shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Reviews on Purchases from B2C?

leeac

Rough_Rock
I did a search on this site, and only found a few references to B2C, mostly folks with the same questions I have on if they are a reputable source. They seem to have various decent reviews around the web, however, nothing consistent from what I can find. My personal first impression from a few phone calls to them is that they are a pretty small outfit, a drop shipper, and slightly disorganized (it takes them awhile to get back to you), but since I'm comparing them to a larger outfit like James Allen, it's to be expected.

I see that they offer the same diamonds as BGD and some of the others on this site, but at a slightly lower price than the others, so naturally, I would always go with the lower price. But I'm more concerned about reputation... I'm wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with them. The whole bank wire thing concerns me, and I'd feel more comfortable knowing that others here had some good experience with B2C in the past...

Any thoughts and insight would be of great help to me!

Thanks!

fanofhardrock

Rough_Rock
leeac|1355323251|3329321 said:
I did a search on this site, and only found a few references to B2C, mostly folks with the same questions I have on if they are a reputable source. They seem to have various decent reviews around the web, however, nothing consistent from what I can find. My personal first impression from a few phone calls to them is that they are a pretty small outfit, a drop shipper, and slightly disorganized (it takes them awhile to get back to you), but since I'm comparing them to a larger outfit like James Allen, it's to be expected.

I see that they offer the same diamonds as BGD and some of the others on this site, but at a slightly lower price than the others, so naturally, I would always go with the lower price. But I'm more concerned about reputation... I'm wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with them. The whole bank wire thing concerns me, and I'd feel more comfortable knowing that others here had some good experience with B2C in the past...

Any thoughts and insight would be of great help to me!

Thanks!

The main consideration would be do they have the setting you want? This can quickly swallow up the savings, as if you buy the central diamond from them, you will have to pay extra typically for someone else to set it.

Their pricepoint is good, but you are right that they dropship. James Allen will offer you a better service and frequently a discount on settings when you buy a diamond, so worth considering. They offer great value versus bricks and mortar.

Teague47

Rough_Rock
I just received a diamond from them. Haven't gotten it to an appraiser to see what kind of value I got. But it's been a great experience thus far. Great service. Great experience. And by far the best prices. Had some difficulty narrowing down stones because they aren't in house. But if you can stay patient I'd recommend B2C.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Teague47|1355355451|3329798 said:
I just received a diamond from them. Haven't gotten it to an appraiser to see what kind of value I got. But it's been a great experience thus far. Great service. Great experience. And by far the best prices. Had some difficulty narrowing down stones because they aren't in house. But if you can stay patient I'd recommend B2C.

I requested a cert and picture of a stone over 2 weeks ago and they never got back to me. Not to mention the stone I was interested, well, they just kept telling me that I wouldn't like it....E SI1.....I would recommend James Allen or any other vendor that's affiliated with PS.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been watching this thread because I am looking at some stones on B2C and would love more input from others.

Mirna

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1355371411|3330002 said:

I requested a cert and picture of a stone over 2 weeks ago and they never got back to me. Not to mention the stone I was interested, well, they just kept telling me that I wouldn't like it....E SI1.....I would recommend James Allen or any other vendor that's affiliated with PS.

I made an enquiry 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them so ended up going with another retailer.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Mirna|1356642846|3340945 said:
04diamond<3|1355371411|3330002 said:

I made an enquiry 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them so ended up going with another retailer.

Yup, same here. Feeling like I made the right decision. If they're this careless with inquiries, they're NOT worth it!!!

Deucer

Rough_Rock
I asked for some feedback on 2 different stones using 2 email addresses. One of them was turned around in less than 24 hours. I still havn't heard back on the other a week later. Seems hit or miss.

Difficult to beat the prices though and it's nice that they show the HCA score in the pricescope search engine. Saves a lot of checking.

leeac

Rough_Rock
Fortunately for me, I didnt' run into any delays with turnaround on pictures from B2C... but then again, due to my time crunch, I was calling them every day anyway. One thing I did notice is that when they needed photos from an out of country diamond partner (e.g. India), it would take them a little longer to get the photos - I'm assuming due to difference in working hours.

If B2C is not getting back to you for 2-4 weeks on inquiries, then it is clear they need to improve on their business model. On the other hand, if they've got a rock that you really like, it could be worth the extra effort (staying on top of them) to pursue it since they seem to have the best pricing.

I'm going to link this thread to my B2C review so that these concerns on turnaround time are included there as well.

alma123

Rough_Rock
B2C is WEIRD that is for sure. I'd trust these guys as far as I can throw them...

I made 2 inquiries, both HCA<2. First was J SI1 with very clean GIA cert. When I inquired them about it they told me clarity is "weak" diamond is ugly and not sparkly at all. I asked to clarify what they meant "weak" clarity, and they said it's because the color is brown. Okaaaaay.

Next was an H SI2 also very clean looking as per GIA report. They said this diamond was cloudy. I asked them why this is since there were no clouds on the GIA report. THey said GIA reports do not show clouds. FML.

Of course they never respond to me willingly only when I contact them to ask about my request status.

Their prices are sub-marginally better than James Allen. THey are drop shippers so they have obviously have more selection but only if you're okay with having no clue about what you're actually getting... and buying from people who have no idea what they are talking about or just flat out lying to you all the time.

Another thing I thought was odd... I read reviews about this company and the other reviewers mention "Kenny" "Ben" "Rickie" in my experience, I've only seen "SHeldon" "raymond" "brian" "adam"

I doubt they are employing that many people to work for them... there are so many screaming red flags about this whole operation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results