shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions on reliable retailers who do Moissanite bands?

zsheng

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a wedding band similar to this below.

I'm not very familiar with the moissanite market but after reading something about it, it seems to be a more cost-effective option compared to diamonds? I wonder if anyone can share some suggestions of moissanite retailers that do this type of ring? And is it going to be cheaper than diamond ones? thanks in advance!!

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Starsgem or Tianyu could definitely do this for a lot less money. I had something similar made by Starsgem for around $300. If you want white metal and get sterling silver, the price will go down even more - I had a full eternity ring made in silver that cost all of $70.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
There are also many vendors on Etsy who could do this band, it's a popular type design with a ton of variations. If you give any one of them a picture they will replicate it exactly, or just type in chevron/curved moissanite band and see what pops up.
This shop has 16k sales

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Moissanite bands are EVERYWHERE. And dirt cheap/brand new looking if you browse used. We don't abuse our jewelry, period. [no one does]. So if you're going cost savings I would look through Etsy, eBay, and loupe troop.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s my cheap and cheerful Moissanite band set in silver from AliExpress. From memory it was under $50 AU, probably around $30US maybe less.
I don’t have a tester to confirm it’s moissanite but it’s bright and sparkly.
I also have a 0.8tcw eternity from them.

zsheng

Rough_Rock
Starsgem or Tianyu could definitely do this for a lot less money. I had something similar made by Starsgem for around $300. If you want white metal and get sterling silver, the price will go down even more - I had a full eternity ring made in silver that cost all of $70.
Thanks for your suggestion! I looked into Startsgem it looks very nice.

zsheng

Rough_Rock
There are also many vendors on Etsy who could do this band, it's a popular type design with a ton of variations. If you give any one of them a picture they will replicate it exactly, or just type in chevron/curved moissanite band and see what pops up.
This shop has 16k sales

Smart idea to customize:)

zsheng

Rough_Rock
Here’s my cheap and cheerful Moissanite band set in silver from AliExpress. From memory it was under $50 AU, probably around $30US maybe less.
I don’t have a tester to confirm it’s moissanite but it’s bright and sparkly.
I also have a 0.8tcw eternity from them.
FD2AA551-3985-4C7D-823D-61135A3F2B0B.jpeg

This is beautiful!

zsheng

Rough_Rock
Welcome to the moissanite dark side! SQUIRREL! [inserts money spent sounds here]

Totally! I only learned about moissanite after getting my engagement ring. Wish I knew about it before (my fiance would really appreciate that ;))
But yet I'm kind of falling into another dangerous loop...

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Totally! I only learned about moissanite after getting my engagement ring. Wish I knew about it before (my fiance would really appreciate that ;))
But yet I'm kind of falling into another dangerous loop...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the danger zone lmfao...

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

@rosethorn, I’m currently shopping for some moissanite jewelry to take on vacation. How would you say the sterling silver hold up—scratches, discolouration, etc. over time? I’m debating between this ring that’s SS and it’s about 20-25% of the WG version. I’m assuming moissanite & SS can go into the pool and ocean?

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
@rosethorn, I’m currently shopping for some moissanite jewelry to take on vacation. How would you say the sterling silver hold up—scratches, discolouration, etc. over time? I’m debating between this ring that’s SS and it’s about 20-25% of the WG version. I’m assuming moissanite & SS can go into the pool and
I’ve been wearing mine daily for about three months and never noticed any issues, but it’s a full eternity so not much metal to be seen from the top. I just checked the sides and don’t see any obvious discolorations or scratches. Honestly if you’re getting it as a travel ring I’d be even more inclined to go with SS - that way if you lose it or it gets stolen it’s even less of a big deal.

Haven’t worn mine in the pool or ocean that I can think of, but I wear it in the shower all the time. I’ve read that it will eventually tarnish if you wear it in water, but it hasn’t happened to me yet, and even if it did I could polish it out with a silver polishing cloth.

Hope that helps!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been wearing mine daily for about three months and never noticed any issues, but it’s a full eternity so not much metal to be seen from the top. I just checked the sides and don’t see any obvious discolorations or scratches. Honestly if you’re getting it as a travel ring I’d be even more inclined to go with SS - that way if you lose it or it gets stolen it’s even less of a big deal.

Haven’t worn mine in the pool or ocean that I can think of, but I wear it in the shower all the time. I’ve read that it will eventually tarnish if you wear it in water, but it hasn’t happened to me yet, and even if it did I could polish it out with a silver polishing cloth.

Hope that helps!

You’re so right! I lost sight of the ‘travel’ ring part and got caught up in value for money. Hehe. Glad to hear that SS is pretty sturdy. I just noticed that my SS jewelry are pretty soft and being that I’m looking for a 3 stone ring, I‘m hoping the band part will hold up. I’m pretty rough with my jewelry and talk with my hands a lot. Well, here’s hoping it will survive 2 1/2 weeks. I just ordered a pair of earrings and necklace and will go order the ring now. Thanks for your input!

zsheng

Rough_Rock

I was planning to get an eternity ring but bought this from Starsgem. I love it! Really good price for a moissanite + SS ring.
Now I just need another eternity ring...

ring.jpeg

kris01vb

Shiny_Rock
I have 4mm in white and yellow gold. The white gold looks nearly identical to my real 4mm diamond band. These stones some give the excessive color a lot of moissanite does, but these look more like real high quality diamonds. Here is my yellow gold moissanite and with my 2.5 diamond EBB20F68-51E4-4A40-BCC2-EFB864B8D930.jpeg

Check Charles and clovard. They are having a sale, but they will be more than Chinese vendors.

I had one moissy band and it was from C&C. The stones looked good (white and sparkly) and the setting was done properly. It did seem a little less...refined (?) than other bands I own/have owned. Mostly, the prongs on my other bands were more comfortable to wear and didn't rub against my other fingers. You can kinda see how the prongs of the moissy band sticks out a bit in the attached pic:

Shared prong 7 stone 0.70ctw F1 moissanite band 2.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add :
My band is moissanite, made by JuliaB Jewelry on Etsy. It costs much more than the Chinese vendors do, more like 1xxx, but for me it ensured great construction and control on cut quality, color, and exact matching to my e-ring. She does have periodic sales, so it's worth keeping an eye out

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results