shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody buy from Whiteflash lately?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hitched?Pilot

Rough_Rock
I had a great experience with Lesley over at whiteflash. She answered all of my questions...(I had a bunch) and was very courteous and helpful.

My question is more for customers of whiteflash, this time.

Whiteflash provides a sarin report and "letter of verification" with their diamonds...
My TWO questions are this...Is their "ih-house" sarin report trustworthy and valid? Is their letter of verification good enough for an insurance policy?I.E.-should I double check their test and do I need to get another appraisal besides their letter of verification?
Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla may be able to help you with this as she just bought her 3rd stone (2nd?) from WF and had an experience with the in house verification and sarin...her ID is Kayla17 if you want to PM her to ask. She also posted a few weeks back on this. I think it was that WF will not give you the letter of verification if you get an external appraisal I think? A new policy where this is the case? I am not too sure...but I recall some posts about it. Try an archive search. Best to get all the info so you are prepared.

Good luck!!

DKS

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/11/2003 3:30
6.gif
2 PM Hitched?Pilot wrote:

My question is more for customers of whiteflash, this time.

Whiteflash provides a sarin report and "letter of verification" with their diamonds...
My TWO questions are this...Is their "ih-house" sarin report trustworthy and valid? Is their letter of verification good enough for an insurance policy?I.E.-should I double check their test and do I need to get another appraisal besides their letter of verification?
Thanks!
----------------

I just received my diamond and ring from Whiteflash last Friday, September 5th. I can tell you from personal experience that Whiteflash delivered everything they promised and more.

Although, it is unclear as to what exactly you are purchasing, I can tell you that Mr. Gavin performed all the tests I requested, personally, and in front of me at their office. However, I should note that I do live in Houston and my office is in close proximity to their office.

As far as the Sarin goes, if Whiteflash has the diamond in their possession I expect that Mr. Gavin does the Sarin right there in his office on their Sarin machine. If you are requesting a diamond that they don't have in their possession, you are probably getting either the diamond owner's sarin report or a sarin run by Whiteflash once they have the diamond on memo from the owner. I had no reason to doubt the Sarin, as I saw the machine and test performed in my presence. I think you should ask.

I regards to the verfication, I would guess it depends on your insurance carrier. My carrier required an appraisal. Thus, I paid for an appraisal.

I did not deal with Leslie, so I can provide no feedback other than Bob was equally as helpful and diligent in allaying any fears I had during the process. Likewise, Mr. Gavin is the best. All involved went out of their way to make my dreams come to reality. Really, what better recommendation do you need.

If Bob is lurking around, maybe he can post the photos of the ring they made for me. If you saw the custom work they did, you would be impressed. Moreover, although I did not purchase a RB, I did have Whiteflash use their Cut Above H&A goods in the custom ring. They are stunning.

Hope this helps you in your quest. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Best Regards,

DKS

Hitched?Pilot

Rough_Rock
Well, I got my diamond today. It is stunning. First the specs:
1.00 Round GIA cert
G-VS1
6.38x6.41x3.94
med-slttk
61.7% deep
57.4% table
pavilion angle 40.5
crown angle 34.5
No flor & No Culet
HCA 0.6 3-excellents and a very good for spread

I love it!!I didn't want to give it up to the jeweler to set it, and it isn't even for me. (He's doing a custom deal with a couple 4.5mm ceylon blue sapphires in platinum. The basket setting is pretty standard, but the custom work is the band. Varying widths and stuff.) Lesley at whiteflash was fantastic to me. Although, i did take it to get it appraised and measured by an independent appraiser locally. It was nearly exact on the sarin and everything else matched up to the GIA cert.
The $85 for the appraiser may seem like a waste to some, but it is a good investment in my own peace of mind.
Cheers, Stephen

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Whiteflash provides a letter of verification for all diamonds sold. A letter of verification is not an appraiisal. It is a letter stating that the diamond and the Diamond Grading Report (GIA or AGS) are the same and there is no damage to the diamond. There is a value listed by the appraiser but that is not an appraisal.

DKS
Thank you for your kind words. We have the pictures of your ring and will put them up shortly.

matrix

Rough_Rock
I recently bought ACA G color SI2 Round diamond from Whiteflash. I have been dealing with Bob over the phone for quite many times and he has been very helpful for every questions i asked. They ship very fast and product is great. I highly recommand it and will do business with them again if i need any more diamond in the future.

love.gif
appl.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
OK DKS - here we go......as requested, your magnificent custom made ring!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

PrincessReaper.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DKS,

Very Unique band w/engraving and nice design. One of the nicest custom rings i have seen in a while although we all have our preference...Glad you had a great experience with Whiteflash.

Wow...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
wavey.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Whiteflash does not give a letter of verification with each diamond sold. I did not receive one for my new diamond. I was told if I got an independent appraisal for my diamond, they would not send one to me.

Here is a copy of the email that Denise sent me when I asked for one:

Since your diamond was shipped to David Atlas for evaluation, a verification letter was not done. Our independent appraiser views all diamonds before shipping, but is now only issuing verification letters for those customers who choose not to have their diamond sent to their own appraiser. If a customer pays an independent appraiser for an appraisal for insurances purposes, there is no use for the verification letter.

I hope this clears things up and that there is no misunderstanding.

Warmest Regards,

Denise Newberg
Diamond Consultant

DKS

Rough_Rock
Lesley, although I didn't get the opportunity to meet or speak with you, thanks for posting the pictures. I think WF did an incredible job.

For people that are apprehensive about spending large sums of money, a picture speaks a thousand words, and these pictures just reinforce my statements.

Scorpion thanks for the kind words. This is what my lady wanted, so that is exactly what she got. She loves it. The ring is unique and so is she; thus they make a great match. Hopefully, they'll let me hang around awhile.

For others out there considering WF, please know that these days it is hard to find people that do good work and as promised. WF did everything they promised, and with me that goes a looooooooooong way.

DKS

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful & elegant ring!

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results