shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pictures of this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ring a ring

Rough_Rock
Can''t decide...too many ideas posted on this website and only one ering
26.gif

At the moment (likely to change any second) I like the idea of the classic tiffany ering with a channel set wedding ring (http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/combination_tiffany_ring.asp?ring=channel&).

But is there such a thing as a round in a six prong setting with princess cut channel setting on the shoulders (v. embarrassed about poor description). I''ve seen the rounds in a four prong but never 6 - is there a reason for this? I was thinking of teaming this with a plain wedding band.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2005 3:38:50 AM
Author:Ring a ring

But is there such a thing as a round in a six prong setting with princess cut channel setting on the shoulders
Yes.

I''ve seen the rounds in a four prong but never 6 - is there a reason for this?
No.

For some reason small princess cuts are not as common as rounds, even in the channel settings that fits them so much better than they do rounds. It is probably a matter of cost rather than technical.

IMO, princess cuts on the shank look better - a continuous band of diamonds without the gaps unavoidable between rounds.
20.gif

You should be able to find one or at least have such a setting made if none comes up off the rack. Speaking of which... the picture shows a ring by Mark Morell (from HERE) with channel-set rounds on the sides of a Tiffany-style head. I can''t immagine why some 2-2.5mm princess cuts could not be used instead of the round in the channel. And the ring is custom made anyway.

channelt.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sixfourchannel.JPG

Ring a ring

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I love the Mark Morell ring. It''s amazing how different they all look though when you try them on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results