shape
carat
color
clarity

Any red flags on this RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cb1916

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m about to buy this stone. Anyone have any reservations?

Round Brilliant
Weight - 1.510ct
Color - F
Clarity - VS2
Diameter (mm) - 7.54 (7.52-7.57)
Total depth - 59.5% (4.49mm)
Crown angle - 33.7
Pavil angle - 40.8
Pavil depth - 42.9%
Table size - 56.8%
Girdle thickness - 1.1% (0.8-1.2)
Faint blue flour

Many thanks.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The spread seems a little wide for that size...usually it's in the 5.4 range. Maybe a shallower stone. Did you run the HCA?

cb1916

Rough_Rock
Jennifer,

5.4 mm for a 1.5 ct stone? Did you mean 7.54?

Scores 0.8 on the HCA.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no expert, but it looks like it has every chance to be a winner. VS2 should be eye-clean (except in extreme cases), F's a very safe colour, and the cut looks excellent (straight across excellent's on the HCA, in fact)

have you seen it in person, yet? you'll have to do that for the final evaluation, but it looks like it'll be lovely
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It sounds great to me also. Have you seen it in person? If so, and you think it looks great, take it to an independent appraiser andget their opinion. (Make sure you have a no questions asked refund policy. I would recommend this with any diamond purchase -- not specifically this one).

cb1916

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I have indeed seen it in person. It's really nice - lots of fire under all kinds of light. And I love the bigger spread resulting from the low depth and slightly shallow angles.

Setting it in a very small channel/pave band.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oops--yes 7.4! If it scored an .8 on the HCA, it is likely a good stone. But it seems you've already figured this out for yourself!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results