shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pics of Mint Green Garnet Asschers?

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I posted earlier about my hunt for a small blue sapphire to set in a gold bezel ring. Its been taking a lot longer than I expected to source the stone. I'm sure for some of you old hands, its perfectly a normal part of the process but for someone who's never gone custom or sourced her own stone, I'm out of my comfort zone especially with gold prices rising and not being able to do anything with the setting until I get the stone.

So I've widened my search and a mint green garnet has become available; it can be cut in an Asscher. I've long admired some of the mint green garnets posted here by TL and others but I haven't seen a mint green garnet asscher. If you have one or know of a post or thread that has one, I'd love to look at it.

And also I'd like to hear of your opinions of a mint green garnet asscher in a gold bezel setting. Pluses, minuses, I know garnet is not as hard as a sapphire. Just looking for some opinions before gold prices rise again. My nerves can't take it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a green tourmaline asscher...so not exactly what you wanted. Jeff described it as seafoam but it definitely has it's moments where to me it is more mint color in the right lighting.

Attachments

• tourmaline.bmp
    813.8 KB · Views: 637

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
All I have is a mintish tourmaline asscher set in rose gold and silver. Not exactly what you asked for, either. Sorry.

076small.jpg

ETA - My vendor pic of my tourmaline unset looks eerily similar to the first asscher from Peter that was linked.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
See?

asscher comparison.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
That garnet asscher is gorgeous. Thanks, NKOTB!

lavatea and sarah, those tourmalines are TDF - to cut down on time, I'm only looking at stones that are in hand at the jeweler and ready to cut - the tourmalines that are readily available are only suitable for rectangular cuts and I don't like the rectangular cuts.

NKOTB, yeah I tend to be hard on my rings - that's why I'm getting it in gold and not silver. It's a bit of a worry.

ETA: Just saw your asscher comparison, lavatea. The colors are markedly different! Thanks! Now I have some pictures to go back to the vendor with.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Have you already picked a vendor or are you still contacting? Just curious who you've talked with.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea, I'd rather not say right now until I can get a hold put on the stone. I'm rather new to this and I really don't want a lurker to snatch this stone up before i've had a chance.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I see. I think I must have misread your original post or something. I thought you were looking for a stone, not that you had found one.

Can't wait to see pics.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a mint garnet in a bezel setting sounds lovely. If you are hard on your rings, that type of setting would help protect it. A bezel tends to darken the stone a little... that would be the only drawback for me, but I really do love the look of a bezel.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1314130987|2997673 said:
I see. I think I must have misread your original post or something. I thought you were looking for a stone, not that you had found one.

Can't wait to see pics.

Well my original post could have been confusing too. :o It's an uncut stone so I was just looking for pics of Asschers since I originally wanted an Asscher cut.

Thanks baby nurse. I love bezels too. I'm not too concerned about the stone darkening; the mint green garnets are lighter than the original blue sapphire I was trying to match.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results