shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestion to modify this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

concun

Shiny_Rock
This is my to-be 3 stone ring. I love the trellis setting, but I want to modify a bit so that a straight wedding band can sit flush. Can you suggest how to modify it? I definitely don''t want a curve band, and gap does drive me nut.
Thanks.

Thuha 2.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just raise the trellis off the band a bit. Will do a crappy photoshop to demonstrate.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:55:39 PM
Author: musey
I would just raise the trellis off the band a bit. Will do a crappy photoshop to demonstrate.

supercrappyphotoshopjob.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Looks great Musey! That''s exactly what I was thinking--very pretty ring!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that looks great
36.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way the trellis looks raised up a bit! Go for it! That is just a stunner!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did an excellent job Musey! That is exactly what has to happen to make a band sit flush. I have a PrecisionSet three stone mounting and that is exactly the way the ring is made.

Just an additional note to the poster: A wedding band will sit COMPLETELY flush with this type of ring; however, if the stones are larger and the wedding band thin, the band can be almost to completely covered by the diamonds in the ering. I have run into this problem time and time again when trying on thinner wedding bands.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:04:13 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 12:55:39 PM
This looks great, and you could also have it curve inward a bit kind of like this setting, but I''m not good enough with photoshop to give an example like musey. http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=109.

By the way, I love the design! It''s going to be a knockout!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job Musey. This ring is going to be stunning.
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
wow, musey, your crappy photoshop looked pretty good to me!
28.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh, that''s going to be a stunner!! gorgeous from the CAD, and MUSEY- great job at photoshop. .. wish I had some knowledge of photoshop
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Concon- Where did you find this inspiration ring? if you don''t mind me asking.. its beatiful

concun

Shiny_Rock
kcoursolle: What do you mean by "curve inward"? Do you mean on both side of the 3 stones where the shank is met, it should curve inward underneath the trellis?

I always like Trellis setting, but this Trellis setting is different because it doesn''t have the basket underneath the diamonds to keep it up, the diamonds are only intact with the rings by the 4 prongs. I actually saw this ring at my designer''s store. I then asked him to add small diamonds on both sides in shared prongs. The design doesn''t show shared prong I think.

Funny you ask, I love the Vitorian look on other people, but not on me, and when my designer showed me his work, mostly Victorian. In the back of my head, I was thinking maybe that''s why it needs to be customed because Victorian design is such a complex one. So when I show him this I like, it''s simple, and my friends even commented that I can buy it everywhere. I went home, and asked myself what I need to do to make it more personal, more customed, more worth the money :)... I know it''s silly of me.

I will see how it looks with the thin wedding band ''cause I totally understand what you mean. If it is not such a big gap, which design looks better? like this or raised up? If it''s raised up, should I engrave something all around on the side of the shanks? hehehehe...
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys
35.gif
I love photoshop. I wish I were better at it. Maybe someday!

Date: 2/27/2009 5:55:22 PM
Author: concun
If it is not such a big gap, which design looks better? like this or raised up? If it's raised up, should I engrave something all around on the side of the shanks? hehehehe...
9.gif
If you don't mind the gap, I always tend to think lower = better, but that is COMPLETELY personal preference.

Let your own eyes tell you what you like best, because we can't tell you what looks better to you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my own experience, raising all of the metal work above the ring (as in Musey''s photoshop version) makes the side view of the ring a bit top heavy. When I selected my PrecisionSet mounting, I did so because I liked the look of the ring from the top down. Not too much metal, stones fit on the top of my finger, etc. It really wasn''t until much later that I discovered the real intent of the ring. From the beginning, I did know that my band sat flush with the ering but don''t know that that was the main criteria.

Fast forward a few years. There are no small wedding or eternity bands that don''t get lost under my mounting. I have to have a fairly substantial band (the Etoile which is almost 4 mm) to be able to be seen. The gap starts to seem more desirable to me now - a wedding ring that wouldn''t sit flush would make two rings look like two rings - rather than two rings that have the look of being somehow soldered together.

It truly is personal preference and a large gap wouldn''t be my bag either. The other question before making the decision would be what type of band you would be considering with that ering. Smaller stones wouldn''t overhang the wedding band either and I don''t know what size stone you are planning to put in that ering. That could be another deciding factor in whether you want to leave it as is or go with something like Musey made for you.

And Musey, my dear, how on earth could you be any better with photoshop? You did an excellent job - I''m impressed!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have a flush fit ring (but mine is a halo setting) and I wish it wasn''t one because wedding bands totally get lost underneath it. So I would try on flush fit and regular e-rings with wedding bands to see what you prefer. Either way it will be gorgeous, though!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
If you're interested in wearing a plain metal band, you could just get as flat a band as possible, and it may sit flush with the design as is. My friend has a 3-stone trellis setting that sits flush...her plain platinum band is from Blue Nile if you're interested.

Love the design BTW!

concun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. I brought the picture in to show my designer. He told me the gap is not big, but if I am concerned, he will push the head in a bit, not raise it up, so that it will be flat, and it looks doable, so I will post the real ring once in done in a few weeks.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a plan! We''ll be anxious to see the final product - good luck!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
concun I think the ring is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results