shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for best type of band to go with e-ring?

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
The setting is a Legato sleek line style. It slightly tapers from 1.4mm to 2mm. I am looking for an around 2mm size band. I don't want anything that would overpower. I am not set on it being a square cut diamond in the band either. Do you think rounds would go well with it? Budget under $1200 would be best.

Does anyone own this and have a review on it, quality over time, melee quality? How do you guys think this would go with it?

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-diamond/14k-white-gold-0.34ct-rounded-french-cut-pave-diamond-wedding-ring-item-7091

I also saw something like this

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-diamond/14k-white-gold-0.33ct-common-prong-diamond-wedding-ring-item-7097

Or this

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-diamond/14k-white-gold-pave-rounded-wedding-band-item-9243

Open to suggestions!! I really like the french pave band but have never seen it in person. Looking for opinions if you think it'd be a good match.

_37531.jpg

_37532.jpg

_37533.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so gorgeous I'd forego the blingy band and go for a plain band to let the assscher shine.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I am also open to that! I tried some princess bands on with it when picking it up (very limited selection) and nothing moved me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm boring. Just a nice brightcut pave band would be my choice for the intial ring.

You can get nice stackers down the line.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1465438408|4041986 said:
Your ring is so gorgeous I'd forego the blingy band and go for a plain band to let the assscher shine.

+1

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
With step cuts I'm not a fan of two plain bands together. They, IMO, need a blingy band to play off of. A plain band just looks like a super thick shank and makes the stone look smaller, in my experience.

But you should go try on bands and see what you like on your hand, honestly. That's the BEST thing to do.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1465450082|4042067 said:
With step cuts I'm not a fan of two plain bands together. They, IMO, need a blingy band to play off of. A plain band just looks like a super thick shank and makes the stone look smaller, in my experience.

But you should go try on bands and see what you like on your hand, honestly. That's the BEST thing to do.
This is true! You can end up with a thick shank look, especially if the bands are flush. See, for me, my basket causes a gap, which is why the plain band looks best in my case. When bands are flush, I like to stack 3 rings of different styles and textures to prevent that super thick shank look. I also have a plain band that is rounded (domed comfort fit) and not flat topped to make it pop more next to a plain shanked e-ring.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
What do you think of the band being in super white gold, while the e-ring is platinum? Goldsmith told me this should be fine regarding wear and tear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results