shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestion on ring setting for ruby cabochon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sasori

Shiny_Rock
Dear all,
need some help and suggestion on a ring setting for the ruby cabochon.

Meant for my wife.

Stone is approximately 9ct.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

6D0074A.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That is so gorgeous, how about a halo?

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I love sapphires and rubies in very simple settings with two large diamonds on the side.

1675_198o.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I think that''s just crying out for an Art Deco style setting. Maybe like this or this.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Now we''re getting into art deco, I know this isn''t for everyone, but Elizabeth Taylor has a sugarloaf sapphire in a Cartier art deco mounting. I have the picture in a book, but if someone online can find it, and post it, it can be an inspiration for a setting. She has a matching necklace to that screams art deco. I''m very jealous of Elizabeth Taylor!!
29.gif

Sasori

Shiny_Rock
I quite like the idea of a halo! Thanks.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I also spit out what I was drinking when I saw that emerald ring. Elizabeth Taylor, eat your heart out!!!! Gorgeous setting and fabulous idea for a cabachon stone. Drool Drool
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 12:51:10 PM
Author: twodoor2
I also spit out what I was drinking when I saw that emerald ring. Elizabeth Taylor, eat your heart out!!!! Gorgeous setting and fabulous idea for a cabachon stone. Drool Drool
3.gif
Ditto! And I LOVE the added touch of those loooooooonnnnnnnng baguettes that are still within the halo!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that stone warrants a Deco setting with stepped cuts. Maybe traps on the side. I could totally see a halo of square French cuts perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results