shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am having a lazy Sunday and decided to look for a setting for my grey heart shaped diamond. Decided against a ring and think a necklace will be better so ............... have found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250910802841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Problem is (a) price after adding on the extras for better diamonds and (b) price plus customisation and (c) LOGR's hit and miss quality. So, I'd rather get this made elsewhere and avoid the customisation fee (my diamond will fit a 6mm setting).

Any ideas who I can get to replicate this and adjust to fit my stone? This is probably a standard setting - do you think Lanbo has access to it?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LD, great idea for the pendant!! This way everyone can enjoy it! As for the mounting, I have no help to give, just a comment. I'm not usually a "super bling" kind of girl, but this looks AMAZING!!! I hope you can find it reasonably priced. Can't wait to see the finished version!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Uppy. Despite owning a few :o I'm not really into hearts but I'm often looking for something dark to wear as a necklace so I reckon this may be the way to go! Glad you like it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I was going to ask you where you were with your grey diamond. Lanbo often copies LOGR and vice versa. I think it's worth a chance to ask him. He's done a great job for me with my custom work. I also don't need to upgrade diamonds either. Although, with LOGR, I do notice that if you pay a higher price, then the diamond quality is better, but yes, it is more of a hit or miss.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know. Thanks TL. I had no idea they copied each other but wondered if it were possible. I'll shoot Lanbo an email and see what he says.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD this probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway :bigsmile: I have exactly one setting from LOGR, so take this with a grain of salt, but it is the lightest weight of all my settings; it will do the trick, but it won't be any heirloom. I like the look of many of their settings but am afraid to try again. I love your grey diamond and hope that the setting is worthy of the stone...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minoux - I appreciate the warning. I agree that some of their settings are seriously light-weight but I have had one or two that have really surprised me! I doubt whether this would fit in that category though! I'm pretty certain it comes down to price point with LOGR and you pay for what you get! If Lanbo can re-create it, I think I may have a chance of something befitting of my grey diamond :bigsmile:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont know about setting quality but the design is a winner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results