shape
carat
color
clarity

any runners?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

s95

Shiny_Rock
Just curious,
Are there any runners on the board?

I''m currently training to do a marathon in October and will be running a half-marathon on Monday.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is awsome! I used to run but I have gained about 40lbs and that just killed the whole running thing... Congrats though and if you like checkout the Daily workout thread is the Are We Threre Yet? forum. A group of us post about our exercise habits daily.
35.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, good luck on your half!! I have run several marathons, running is a big part of my life.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I call myself a runner, but the longest race I''ve done is 10k!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really feel like a runner, but I do run! Just did a 6 miler this morning. Good luck with your race tomorrow.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m SO not a runner, but I used to be a sprinter in high school. Can''t do long runs, don''t have the lung capacity...I like to walk long distances however.

However, my DAD...he has been a long-distance runner for years, and he also cycles somewhat competitively, he just did his first triathalon last weekend!!! It was really exciting for him, he''s been training for almost a year--mostly on the swimming part!

Greg is also a runner, but nothing too long distance, he goes for ~5m runs a few times a week and also does 10k''s with my dad a few times a year.

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
great to hear about the marathon training
1.gif

i run fairly often (about 35 miles a week) havent had time to really train for racing however. i am hoping to run the NYC marathon next year once the rest of my world settles down!

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Another runner
26.gif

I''ve been having some health problems recently, so I''ve not run in any races for a while.

Still, my usual schedule sees me running four times a week -- two five-milers and two interval sessions.

I usually place top 20 in New York Road Runner''s Races.
10.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The closest I come to running is through my massage therapist, who is a marathoner.

I have to admit she gives a grueling massage. Just ignores my screams...

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Here. I''m not super competitive though. I kind of run to cover the distance and don''t worry about my time or anything.

Ran the NJ Marathon this past April and am hoping to run a half marathon in Jan.
9.gif

Hope your half went well today and good luck in Oct.
35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Me too Matatora. I feel your pain. LOL I grew up with an extremely athetic father who would do marathons, tri-athalons, hiking, biking, etc also.
There was a cabinet of trophies and ribbons and newpaper print-outs to remind me how he excelled. SO, I grew up running and actually did love it. There was a LOT of pressure to stay slim and athletic. I kind of fell off the wagon after law school. I would go out for an hour and clear my mind. Now I"m lucky i I can tie my own shoe laces LOL. But when I visualize, it's me finishing the marathon and having my hubby cheer me on at the finish line! Or just me going for a long, painful sweaty run. It's the BEST :)

nutty

Rough_Rock
Hmmm... I run when I''m being chased.
31.gif

I''m impressed with all of you runners! I admire everyone that can complete a marathon!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Nutty. I''ll run after a snickers bar! :)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I run. To the jewelry store. To the L&T coupon sale. To the summer special at the local liquor store.

Seriously, I have asthma so it''s walking for me.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I used to run -- loved it, but blew out both knees skiing, so no more running for me. It took me years to quit completely. It''s addictive, and I still miss it, but now I walk a lot, and do some good high elevation hikes, so that''s almost as good, but not the same.

Good for all you marathoners. I never got to the full marathon -- the knees gave out first, but I did some half and lots of 5/10k''s.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
But when I visualize, it''s me finishing the marathon and having my hubby cheer me on at the finish line! Or just me going for a long, painful sweaty run. It''s the BEST :)

Oh my gawd, the feeling of completing your first marathon is AMAZING!!! I will never forget seeing the finish line and realizing that I was going to finish a freaking marathon.

I was a hard core nerd as a kid, the only class I ever ditched was P.E.
1.gif

s95

Shiny_Rock
Matarora, I''ll check out that thread! Thanks!

Lost on 5th, I''ve heard the NYC marathon is the best! A friend of a friend qualified for that with a half-marathon time and then during her training, had a stress fracture in her toe and had to drop out. (It was only a week before).
7.gif

Logan Sapphire, I know what you mean about not feeling like a runner. I don''t either, but we do run, thus, we are runners.
1.gif
I always sort of feel like an imposter when I go to races, though, but then I realize that there are always people slower than me and faster than me.

Ursulawrite, you sound hardcore! I''m pretty much a plodder. Love to run and have just this year started doing some speedwork regularly. I hate pain, so it is not much fun,
40.gif
but it''s really helped my speed.

Morticia, what''s the NJ marathon like? Does it go through Ocean City? My half went o.k., but it was not my best effort. I started out too slow and then couldn''t make up the time as I went along, although I was just happy to be finishing it by mile 13.

MrsFrsk, you''re right, the empowerment of finishing a marathon is unbelievable. I couldn''t believe I did it, either. I said I wouldn''t do it again because one was enough, but here I am thinking, "Oh, if I work REALLY hard, maybe I can make a Boston trip in April." Of course, that is definitely a pipe-dream for me because I ran my first marathon in 4:27 and I doubt there''s anyway of realistically shaving 45 minutes + off that time. Although, I think I could run it in just under 4:00 if all went well. You never know.....

sxn675, I love the 10k race. It''s not as painful as a 5k (have to run too hard in those
3.gif
) and not as long as a half.

Good luck to everyone in their training and fitness routines!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
s95,

The NJ Marathon is a great marathon. First of all, it''s flat as a pancake. It doesn''t get any flatter than that. It''s in April so the weather is usually perfect running weather. The volunteers are awesome and it''s a small race (numbers wise) so the fluids and energy foods are never ending...

You run through Sandy Hook and Long Branch, I think. It''s a turn around course, which is a little brutal. Especially when you''re on mile 18 and you see those running back on mile 23.

It''s a great marathon and I highly recommend it. I have guaranteed entry for NYCM 06 so that''s my next marathon goal. Until then, I''m going to stick to 10Ks and Half Marathons. Hoping to run Houston Half in Jan.
9.gif

Good luck to you.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results