shape
carat
color
clarity

any pics of antique cut sapphires? All colours welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love antique cut elongated cushion shaped stones, and have recently fallen for sapphires in all colours (especially yellow, pads, and whites!). I am thinking of getting some hand cut down the road and am looking for inspiration pics. I would love to see Sapphires in antique chunky facets, like OMCs, etc. I realize that the angles will be different for Sapphs as opposed to diamonds, but am hoping they will still be as beautiful with larger facets.

Thanks for your help!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
This is a yellow I have had for quite awhile. Almost long enough to be considered an antique. LOL

IMG00001.JPG

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
The yellow sapphire is really beautiful.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Pink tower. At one time it was set in a ring but the setting just did not do the stone justice. It is once again free.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I gather the setting had too much going on?
The yellow sapphire looks like it could make a statement, maybe just a basket and claw prongs if the stone is large. If not, use tapered baguettes, or shields or maybe bullets. Just sleek.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice sapphire, CMW. It begs for something simple like side baguettes or something similar.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t have any but i was browsing whitesgem the other day, as one of my goal is to get something like this. i know you wanted antique cut, but I thought I''d just throw this out there.... wowzy!! love this.

whitesgemyellowsaph109.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, asscher cuts have been around for a while so you could say it''s an antique of sorts.
27.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 5:35:51 PM
Author: Chrono
Well, asscher cuts have been around for a while so you could say it's an antique of sorts.
27.gif
31.gif
isn't it gorgeous

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Makingthegrade - wow, what a pretty stone! I love the colour! Who cut the stone?

Colormyworld - lol! That almost looks like a daussi (sp?) cut cushion!

Icekid - that sapph is sooo pretty, it that a button cut? It DOES have that dew-like look of an OEC!

D&T - thanks for the pic...but I am looking for rounder type stones, like cushions, ovals or rounds?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Still looking for more pics tho, lol.
31.gif

Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results