shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this LGD?

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
IGI LG600398107 (corrected, woops)

clueless over here, thank you for your time!

Last edited:

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
IGI LG600336456

clueless over here, thank you for your time!

Also, strange. Used the hca tool, twice separately for the same IGI report. And came.backnwothb2 completely different assessments.

Can a diamond be looked up by its SKU?

Maybe I put the wrong diamond in the second time and thought it was the same?

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Welp.. looks like I put the wrong diamond.

Here is the correct IGI, if any one has any thoughts on the diamond.

IGI. LG600398107

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hello @welpwelp! I wasn't able to find a video for this diamond. But the angles aren't what are considered ideal here on PS. The crown angle is steep at 35.7. Usually, we like to see 34-35. But a video would be super helpful.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not a huge fan of this diamond. Here are a couple other options for you to take a look at.

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Hello @welpwelp! I wasn't able to find a video for this diamond. But the angles aren't what are considered ideal here on PS. The crown angle is steep at 35.7. Usually, we like to see 34-35. But a video would be super helpful.

Thanks so much for the insight and candor!

This should be the video for it, hoping the video sheds more light on the diamond.

The middle image option I think is the one that shows the video, hmm

welpwelp

Rough_Rock

I'm not a huge fan of this diamond. Here are a couple other options for you to take a look at.

Very much appreciate your input and tips for some other options. Thank you, kindly!

Looks like you found a video of it too, thanks so much for posting that.

Would you say there are some objective positives about the diamond even though it's not something you'd lean towards suggesting?

Would be set in a six prong 14k white gold 2mm solitaire band I believe.

Thanks again for your time and sharing.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very much appreciate your input and tips for some other options. Thank you, kindly!

Looks like you found a video of it too, thanks so much for posting that.

Would you say there are some objective positives about the diamond even though it's not something you'd lean towards suggesting?

Would be set in a six prong 14k white gold 2mm solitaire band I believe.

Thanks again for your time and sharing.

You're welcome! The diamond is not terribly bad, but it does have some pavilion twist and potential leakage under the table due to the crown angle being too high for the 40.8 pavilion.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, welpwelp!
Exactly what Kim N said - it has proportions and cut precision issues that are affecting to the optical symmetry and optical performance.
What's your budget cap for just the loose diamond so that we can go to work with suggesting a lot of alternatives for you to look at and pick from?

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
You're welcome! The diamond is not terribly bad, but it does have some pavilion twist and potential leakage under the table due to the crown angle being too high for the 40.8 pavilion.

Thanks so much for your input! Very much appreciated

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, welpwelp!
Exactly what Kim N said - it has proportions and cut precision issues that are affecting to the optical symmetry and optical performance.
What's your budget cap for just the loose diamond so that we can go to work with suggesting a lot of alternatives for you to look at and pick from?

Thanks for chiming in, it helps give me insight on what's going on with this diamond.

So, I already purchased and secured it a bit before the post. I approached this backwards, didn't know this was a resource. Request and ASEt and IdealScope images of the diamond. It's supposed should be here set in a ring around the 19th.

Was trying to get an idea of what to expect.

If for some reason when I get the ring, it's poorly crafted or the wrong diamond perhaps or something that wasn't detailed, I'll look into alternatives.

I think the total for setting and diamond was 650 ish, for what it's worth.

Hoping that from a layman's POV the diamond will be as beautiful as it is meaningful. Even if it could have been or could be a much better diamond.

Thanks so much to all that took the time and energy to give advice and thoughts!

If anyone wants to chime in on the positives of the diamond, that would be greatly appreciated. I guess approaching the diamond without contrasting it to other diamonds. That may not be a realistic question to pose, outside of the input already shared.

Thanks again!

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Looks like the order is able to be amended, trying to see if I can secure one of the ones Kim suggested.

Any other diamonds maybe? It would be through ritani, and looking between .67 - .71 maybe

welpwelp

Rough_Rock

Looks like I may be able to secure this one you suggested

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
604393047 able to get the one Kim suggested for 292$

Not so much about the price, just putting in some context.

Open to other diamonds but I figure Kims suggestion should be fabulous

Thanks!

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Or this one in contrast to the one Kim suggested which was this one LG604393047

LG569305719

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this one in contrast to the one Kim suggested which was this one LG604393047

LG569305719

I like LG604393047 more than LG569305719 as it's a little more precisely cut.

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Thank you, 0-0-0

The merchant was able to swap the diamond I had for Kim's 1st suggestion, not secured yet though.

Very much appreciate that the one you suggested is smaller! Just not sure how it was contrast with other diamond options.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, welpwelp!
Unsure of your budget, but I filtered down to these. They would still need to be assessed for material quality, optical symmetry, and optical performance before you finalize a selection, if any.

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
Hello, welpwelp!
Unsure of your budget, but I filtered down to these. They would still need to be assessed for material quality, optical symmetry, and optical performance before you finalize a selection, if any.

Was hoping to land between 290 and 375 ish

Thanks!

If I can't get the previous suggestion from Kim secured, then I'll definitely diver back here. So even with good numbers and video, a ASET and IdealScope are (required?) Highly recommended? Correct hmm

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Was hoping to land between 290 and 375 ish

Thanks!

If I can't get the previous suggestion from Kim secured, then I'll definitely diver back here. So even with good numbers and video, a ASET and IdealScope are (required?) Highly recommended? Correct hmm

The cut precision and optics can be assessed to a pretty good degree from a good video, but not at the x-ray vision level that an ASET or Ideal-Scope will provide.

welpwelp

Rough_Rock
The cut precision and optics can be assessed to a pretty good degree from a good video, but not at the x-ray vision level that an ASET or Ideal-Scope will provide.

So grateful for you and the others kindness, time and candor. You all take your precious time to help all of us, very thankful for this space and the efforts you all share!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The piece is absolutely stunning thank you all again for sharing your time and energy to help this happen!

That's wonderful to hear! If you get a chance, I'd love to see photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results