shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Pics of Leon Mege/Harry Winston 3 Stone Baguette Settings with Stones Under 2ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lingpanda01

Rough_Rock
I don''t know, but there''s something about the setup and everything that makes their baguette settings look very different than other baguette settings. Side tapered baguettes are a very normal, classical look. So I''m not sure why theirs look so different. One thing I noticed is that they are always accompanied by very large center stones. So anybody have pics of smaller diamonds with these settings? I''m just curious if it will end up looking like a typical Whiteflash or Bluenile tapered baguette setting if there''s a smaller stone (not to say they aren''t beautiful either way).

Thanks!

lingpanda01

Rough_Rock
Alright, guys. I''ve already picked out the diamond. And I''m going to talk to my jeweler this weekend about the details of my custom ring.

I hope Snooper doesn''t mind, but I showed them the pictures of her ring. I told my jeweler I wanted it like that. Because of...other financial obligations...I could only afford a 0.70ct radiant cut. But I am hoping to upgrade to a full carat next year before our wedding day.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/snoopers-leon-mege.45761/

Can you guys help me to disect this setting so I know what to tell my jeweler besides "copy that picture". I know things have to be modified a bit to go from a 3 ct to a .70 ct, but to get a similar look to that, what should I tell my jeweler?

I kept telling her before there''s something different about the Leon Mege baguette setting that makes it look different. But she kept saying that it''s just the way the picture is and that the diamond is really big. And that in real life, they all look pretty much the same. But if that''s true, why would a Leon Mege baguette setting be worth so much more?

Anywho, from looking at the pictures, I''ve come to these details that I should convey to the jeweler:

-The prongs are pointed, like claws, instead of round
-The bar that goes around the diamond in the profile view is set higher, towards the top of the diamond.
-The diamond sits really low on the ring.
***And about the baguettes***
-The angle at which the baguettes are set are steeper than normal, sitting almost to the top of the center diamond.
-The baguettes taper and come right up next to the center stone. Normally, it''s separated by a bar.
***This is the one I''m not so sure about - Because the baguettes are at a steeper angle, are they a bit shorter and wider? I can''t really tell...

Can anybody with a good eye please help me out and let me know what else I should tell my jeweler to make it look like the Leon Mege tapered baguette settings?

Thanks so much!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, don''t mind :)

I think the main distinction other than the prongs/claws is that, the shoulder area sorta swoops outward, where most 3 stones w/ bags I''ve seen are more rounded? One of the reasons why I went w/ LM is because of that small detail. Let me see if I have more pictures for you.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I saved this picture from an old thread and I want to say, #5 is the shoulder?

ring partsabc.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
And yes, the baguettes are more at an angle. If they''re (IMO) too flat in relation to the stone? It looks like wings :)

Hope that helps

profilesnoop.JPG

lingpanda01

Rough_Rock
Snooper! Thanks so much! Those two pictures are exactly what I needed!!! I just e-mailed the pictures to my jeweler. I think he has all he needs to make my ring. We will probably set the shoulder a bit lower to reflect the smaller diamond. But other than that, I think it looks good to go. And I agree with the wings. I think that''s what makes it different. The baguettes sits higher and more of an angle.

Thanks again!!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
No problem :) Glad the pics were of help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results