shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody out there? I could use some company

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
hun if you can''t sleep try chamomile tea :) it can help relax you and make you feel drowsy

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Hope you''re having an easy day today, and feeling much, much better. When you get home, try to get some good, sound, sleep
24.gif

((hugs))

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww princesss, I''m so sorry to hear you weren''t feeling well last night! I hope today is much better.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. My boss told me to tell him when I got tired so that I could leave. I''m home now and on my way to bed! I can''t believe I''m actually tired. This is the most exciting (in a good way) thing that''s happened to me in 72 hours.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Excellent news! Good luck getting some sleep - I''m sure you''ll feel like a whole new person when you wake up
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, have been there. There are certain drugs that makes my heart race, hands clammy, makes me shivery and there was no way I could sleep with my heart jumping off my chest A doctor told me that there is a content in certain drugs that would do this to some people so I was told to avoid them.

Ok, just went to refer to a note the doctor wrote. It is drugs that contain norephedrine or pseudophedrine - not sure if I spelt it correctly because doctors'' handwriting are quite impossible to read. Sometimes I wonder if the reason why they scribble is because they cannot spell the long names of drugs.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry you got no sleep last night and still had to go in to work but YAY for being home now and tired. Catch some Zzzzzzs for me! I only have 10 pages, but it''s something. Technically it''s 1/4 of what I need! I''ll be thinking about you and hoping you wake up mended and healthy.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:25:36 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Yeah, have been there. There are certain drugs that makes my heart race, hands clammy, makes me shivery and there was no way I could sleep with my heart jumping off my chest A doctor told me that there is a content in certain drugs that would do this to some people so I was told to avoid them.

Ok, just went to refer to a note the doctor wrote. It is drugs that contain norephedrine or pseudophedrine - not sure if I spelt it correctly because doctors' handwriting are quite impossible to read. Sometimes I wonder if the reason why they scribble is because they cannot spell the long names of drugs.

It's that dang pseudoephdrine! That's what got me. I just can't get over it. I have a heart condition. I told my doctor about my heart condition, and about my meds. I should not have been advised to get that. I get so frustrated when doctors don't listen. Oh well. I'm never taking that stuff again.

And Wishful, I'm up and feeling fantastic. I didn't want to sleep from 1 until who knows when, so I set an alarm. I had GREAT dreams. And, as a bonus, I get to see The Office!

Okay, I also want to mention how incredibly wonderful my BF is. He's spent the past few days 6 hours away, in the town we went to school in, and he's run around to find my best friends so I can talk to them and cheer up. And I called him this afternoon when I drove home (because I couldn't find anybody to carpool with), I put him on speaker and he kept me focused on getting home. I wasn't completely worried that anything would happen, but I felt like it would be best to have somebody keeping me alert. So he put everything down and talked to me until I got home. I am so completely lucky to have him.
30.gif

Oh, and Wishful, hooray for 10 pages! You've got this down.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Doctors can be the WORST sometimes. I know they have a lot to juggle and a ton of little details to keep in mind with every patient, but I have had WAY too many experiences with careless doctors not interested in the meds I''m taking and ending in some really rotten situations. I''m sorry you had to deal with it too.
38.gif
But now you know! You can avoid this eeeevil medication for the rest of forever.

Great dreams, The Office, feeling fantastic... what more could a girl want?
2.gif
Except of course your darling boyfriend. He is such a cutie! It''s so sweet that he''s there for you even though he is so far away. Being far away sucks, but knowing he''s willing to do the little things makes it all that much better.
30.gif

As for the thesis--HAH. I''m glad you believe in me... someone has to, since I don''t believe in myself! Off to *actually* do some more on it instead of whining and feeling sorry for myself.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, well I''m not talking to you until you get at least 5 more pages. So go, twinnie, go!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
SO what am I doing? Researching immigration guidelines to Canada.
20.gif
I''m so sick of living here. If the US doesn''t want me I''ll find someplace else to live!
25.gif
[Only half joking.] Okay, I really, really should be doing this. I bet I can write 5 pages in the next few hours!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
5 pages yet?

I know what you mean about not being able to handle it anymore. I''m like that (for different reasons, and for the same reason). I guess I want to be someplace interesting where I feel free to be me and my friends can be themselves. But then, I get bored easily, and almost always want to change locations.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I wrote 2 more so far so I have 11, and I've fixed a major structural/organizational issue I was having, so yay for that. The margins aren't fully formatted yet, so we'll see how long it becomes when I set the left side at 2''. Like magic! Too bad I have no idea how to format margins in Word 2003.
38.gif
Progress, though!

I think Canada sounds plenty interesting, but it's scary researching immigration stuff. It sounds like a huge headache so maybe I'll just bide my time here and hope that someday things improve. I figure it's inevitable, so just a question of when. I think what is motivating me to be apprehensive about moving right now is that I'll be relocating to CA from MA, so in some ways it's a bit of a downgrade. Then again, in some ways it's an upgrade! Who knows. The geek in me wants to study law in Canada sooooo badly because their constitution is pretty cool. Law school in any country, though, doesn't seem like an especially transferable skill, so then I'd be stuck there.
20.gif

Babble, babble, procrastinate, boring you...
14.gif

Are you still feeling better?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 9:48:37 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Well, I wrote 2 more so far so I have 11, and I''ve fixed a major structural/organizational issue I was having, so yay for that. The margins aren''t fully formatted yet, so we''ll see how long it becomes when I set the left side at 2''. Like magic! Too bad I have no idea how to format margins in Word 2003.
38.gif
Progress, though!

I think Canada sounds plenty interesting, but it''s scary researching immigration stuff. It sounds like a huge headache so maybe I''ll just bide my time here and hope that someday things improve. I figure it''s inevitable, so just a question of when. I think what is motivating me to be apprehensive about moving right now is that I''ll be relocating to CA from MA, so in some ways it''s a bit of a downgrade. Then again, in some ways it''s an upgrade! Who knows. The geek in me wants to study law in Canada sooooo badly because their constitution is pretty cool. Law school in any country, though, doesn''t seem like an especially transferable skill, so then I''d be stuck there.
20.gif

Babble, babble, procrastinate, boring you...
14.gif

Are you still feeling better?

Nah, you''re not boring me. BF is interested in law, but both of us are concerned that he wouldn''t be able to move often, and moving is something I plan on doing a fair amount.

CA will be good for you guys, I think. I''ll be honest and say it''s far from my favourite state, but a lot of people really love it.

I''m feeling mostly better. There is still a little weirdness in my heart, but sleep should figure that out.

In totally crazy news, my friend from school is engaged and another one joined the Reserves. NOT what I was expecting from BF''s trip. It''s like he went on a trip that was half fun, half fact-finding. This is nuts! I think I had my first "Holy cow, my friends and I are GROWN-UPS!" moment.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I gave up on law as a career recently also. I think I will just have a lot more fun being a professor! Interestingly enough that should provide us with a lot of opportunities to move around and explore the country... not that we have a ton of options, really, but at least there are an abundance of colleges and universities in both MA and CA. I prefer to stay out of what we think of as unsafe territory, even though I know a lot of people live there happily their entire lives. I think it would be a bit too much of a culture shock after so many years of blue-state living.
41.gif

Why don''t you like CA? I have never lived there, but I think I''ll like it. I
30.gif
the ocean, and we''ll probably be living near the coast!

I''m glad you''re feeling better and hope the weirdness in your heart goes away with more sleep. How funny that your BF''s trip turned into a fact-finding mission! The grown-ups thing is very weird. I am definitely having an on-set of that sort of thinking right now with graduation coming up and being married... yikes! It is so nuts!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 6:02:49 PM
Author: princesss

It''s that dang pseudoephdrine! That''s what got me. I just can''t get over it. I have a heart condition. I told my doctor about my heart condition, and about my meds. I should not have been advised to get that. I get so frustrated when doctors don''t listen. Oh well. I''m never taking that stuff again.
How irresponsible of your doctor!
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results