shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on this auction?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hriste

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 1.9 -2 carat SI1 stone, G-H color, and the best possible cut...

Anyone have any thoughts on this auction?

Thank you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2649224402&category=10217

Shape & Cutting Style: PRINCESS BRILLIANT - IDEAL CUT
Weight: 2.01 ct.t.w.
Est.Retail Replacement Value: $19500
Color: J
Clarity: VVS2
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry: Good

Russ

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
My thought is that I'd never spend more than several hundred dollars on any diamond without a lab report from the AGS or GIA, that doesn't have a money-back approval period, and that I couldn't have independently appraised. You are asking for trouble otherwise.

elgar

Rough_Rock
Keep in mind that when you get the ring and it is not as described it is going to cost you 10% or about $250 to return it plus shipping. Be careful, you dont get a $19,000 for $2,500!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Even though we cannot judge a stone by a pic, it looks a tad darker than J. Also, a 2cts+++ VVS stone without certificate? A stone like that (if it's actually J/VVS 2) should get a GIA or HRD report!
nono.gif

Third point, Ideal cut?
eek.gif
The table looks overly large!

So, if you get it for a fair price (let's say the cost of a K-L/VS stone), it could be a good bargain, but I wouldn't buy it thinking I'm getting a J/VVS 2 stone.
1.gif

hriste

Rough_Rock
Any suggestions on where I can find a 2.0 carat princess H stone, SI1 one, with the most ideal cut? I hate the fact that "ideal cut" doesnt neccesarily mean it is the most fiery/brilliant looking princess diamond. Leaving the person to resort to an eye comparsion test really doesnt appeal to me. Any suggestions on where to find an objective dealer? i dont have a problem working with an online reputable dealer.

thank you

russ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results