shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody purchased from "Sapphire Ring CO."...thoughts?

keen

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Anyone dealt with this company? Or thoughts on their offerings?

http://www.sapphirerings.org/

Pictures look honest and realistic. Stones mostly seem to come with GIA certs, and fairly detailed appraisals for the complete rings. The replacement values are high of course but the appraisals themselves look like they give good detail about clarity, tone and intensity.

Would love some input as I have not heard of them previously...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not heard of this company but it looks very interesting. The labs used are either GIA or AIGS. I could not find any loose stones, all were mounted, even those in the loose sapphire section. Without hand shots though, I don't have a proper colour reference to base colour accuracy on. The review period is extremely short (2 days?) in order to get a full refund.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I thought odd is that the url ends with .org, which I thought was reserved for nonprofit organizations. :confused:

LekiliRN

Rough_Rock
It's been a few years since this thread was started, and I am also curious if this company is better known now or if anyone on here has purchased anything through them? My SO and I are looking at sapphires/sapphire rings for my engagement ring, and I have fallen for several of their rings. While I would still consider myself a "newbie" when it comes to evaluating colored stones, I feel like this company does appear to sell quality rings for reasonable prices. He and I are trying to decide...1)whether to take a leap of faith and purchase something premade from sapphirerings.org or similare website, 2)try to source a sapphire on our own and then have it set by a local jeweler in a custom setting, or 3)go brave the LA Diamond District (we are in San Diego).

Any thoughts on any of the above are welcome!

Thanks,
Leslie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps it is their photography but almost all their sapphires look overly dark to the point of looking black. There is only a handful that are a brighter and more saturated blue. Not having seen their jewellery in person, I cannot evaluate the quality and workmanship of their rings. GemFix is in the San Diego area and is worth a visit (by appointment only).
http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_blue.html

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also don't like that they're appraised in-house, or they obtain their own appraisals. All appraisals should be done by a neutral third party in order to avoid a conflict of interest, and obtained by the buyer. I know I'm nitpicking now, but it drives me nuts when a vendor states that a stone is "GIA certified" or lab certified. Labs don't certify anything, they just issue reports which are OPINIONS, and are not 100% fullproof.

All their stones look very dark to me, so I agree with Chrono. Take for example, this stone, which actually looks kind of nice in the photo, but in the video, it's very dark and unsaturated, and in the GIA report as well.

http://www.sapphirerings.org/sapphire-jewelry/sapphire-engagement-rings/blue-sapphire-engagement-rings/platinum-6-04-ct-blue-natural-sapphire-diamond-ring-2826.html

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
TL|1428414847|3857920 said:
I also don't like that they're appraised in-house, or they obtain their own appraisals. All appraisals should be done by a neutral third party in order to avoid a conflict of interest, and obtained by the buyer. I know I'm nitpicking now, but it drives me nuts when a vendor states that a stone is "GIA certified" or lab certified. Labs don't certify anything, they just issue reports which are OPINIONS, and are not 100% fullproof.

All their stones look very dark to me, so I agree with Chrono. Take for example, this stone, which actually looks kind of nice in the photo, but in the video, it's very dark and unsaturated, and in the GIA report as well.

http://www.sapphirerings.org/sapphire-jewelry/sapphire-engagement-rings/blue-sapphire-engagement-rings/platinum-6-04-ct-blue-natural-sapphire-diamond-ring-2826.html

I would not agree that a lab report is just "an opinion" because it is not 100% foolproof.
There is a difference between an analysis which uses regulated tests and compares observable features, as opposed to an "opinion", such as, "All their stones look very dark to me".

LekiliRN

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses. Maybe it's my monitor, but most didn't look overly dark to me. However, I'm not a fan of the very light, almost lavender appearing Ceylon sapphires. I didn't notice that about the in house appraisals, so thank you for pointing that out.
I just recently realised that Gem Fix was here in San Diego, and I will definitely have to make an appointment. I love some of his Montana blue "denim" sapphires! Thanks again...this is such a great community for knowledgeable advice...not to mention drool worthy ring photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results