shape
carat
color
clarity

any red flags?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cve77

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m looking at a cushion with the following specs:

1.86 Carat
F
VS1
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Good
Fluorescence - Faint

7.53x6.59x4.45

Depth - 67.5%
Table - 61%

Girdle: medium - very thick (faceted)
Culet: None

- Crystal
- Feather
- Needle
- Natural
- Extra Facet

There seemed to be a fair amount of symbols at the bottom of the GIA certification... I just want to be certain that these aren''t major red flags... still learning... any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not really

got pics?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 8:16:54 PM
Author: JulieN
not really

got pics?
Ditto!

Hi there-

Numerous characteristics in a VS1 isn''t anything to be concerned about, as they will be small and insignificant. Cushions, in my opinion, hide their inclusions well and so I frequently recommend diamonds all the way down to
SI2 when necessary. In those cases I always inspect for durability and to see if it''s eye clean or not (and in my experience they often are!)

When it comes to a cushions you have to take all the data together. This cushion seems to have the same spread as some of the 1.70ct cushions I have been showing, which is logical considering it has girdle running to VTK.
That is not a problem if you don''t mind a bit of extra depth. Again, cushions come in many different geometries. I do like the nice small table. That often creates the fire and sparkle people find desirable in nice cushions.

With the above said you really need to see it in person to see if it has great life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results