shape
carat
color
clarity

Any prongs covering the arrow tips of your MRB stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you care if it does or not?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I asked BGD not to cover any of them, they did the job~Should I buy MRB again, will do the same.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yes. frankly it drives me nuts, but not enough to get it reset LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked BGD not to cover any of them, they did the job~Should I buy MRB again, will do the same.
Yeah, but it might cover the inscription #s on the girdle. I think it would be very hard for the setter to line everything up.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but it might cover the inscription #s on the girdle. I think it would be very hard for the setter to line everything up.
I did consider this, but had confidence in shopping from company like BGD. I didn't really check the inscription, the stone is magnificent~I am looking to purchase a loupe, but just for self inspection purpose.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I knocked my former ering stone clear out of my palladium setting and had to have it reset. When I got it back, it just didn't pop the way it did before. I finally realized what was different-the arrow tips were covered. Where I would get that broad flash of fire off the end of the arrow seemed to be "stopped" by the prong.

I went back to the jeweler and he said that he had to put the prong on the facets that would keep the stone most secure. And he wanted to cover my one inclusion and not cover the inscription. I still asked him to change it.

So long story short, it drove me nuts to the point of needing to change it. I missed the prior performance of my stone too much.:)

Reactions: AV_

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the prongs don't cover any of the arrow tips. I guess that was by design but I didn't even think to request it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MGR! Kinda funny how you get a good shot once in a while!!! It only took about 100 pics to finally get a clear h&a pic!!:lol:

LOL, glad to hear that. I have yet to get a good one. Guess I need to tell the fiancee I just need to take more pics. She doesn't like being a hand model. :lol:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
All of my arrows are between the 8 prongs. I like it that way but for the life of me I can't find the inscription. I assume it's behind a prong. I sure hope so!!! 20181212_162506.jpg
@ceg - beautiful ring! May I ask what size stone that is and the specs? Also, what is your finger size? You have delicate, nice and slender fingers :).

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg - beautiful ring! May I ask what size stone that is and the specs? Also, what is your finger size? You have delicate, nice and slender fingers :).

Thank you! My fingers are long so they look slender. I wear a 6.5, so not really that small. My diamond is 3.122 J VS2 ACA.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! My fingers are long so they look slender. I wear a 6.5, so not really that small. My diamond is 3.122 J VS2 ACA.
WOW! It faces up very white. Didn’t think it’s a J. Looks beautiful on you. I thought you are a size 4 ;-). Pretty hands!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are in between the prongs too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question! No idea, but now I'm curious to check!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results