shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this sketch? (Beryl pendant)

nojs

Shiny_Rock
4B35F828-9905-468D-92ED-5C7DBAD78D59.jpeg A while back I bought a beautifully cut rare Finnish beryl. I took it to a local bench / jewelry store and they draw this sketch of a pendant. Does anyone have any thoughts? Both rows are tourmaline melee.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love with that sketch! I think it looks incredible!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4B35F828-9905-468D-92ED-5C7DBAD78D59.jpeg A while back I bought a beautifully cut rare Finnish beryl. I took it to a local bench / jewelry store and they draw this sketch of a pendant. Does anyone have any thoughts? Both rows are tourmaline melee.
The design is great, just be careful that they soften those pointy bits to avoid being too pointy. What color tourmaline melee are you thinking about?

I'm not sure what size or color you want, but @Bron357 is selling some lovely tanzanite melee.
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/vivid-tanzanite-melee-3mm-round

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty! I like it a lot.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The colors are beautiful. That’s going to be very striking!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic design, go for it!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The design is lovely. Will you have contrasting tourmalines? If, it’s something like pink, I would go for a lighter pink rather than a bold pink because your beryl is light.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the sketch too!
DK :love:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the colors together. It's going to be exquisite!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The design is lovely. Will you have contrasting tourmalines? If, it’s something like pink, I would go for a lighter pink rather than a bold pink because your beryl is light.

Oh silly me, I see the colors now! That’s very pretty.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a thought, would opening the base add more sparkle? Maybe using a filigree design to let some light into the back of the stone, or some design that enhances the beautiful shape. Otherwise, the sketch is gorgeous.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! The first row is greenish and the second light blue. They have the melee in question. The melee stones definitely need to be light colors in order not to over power the main stone. The cut design of the beryl is very pointy and I’d like the pendant to reflect that. I should probably tell them not make them too sharp though.

Thank you suzanne2 of your suggestion of the filigree. I’all have to think about that. I’d like to keep the feeling quite modern.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting stone and design.

Never saw Finnish beryls, they must be indeed rare.

Good luck with setting!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

I was wondering about whether you were going w. a hidden bail or if you were going to have the necklace attached to the corners of the pendant. I would suggest a thicker necklace if attached to the pendant...just for security since the stone looks substantial and with a double halo....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results