shape
carat
color
clarity

any1 hear of "J bell" settings...maybe spelled wrong...HELP....w/in

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
My local jeweler has a setting from the "J Bell" line. I may be spelling this wrong. He says it''s like the mercedez benz of settings. However I cannot find one damn website with this name. Am I being taken???

Help!

Robert O.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Your jeweler must be old timey. Yes, the settings are quality. They are fabricated (die struck?) in such a way that makes the setting more durable. My original e-ring was set with a Jaybel (jaybell - don't know the spelling) and held up for 10 years (maybe longer - I reset it). Actually, I reset it using the original head (which is still going strong). They have a website. I found it once way back. Ask your jeweler the spelling.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Jabel. Sure there's a website?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wouldn't say that Jabel is the mercedez benz of settings but they are very good and they are one of the oldest ring companies in America. They are somewhat limited in the number of designs that they have but if you like one of their designes, you can't go wrong.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/12/2003 2:30:45 PM elmo wrote:

Jabel. Sure there's a website?
----------------

Yep, I just don't know the spelling. I could have been on a "setting site" which featured the settings though. I research the setting when I was figuring out what to set my anniv. stone as I had been pleased with their quality. Some of my other friends settings (non-jabel) had really suffered some damage.

Diamondbob is quite correct. Their settings are very basic & not a wide variety. Mine was a simple tiffany style.

Good luck.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Sure he didn't mean JB Star? Their settings are amazing, and usually cost around $5,000 and up just for the semimount. www.jbstar.com .

Happy browsing!

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/12/2003 8:41:34 PM TheDiamondangel wrote:

Sure he didn't mean JB Star?
----------------
That's a joke, right?
1.gif
They are on opposite ends of the engagement ring spectrum.

Nice pieces, though.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
I found that the correct spelling is in fact "Jabel" Some of you who posted had it right. I really like the plat setting #1043 however the jewerler says it's around 1100 bucks. The same in white gold is like 490. I'm kinda thinking about white gold now however I would like to see other websites that offer the jabel name to compare prices.

Does anyone know of a website that sells the line. I am quite good at finding info online however it's almost like "jabel" doesn't exist in the online world.

Thanks!

Robert O.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/14/2003 1:46:29 PM vandelay101 wrote:

Does anyone know of a website that sells the line. I am quite good at finding info online however it's almost like "jabel" doesn't exist in the online world.

Thanks!

Robert O.
----------------

Funny, I did a google search on Jaybel. Couldn't find anything. But, I know I am not crazy. Last year, I pulled up something with lots of examples of Jaybel settings.

Gosh, the settings sound expensive. I know we paid a premium 20 years ago; but, I don't remember it being *that* much. Are you purchasing the stone from the jeweler? If so, you should receive a discount.

Good luck.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
No I purchased the stone online at DirtCheapDiamonds. I'm having a problem at the local stores because i'm sick of the the markup. I wanted to buy the setting from DCD's and have it set locally however DCD would not let anyone use their setting but them. I just have a problem buying soemthing w/out seeing it first. Sure I can have it shipped to me but then i'll be out $$ if i don't decide I like it. What does it take about 5 secs to know once you see something if you don't like it.

I love the jabel setting at my local store but 1000+ is rediculouse escpecially since I only paide 1300 for the stone. plus they want 75 bucks to mount the sucker. Plus like 70 tax. RIPOFF! They had a ripoff of a d'vatche xprong for 1200 bucks. The damn vatche itself is only 1000.

flustered,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results