shape
carat
color
clarity

Any problem wearing 18k YG and 18k WG rings together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you have followed my efforts to choose two eternity bands to wear on either side of my YG e-ring. You''ve educated me about the pit falls of shared prong bands next to another ring and helped me to narrow my choices.

Now I am thinking about metals. I really like to mix them and am considering two WG milgrained bands. I will wear just the bands sometimes, and sometimes put my e-ring between them. I am presuming that since they will both be gold I can avoid the platinum against gold scratching concern? Am I on target here?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I think you'd be okay, especially if they are the same karat as your engagement ring, i.e., both 14 kt. or both 18 kt. But I'm not sure if the different alloys used in white vs. yellow gold make a difference in the wear factor.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sara. I''m thinking the same thing.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it would matter. Same kt would help I imagine.

But are wg and yg cut with different metals? Might those different metals have different densities and thus cause issues?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results