shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Suggestions? (Esp. for a Chicago resident.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ptoomey

Rough_Rock
Hi!
35.gif

I have been visiting this site for many months.

I finally narrowed down what I want in a ring!

I was hoping you could help me with possible brand suggestions or stores in Chicago that might carry what I''m looking for.

I would LOVE a ring that:

-is around 2 mm band
-has a center round stone
-has channel princess set stones

I have looked at the Ritanni one, fitting this description. Although I think it''s beautiful, the pave is not exactly what I''m looking for.

Any ideas?

Also, have any of you ever had a handmade ring from Steve Quick, in Chicago (in Lincoln Park)?

Much thanks!!!!
Ann

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
If I were in Chicago, I''d check out Dimend Scaasi. www.dimendscaasi.com

I LOVE his settings, and he he''s had some wonderful reviews on this board. Good luck!

ptoomey

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Anyone else have any ideas? Possibly for non-Chicago stores?

Ann

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Vatche? www.dvatche.com They have a couple solitaires with princess channel set stones, and pretty much any jeweler can get them in for you.

Or, you can always go custom with Whiteflash and get exactly what you want if you aren''t finding what you want elsewhere.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I just got my Original Radiant cut from Steve Quick''s and had them make the custom ring. They did a pretty nice job and worked with me to get the wax made the way I wanted it. There are a few minor adjustments I need fixed, but overall I am very happy with the ring. If you decide to go there I would speak with Nicholas - he was great.

I would also suggest dimend scassi as well.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Both my engagement and wedding rings were purchased at Diamands Chicago in the Wabash Jewelers Mall. They do custom work and also have a large selection on site. I selected a loose stone and then setting and returned several months later (I''m from San Diego) to choose my wedding ring. Our experiences there were great (we worked with Famina) and I love my ring more and more every day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also try Holtzmann''s. They''re about 2 blocks south of Steve Quick on Clark.

ptoomey

Rough_Rock
awesome, thanks!

deltarider99

Rough_Rock
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but the gf and I are planning on going to Jeweler''s Row to check out diamonds. I really want to go see Issac, but we really just want to see a variety of RB''s (different sizes, colors, clarities, etc...) in a solitare setting on her finger. Would we be able to do that there? What places would you guys recommend?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can go to New York Jewlers at 11 N. Wabash. They are a bit of a "hard sell" shop but if you really want to see different sizes/colors/clarities they have a huge inventory and can walk you through it. According to their website here are the hours (9-5:30 Mon-Wed and Friday; 9-7 Thurs; 10-5 Sat and I think they are closed on Sundays).

Please note that I am not *endorsing* this merchant in any way; just saying that I know they have a big on-site inventory and can show you a lot of options. A few PSers have objected to their "hard sell" tactics but as long as you go in there knowing that you're on a purely educational mission it should be worth the trip.

Let us know how it goes!

lostdiamondinSG

Rough_Rock
I would suggest Chicago Diamond Center on Wabash - great educational experience !
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results