shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
I am working on getting my ideas together for a custom wedding band; this is what I have so far. I know this forum is to show of your stones, but I have to get it all together first; after all I have to wear this the rest of my life. Anyhow, I wanted to get some comments before I actually make a desicion. This will be a mens ring, most likely in platinum, 5mm, with a .25ct center stone and .01-.05 side stones (yes the stones in the picture look a little bigger). I am playing with the ideas of using more side stones and possibly casting it in white gold to cut costs. I am thinking it would be best to chanel set both the center and side stones. Any improvements or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ring concept small.JPG

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I have no suggestions for improvement really, except that for a man''s band maybe 6 mm would be better?

Lovely, lovely design! Just beautiful. I love it. It reminds me of the Damiani rings.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s a cute ring. With that said, do you fiance like that ring also? Just curious because my fiance doesn''t even like the idea of any diamonds on his wedding band. I''ve seem so cute wedding band with a single diamond for men, and am trying to convince him to get one. It doesn''t seem to be working tho.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect looking thing
3.gif
really !

The looks is great, just make sure these are not thicker than dayly wear implies. Those Damiani wedding bands are also nice and made as dainty as the design allows, but on my finger they felt unconfortable. Probably on larger rings this is not much of a problem, but it is worth checking.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am the man of the relationship, but yes my fiance likes the ring too. She is actually jealous; se kept asking for a simple classic solitaire, so that''s what she got. Now she wants something more unique like this. The two things that I really like about this ring is
1) I think the side stones give it a very geometric/mechanical look almost like a ball bearing and
2)a solitaire chanel set or tension set allows a smaller diamond to show completely while still flush with the band a subtle (in a sense).
I wanted to make a mans ring that would show off a diamond while still looking masculine.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys.

Looks like i jumped the gun a bit. I had a chat with my man last night and it turns out he isn''t ready for marriage any time soon, he just likes talking about it. He says that when he proposes to me he want it to be because he''s totally ready as he wants to be a good husband. He feels that he needs a few years to be ready enough to take the responsibility.

I''m not upset because I agree with him ( we are only 24), and I appreciate his honesty. Also because he made it totally clear that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.
1.gif

So I think you should take me off the list. I clearly misread the situation.
25.gif

I will still visit here as I love eavesdropping on you guys and I love looking at the sparklies.

Book of Love- please do yourself a favour and talk to your man. Men''s minds are unfathomable and you can''t just guess whats happening. Maybe it is something as trivial as a bad day, but surely it is better to know something for certain and deal with it than to wonder and assume. I think that would be more damaging to you in the long run. Good luck.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
GAH I''m so embarrased! Ignore that last post it was meant for the ladies in waiting thread.
20.gif
I am such a dork.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only thing I don''t like about it is the larger diamond set in the band. I love those side stones, but besides that, it looks too "woman''s ring" to me. . I am really just not big on mends bands with much sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results