shape
carat
color
clarity

any problem w/ "inward facing" melee rubbing against wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
As many of you know, I am interested in this type of ring style:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EDWARDIAN-STYLE-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-5-5mm-RING-MOUNTING_W0QQitemZ5023418017QQihZ016QQcategoryZ52590QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

But I''ve recently been wondering - is there any issue having the melee facing "in" and "out" on the shank since it curves out a little (see the top view for the curve)... it seems like they would rub up against the wedding band. Would that be a problem?

Is it also common for there to be a bit of space b/n the entire shanks of the wedding band and Ering if the shapes are different (halo, etc)?

And even if it isn''t a problem that they''d be touching , I was thinking... 1/2 the melee diamonds wouldn''t be visible most of the time b/c the wedding band would cover them up. Anyone know the value of the melee stones (.01 c each)? So I''ve been considering not having any melee on the "front" and "back" faces, but just the "top" face.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results