shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pictures of princess pendant settings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all you creative and resourceful PSers!

I have a princess cut diamond that I received as a gift several years ago to commemorate a triumphant end to a very long and arduous task. I did not purchase this stone, so I have absolutely no specs on it. I do know that it''s just shy of 0.5 ct and it is NOT perfectly square...it is slightly longer 2 sides, and by slightly I mean enough to make it look wrong if I try to have it set "on point" (diagonally). It is currently in a simple basket setting in white gold. The truth is, I don''t wear it much because I''ve been wearing a diamond heart pendant instead, and frankly it seems like it could be shown off so much better in something other than just a 4 prong basket. I''m thinking more detail, or melee, or something. Any ideas? One idea was the Ritani halo design, but I''ve only seen that for rounds on a pendant. I''m open to anything - art deco, etc. Thanks!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now I''ve just got one pic - slh''s pendant...but without the two smaller links and the princess would be straight instead of diagonal...any other ideas?

slhpendant.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FG
i went back to Costco and was planning on buying the hart shape pendant but thery''re out of stock.
8.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, while you were making that stunning 5 stone ring, everyone went and grabbed up all the heart pendants at Costco??!! That''s a shame...I do love mine. But your wife is sure a lucky lady if you got her that 5 stone ring, and you were going to pick up the heart pendant...it was for her, right??
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2005 1:55:55 AM
Author: FireGoddess
DF, while you were making that stunning 5 stone ring, everyone went and grabbed up all the heart pendants at Costco??!! That''s a shame...I do love mine. But your wife is sure a lucky lady if you got her that 5 stone ring, and you were going to pick up the heart pendant...it was for her, right??
11.gif
yeah,it must be
11.gif
.my wife and i really love the hart pendant.i was gonna buy it put it away for my daughter as her college graduation present (if she graduate) in 3 yrs.oh...and the 5 stone ring that''s for my mistress.
2.gif
31.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2005 4:17:21 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 5/5/2005 1:55:55 AM
Author: FireGoddess
DF, while you were making that stunning 5 stone ring, everyone went and grabbed up all the heart pendants at Costco??!! That''s a shame...I do love mine.  But your wife is sure a lucky lady if you got her that 5 stone ring, and you were going to pick up the heart pendant...it was for her, right??
11.gif
yeah,it must be
11.gif
.my wife and i really love the hart pendant.i was gonna buy it put it away for my daughter as her college graduation present (if she graduate) in 3 yrs.oh...and the 5 stone ring that''s for my mistress.
2.gif
31.gif
Cool! When can I expect to get the 5 stone?
21.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty
you''re too young looking to be my mistress
1.gif
like kaleigh said you''re a "hot tamale"
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Df,
Oh no you don't I saw that. Yes she's hot, but don't put me in the middle!!!
3.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
DF can''t decide whether to insult me or flatter me. We may as well be married.
2.gif

I pity the people opening this thread looking for Princess pendant settings.
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehe.....patty, i would be one of those people! ahhhh, and look what i''ve been missing!
37.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Don''t this is just as entertaining.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for highjacking this thread, now what was it about I forget, Lol!!!
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and it''s too bad there aren''t more princess pendants out there. the one fg posted is the only one i could think of. (and it''s a beauty!)
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
To bring this somewhat on track
2.gif
and since no one has come up with any ideas, I did some more digging...and all my digging has only brought me 2 more ideas. The first is this, which I love but don''t know if I could do since my princess is not perfectly square:

88604.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second is this below, but instead of a rb in the center, put the princess...

Anybody besides me have any ideas for my question???? LOL

61237.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
FG~
I've been searching for pendant ideas (with a princess cut) and it's harder than I thought! I've found a few with square type centers (asschers, etc.)... should I still post those? In the meantime, I'll keep looking.
9.gif

P.S. All the pendants you've posted are gorgeous!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey chelle - I'll take anything I can get at this point.
9.gif
It is hard - I did a bunch of internet searches before and after I posted the thread...most are just 4 prong basket settings. I thought Fay Cullen would have some cool ideas but I didn't find anything there, at Tiffany's, DCD, GOG, WF, and what I found on random google searches I posted here.

I'll take anything!
1.gif

ETA: or maybe this means I should do something else with it??!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Fire Goddess, I just love that first one you posted!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, okay i''ll play....

squarenpave.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
loooove this one! it is similar to the one you post earlier....

circleopave.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
This is my slightly Art Deco looking emerald pendant. The picture doesn''t do it justice. I always get comments on this because the shape and design is just a bit out of the ordinary. You could put your lop-sided diamond in a pendant like this.
2.gif

310715.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Ok, let''s see if this works... I tried to make a collage!
They are all Ritani (sorry, I''m a little obsessed!)
20.gif
The first is an asscher, but I was thinking the middle pic can be set the way the asscher is. (So it is not set diagonally.)

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to paste pics into my post? I''ve looked up how to do it, but I can''t figure it out! It says to use rich-text editor, but I don''t even see "rich-text editor" anywhere when I''m trying to post.
33.gif
It would be so much easier to post pics if I knew how to do that...

ritanisquarependants.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pant, pant, OK, FireGoddess, just so ya know how much we love you, I spent hours searching the internet for unique designs for your pendant....looked at emerald cuts, princesses, and radiants to try to find something off-square....sweat is drippiing from my brow, my fingers are quivering in exhaustion from following a zillion useless links (am I getting a sympathy vote here???
12.gif
)....BUT, the only place I found anything interesting was from good ''ol Leon Mege. Sorry but I can''t get the pic to load nor can I get the linky thingy to work....too exhausted
14.gif
http://artofplatinum.com/frames/thumbs.htm

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh chelle,
I love those!!!
30.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I use a picture hosting website (Photobucket). I copy the Img line under the picture I''ve saved and sized etc and just paste it into my reply. Works every time for me.

You can also save pics direct to your computer and when you reply, click on the ''Attach File'' box and that allows you to attach a file which is your pic. That works too.

Good luck.
21.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried saving to computer....it usually works, but for some reason, I can''t get any pics to post that way today. I was too lazy to do the photobucket thing
emembarrassed.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle - way cool pendants that I haven't seen before! i do love the art deco look of the second one you posted...

chelle - i completely understand your ritani obsession and i'm seriously thinking i could do something like the second one in your post but hanging off the chain like the first one in that row

bagpuss - what a cool emerald pendant! is that two tone metal? i really like the design.

matata - how sweet! i feel all warm and fuzzy from the love.
face23.gif
i completely forgot to check leon mege's site...what blasphemy!!!

I'm wavering between the Ritani style pendant and an art deco type piece.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Fire~
Okay, here are some from Michael Beaudry. They are not all princess cuts and one is set diagonally, but maybe they''ll give you some ideas. If not, at least they are good for eye candy!
37.gif

And thanks for the comments and help on pasting/posting pics... I''ll have to try it soon. Right now I think I''m getting the hang of making collages!
36.gif

MichaelBeaudryPendants.JPG

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Found a new link on Wink''s website......

winksq.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! well done chellebelle!
36.gif
gold (diamond studded) star for you today!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results