shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody ever buy from luckgems2005?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
It is an ebay seller and the price does not match what they are selling. 35 bucks for a jaw dropping supposedly unheated and untreated perfect colored blue sapphire! I emailed and ashed if they were certain it was untreated and if they could provide proof, I got back a "no treatment". I''m CERTAIN this can''t be legit but at the same time they have almost perfect feedback! Anybody ever deal with them?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 5:49:56 PM
Author:stepcutgirl
It is an ebay seller and the price does not match what they are selling. 35 bucks for a jaw dropping supposedly unheated and untreated perfect colored blue sapphire! I emailed and ashed if they were certain it was untreated and if they could provide proof, I got back a ''no treatment''. I''m CERTAIN this can''t be legit but at the same time they have almost perfect feedback! Anybody ever deal with them?
I wouldn''t trust them as far as I can throw them. My friend, who is a dealer and avid ebayer with colored gems, doesn''t trust them either. If a blue sapphire on ebay looks too good to be true, then it probably is

1) diffused
2) synthetic
3) photoshopped

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Can''t be real..

Think of it this way, it is being sold for less than the rough cost =/

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Thats what I thought I''m just not sure why their feedback is so great.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Well, as to why the feedback is so great... how many people are going to take their $35 stone to get it appraised and then complain about it? Not many. Most will probably be assuming that it''s synthetic or diffused anyway.

Actually, I once dealt with a Thailand ebay seller who sold me a stone that was NOT even the (advertised diffused) stone in the auction (the measurements were entirely different, and it was really ugly) -- I complained, sent it back, and they sent me a new stone that was marginally less ugly. I think I ended up not giving any feedback -- I didn''t want to give positive feedback, but they did make an effort to placate me and probably with postage and stuff didn''t end up making a lot of money on the deal, so I didn''t feel comfortable giving negative feedback. I imagine a lot of ebayers feel pretty similarly.

Now, if the feedback said, "I went and got this appraised, and it appraised for $4000"... then you might think about taking it seriously (that is, if you were sure the feedback wasn''t left by shills for the seller, which happens as well)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good point dw.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Luckygems2005- You inform me new addr. Where correct address?

Is this person even fluent in english? haha
Those reviews were so entertaining

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't able to get to the bad reviews. There were so many by page ten I was done looking! Thanks for posting that for me though.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just on the topic of toolhaus f/b, I''ve always been curious, when you see all these glowing reviews and
than underneath Ebay have posted
" Rating withdrawn by eBay
Buyer didn''t respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction. Learn more."

You only ever see these on the really positive reviews for overwhelmingly crappy sellers - does
this mean these are the shills?

As in the following:

Incredible luster for rubies-this is the eBay seller to buy from-a 5 star asset!

No longer a registered user Feb-21-08 13:42

Rating withdrawn by eBay
Buyer didn''t respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction. Learn more

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:56:06 PM
Author: arjunajane
Just on the topic of toolhaus f/b, I''ve always been curious, when you see all these glowing reviews and

than underneath Ebay have posted

'' Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn''t respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction. Learn more.''

You only ever see these on the really positive reviews for overwhelmingly crappy sellers - does

this mean these are the shills?

As in the following:

Incredible luster for rubies-this is the eBay seller to buy from-a 5 star asset!

No longer a registered user Feb-21-08 13:42

Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn''t respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction. Learn more

Yup, that would be shilling. Although sometimes they will actually mark stuff as paid by claiming they sent money orders and such, so it doesn''t show up like this. This seller is obvious a little slow on the uptake!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it''s too good to be true, it is. All vendors are out to make a living. No one is going to knowingly sell at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results