially color blind). It did not work well for me, but I still have all the educational material on skin types and how cleansers and moisturizers are made and work.

I hope all of you find what works for you. I tend towards products I can order from the internet.

Perry

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Becky- Thanks! I actually went back and returned the extra mild soap for the next level up... When I went back the other consultants agreed that I should not have been given that. I have been using that and it seems to be fine now.. No oiliees and I don''t get dryed out either.. I use it in combination with another brand too though.. (I switch on and off).. But overall my skin looks and feels good now..
And I LOOOOOOVE all about eyes..

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 4:22:44 PM
Author: MrsFrk
If it ain''t broke...

Bar soap causes many people to break out.

I consider the 3 Step System to be crappy products for an outrageous price.

Tallow soap, alcohol toner, mineral oil based moisturizer.

Return it, and stick with what is working.

Yes! What Mrs.Frk sed.. I worked for Clinique briefly in the early nineties. Stick to your first regime and see a dermatologist otherwise. Clinique is all abt sales.
38.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I like their foaming face cleanser and that''s about it. The 3 step just about killed my poor wimpy sensitive skin! But, the Clinique superbalm for lips is the best stuff ever made! A bit sticky, but you''ll never have chapped lips again, and your lips will be all pretty and shimmery!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I use Clinique makeup, not as much as I used too mainly because it''s expensive and I''ve found cheaper stuff that works just as well. I was using their 3-step thing, I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. It helped a lot, however, my skin started getting used to it and it stopped working, I was breaking out really bad around my nos/check area. I would still recommend Clinique however, I had used it for years without a problem.

I would take it back. The Clinique lady could have misdiagnosed your skin..or it could just be that your skin is not yet used to the product and is just reacting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results